πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

29 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

aren't you a young boy from florida a fan of the team for that very reason?

Nope. My entire family is from Texas. Cowboys fans since the franchise started.

Plus, in Pensacola my mom owned a beauty saloon. The Smith family (Emmitt) were her clients. I knew his parents and sister.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I just read that the Eagles + Redskins + Giants fanbases combined is about the same as the Cowboys alone. Just thought that was interesting.Β 

Find that hard to believe, but then again they are one of those teams that has older bandwagons in every city, which led to the 2nd generation bandwagons at this point.

them, the packers, Steelers and raiders seem to be biggest historic out of market bandwagon fanbases that has somewhat morphed into actual fans. Pats are next for that probably.

Skins seem like they have to smallest of the 4, but I have no clue

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is such a dumb comment. We havent won ish ish in over 20 years.

Dont say dumb things.

Absolutely true. β€œAmerica’s Team success coupled with the 90s and you have generations of crotch riders. There are droves of 30-50 year old fans that leached on to Dallas as insecure kids and then didn’t have the fortitude or resolve to back their home town teams once they grew up.Β 

Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys, Duke is the Mount Rushmore of front running weiner fans.Β 

Anytime you live anywhere else and those are your favorite teams, it’s a complete indication of multiple character flaws. Can’t be friends with those people.Β 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Absolutely true. β€œAmerica’s Team success coupled with the 90s and you have generations of crotch riders. There are droves of 30-50 year old fans that leached on to Dallas as insecure kids and then didn’t have the fortitude or resolve to back their home town teams once they grew up.Β 

Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys, Duke is the Mount Rushmore of front running weiner fans.Β 

Anytime you live anywhere else and those are your favorite teams, it’s a complete indication of multiple character flaws. Can’t be friends with those people.Β 

There’s a whole new generation of these aforementioned wiener fans since a lot of theseΒ front running bozos have had kids and passed on their terrible team-rooting ways

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Find that hard to believe, but then again they are one of those teams that has older bandwagons in every city, which led to the 2nd generation bandwagons at this point.

them, the packers, Steelers and raiders seem to be biggest historic out of market bandwagon fanbases that has somewhat morphed into actual fans. Pats are next for that probably.

Skins seem like they have to smallest of the 4, but I have no clue

Β 

2 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Meant band wagoners from the 90sΒ 

Β 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

You guys have a very, very loose definition of bandwagon. If you have been a fan of team for a decade +, with the mediocrity that weve had, you arent a front runner. You are just a fan of a crappy team.Β 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Β 

Β 

You guys have a very, very loose definition of bandwagon. If you have been a fan of team for a decade +, with the mediocrity that weve had, you arent a front runner. You are just a fan of a crappy team.Β 

It’s the basis of the fandom, it’s like if you have a kid and you raise them as your own and find out they weren’t yours.

or a philanthropist got his money from gold digging and killing an Old lady

no matter how much you endured and good work you put in, it’s inception was tainted and threatens the whole legitimacyΒ 

Β 

Might be biased, because PA Dallas bandwagonΒ fans are just trolly people my choice or by birthright

Β 

Β 

It’s not loose. If, as a burgeoning fan, you for some reason go against the team that represents your region, and you take up a historically,Β ridiculously successful team or the current top team, you are a bandwagon fan...

...and should have been stomped out as a baby.Β 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

It’s not loose. If, as a burgeoning fan, you for some reason go against the team that represents your region, and you take up a historically,Β ridiculously successful team or the current top team, you are a bandwagon fan...

...and should have been stomped out as a baby.Β 

The last two girls I have dated have had Eagles fans in their family. So maybe killing them as children would have been preferred.Β 

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I just read that the Eagles + Redskins + Giants fanbases combined is about the same as the Cowboys alone. Just thought that was interesting.Β 

Can't imagine being one of those fans over the last 22 years? Almost feel sorry for them, almost. At least the Giants and Eagles have had success during that span.

Builds Character I guess!

But hey at least You all have Jerry World to go to! πŸ‘ Redskins don't even have that.

Edited by Nabbs4u

54 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can't imagine being one of those fans over the last 22 years? Almost feel sorry for them, almost. At least the Giants and Eagles have had success during that span.

Builds Character I guess!

But hey at least You all have Jerry World to go to! πŸ‘ Redskins don't even have that.

You hade 50+ years to imagine it. Dont be daft.

You hade 50+ years to imagine it. Dont be daft.

Well on your way to doing the same! 🍺

Wasn't just talking SB Wins but actual playoff success. Something Dallas knows nothing about the past two decades. Eagles-Giants do.

Sounds like a lot of miserable fans is all I'm saying since there are supposedly so many.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Generally bandwagon fans are also fair weather fans. They identify as a fan of ____ because they saw their success and wanted in, but when they couldn't care less about ___ when they are struggling. I have no doubt that there is a size-able chunk of the populationΒ that identify as Cowboys fans due to that 90s dynasty, enough so that those fans could outnumber rest of NFC, and that's all these polls ask, who are you a fan of? However,Β I am certain that the ratio betweenΒ hardcore Cowboys fans andΒ hardcore Eagles fans at the momentΒ is far smaller, if not actually in the Eagles's favor, than the ratio between people who say "I root forΒ the Cowboys" and people who say "I root for the Eagles."Β 

Β 

That being said, even if it's true, Cowboys fanbase is essentially 3x the size of ours... Who cares? It obviously doesn't show in the stands, which is all that really matters. For the reasons above I just don't buy it at face value, but if it's true, it is what it is. Would only concern me if Cowboys fans flooded road games or had some crazy HFA.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss