πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:
  1. Ok I missed where you said it would be the 2nd best scenario.Β 
  2. Did Zeke clear is name? Is it a fact that Zeke cleared his name?
  3. Sure, the process makes the NFL look bad.Β 
  4. Are you really taking a letter from Zeke's lawyers and waving it around to claim it is a fact? Do you honestly believe that every statement from a lawyer is a fact?Β 

1. all good

2. no, thats impossible. All he can do is attempt to clear his name by making every detail of the case public. Which he did, and was at least partially successful.Β 

3. I agree. The NFLPA publicly bashing the commissioner on twitter, followed by the lead investigators stance, made the nfl look quite shady.

4. I feel like all the evidence points to what I believed beforehand. No matter what you think about Zeke, the NFLPA or the NFL - They wanted this to be a very public battle. So when Zekes lawyers confirm that, yes I take it as true that their intent was to have a public battle.Β 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/930914934409580544/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2Fnfl%2Fdallas-cowboys%2FBolt%2FDallas-Cowboys-RB-Ezekiel-Elliott-to-withdraw-NFL-appeal-serve-full-suspension-110544841

Β 

The take away is what I argued vehemently with @MKnight82Β and @AZ_Eaglesfan.Β 

"Zeke is happy that his legal fight disclosed many of the hidden truths as well as publicly exposing the NFL's mismanagement"

I told you from day 1 that Zeke wanted this to be a very public battle. So did the NFLPA.Β 

Pretty sure I never really argued whether or not he did it, or if the NFL handled it 100% properly. Was mostly focused on how it affected the Cowgirls.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Dude. My argument was that Zeke wanted this to be public and he thought getting the details out there would be beneficial. You said the opposite. Zeke just came out and said his goal, what he is most happy about, was that he got all the details out in the public.Β 

This isnt even a debate. I was 100% right. You were absolutely wrong. Any claim to the opposite is just you be obstinate.Β 

your argument is wrong. He dropped his appeal because it would do no good, he's been denied every time. He dropped it to remove further distraction to the team. He didn't want it public, it wasn't some strategic move so don't try to make Ewok seem intelligent. The guy thought he could get away but he didn't. Goodell is the Law.Β 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.Β  I've been saying since the summer that he would 100% be suspended for 6 games and that he had zero chance of reducing it.Β  I said that fighting it in court was futile because of this.Β  I've said multiple times I think its annoying having to repeatedly hear about this on the radio and read about it online.Β  I've said it was a distraction for the Cowboys this year multiple time.Β  I've said that not having him for the end of the season was much worse than not having him for the beginning of the year.Β  I don't really know what you're referring to.Β  And I still fail to see how any of this was beneficial to Elliot or the Cowboys.

MAybe this is were we are confusing eachother. I am simply referring to the one point of contention where you made a comment that this is bad because its been a public fight and I argued that Zeke and the NFLPA both want this.

1. We both agreed that he was most likely going to be suspended. I thought he had a slimmer of hope in Texas, but once that passed he had no chance.Β 

2. The fighting was futile in the sense he wasnt going to win. But it did have a purpose. Whether you think the purpose is dumb or not.

3. You being annoyed is personal. And your opinion this is a distraction is silly to me. I think ive at least partially disproved that.

4. I dont get that. Our ending schedule is easier than our beginning one.

5. Ive already said a million times, none of what I am arguing is from the perspective of the Cowboys. Simply the NFLPA and Zeke.Β 

----------------------------------------------

Β 

Again - I remember you stating something along the lines of "no one would agree with you that Zeke wants this to be in the public spotlight". Thats the only point I am saying im right on.Β 

Welp, here comes another 20 pages of back and forth Zeke. Allow me to interject with a bit not related to Zeke.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21426406

I don't know if Dallas has historically taken us seriously but it certainly seems that it's elevated since the 90's. At what point in time did Dallas fans and players start acknowledging Philadelphia?Β  McNabb era? Recent years?Β 

Edited by Danger

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Welp, here comes another 20 pages of back and forth Zeke. Allow me to interject with a bit not related to Zeke.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21426406

I don't know if Dallas has historically taken us seriously but it certainly seems that it's elevated since the 90's. At what point in time did Dallas fans and players start acknowledging Philadelphia?Β  McNabb era? Recent years?Β 

It was probably about the time your coach was putting bounties to knock out our hall of fame QB.Β 

LIS earlier, you guys have the best winning percentage in the division against us (we are still up all time).Β 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounty_Bowl#Bounty_Bowl_I:_The_1989_Thanksgiving_Classic

Β 

On November 23, 1989, the Philadelphia Eagles defeated the Dallas Cowboys 27–0. Following the game, which was broadcast onΒ CBS, Cowboys head coachΒ Jimmy JohnsonΒ alleged that Ryan had taken out a bounty on two of the former's players, kicker Luis Zendejas and quarterbackΒ Troy Aikman

So he had no proof of this. Sound logic.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

directv-tony-romo-crownie-600.jpg

????

Or Aikmen?

... You dont know our history? O lawd child...Β 

Β 

On November 23, 1989, the Philadelphia Eagles defeated the Dallas Cowboys 27–0. Following the game, which was broadcast onΒ CBS, Cowboys head coachΒ Jimmy JohnsonΒ alleged that Ryan had taken out a bounty on two of the former's players, kicker Luis Zendejas and quarterbackΒ Troy Aikman:[3]

β€œ I have absolutely no respect for the way they played the game, I would have said something to Buddy, but he wouldn't stand on the field long enough. He put his big, fat rear end into the dressing room. ”

Ryan denied the bounty accusation, saying that film of the game "show that Small had no intention of hurting Zendejas."[4]Β The Philadelphia coach asserted it would have been in the Eagles' best interests to keep Zendejas in the game because he was in a slump.[4]Β Ryan also joked about Johnson's accusations:[4]

β€œ I resent that. I've been on a diet, I lost a couple of pounds, and I thought I was looking good. ”

When the Cowboys and Eagles met on Thanksgiving 25 years later, on November 27, 2014, Johnson joked that Ryan put up the bounty offer to keep his players interested since the Cowboys, who ultimately went 1-15, were so bad that year.[5]

Zendejas claimed that while he was with the Eagles, another player had received $100 for each of two hits on a punter[citation needed]Β and kicker.[6]Β This set of events set the stage for the scheduled rematch two weeks later in Philadelphia, dubbed "Bounty Bowl II."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounty_Bowl

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

MAybe this is were we are confusing eachother. I am simply referring to the one point of contention where you made a comment that this is bad because its been a public fight and I argued that Zeke and the NFLPA both want this.

1. We both agreed that he was most likely going to be suspended. I thought he had a slimmer of hope in Texas, but once that passed he had no chance.Β 

2. The fighting was futile in the sense he wasnt going to win. But it did have a purpose. Whether you think the purpose is dumb or not.

3. You being annoyed is personal. And your opinion this is a distraction is silly to me. I think ive at least partially disproved that.

4. I dont get that. Our ending schedule is easier than our beginning one.

5. Ive already said a million times, none of what I am arguing is from the perspective of the Cowboys. Simply the NFLPA and Zeke.Β 

----------------------------------------------

Β 

Again - I remember you stating something along the lines of "no one would agree with you that Zeke wants this to be in the public spotlight". Thats the only point I am saying im right on.Β 

Pretty sure that was Phire.