πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Okay, lol.Β 

Mailata > Leno
Isaac > Whoever your LG is
Kelce > Chase
Brooks > Scherff (Brooks was #1 OG in the NFL last time he played more than 3 games)
Lane > Cosmi (who should be a OG, not a RT)

And as an added bonus Goedert > Logan

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

Mailata > Leno
Isaac > Whoever your LG is
Kelce > Chase
Brooks > Scherff (Brooks was #1 OG in the NFL last time he played more than 3 games)
Lane > Cosmi (who should be a OG, not a RT)

I did say you were the better line, if you'll comprehend what you read. To add though, let your left side really prove it first. That'll be interesting to see. I won't argue Lane or Kelce. Brooks will bounce back, but it's not like Scherff is in the rear view mirror. As a unit, Washington really isn't that far behind though. Your argument of bouncing back is the same one I have for Dallas. They'll be good again too.Β 

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I did say you were the better line, if you'll comprehend what you read. To add though, let your left side really prove it first. That'll be interesting to see. I won't argue Lane or Kelce. Brooks will bounce back, but it's not like Scherff is in the rear view mirror. As a unit, Washington really isn't that far behind though. Your argument of bouncing back is the same one I have for Dallas. They'll be good again too.Β 

Tyron Smith been declining for 3 or 4 years. Still solid/good in pass pro, but he's no longer a factor in the run game.
Connor Williams is average
Tyler Biadasz is average
Zack Martin is a studΒ 
Collins is average

compared to:

Mailata - Average
Isaac - Average
Kelce - top 5 at his position
Brooks - top 5 at his position
Lane - Top 5 at his position

On paper, and assuming 100% health across the board, we have the best OL. And if not the best, we're still clearly in a different zipcode than Washington and NYG.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

Lmao at you calling somebody else a homer. That's rich.

weird dig as I am much less inclined to sunshine pump than this group. Its really not a big deal, you all will change your tune in a month or so I imagine.Β 

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

None of this range crap and I see @HTTRDynastyis being a coward.

Saying a range is not crap, its a realistic way to look at NFL teams. NFL = any given Sunday. I think the Cowboys and WFT both have the potential to beat 10 team; perhaps +/- a couple games pending injuries and what not. I think the Cowboys and WFT, on paper, have the chance to win ~5 more games than the Eagles.Β 

Β 

Or in this case, double. Because I personally think your team is one of the worst in the NFL. Which is fine it happens to all of us eventually. Now is your time to stink!

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Did I say our OL is good enough to carry us?

You listed it as if it was good enough to justify you all not being dog-poop.Β 

Did I say our defense is β€œdamn good”.

Yes, that was your exact words. Weird flex.Β 

My god for someone who literally just cried about reading comprehension you sure do struggle to read. Maybe learn to take your own advice? I said on paperΒ our OL is the best in the division and our DL was damn good.Β 
Β 
Peak irony right here my lord.Β 
Β 

You said your DL was damn good and your secondary was improved. Both of those are you being very optimistic.Β 

No lol. You either don’t know what you are talking about or your view of our makeshift line last year has you mistaken. We still have a pro bowlΒ center and RT. Seumalo was looking very solidΒ when he played last year at LG and is now established with a new extension.Β Mailata was dominant some games in his 3rd year playing football and every report coming from camp is he just getting better. Brandon Brooks has been out for a whileΒ but the last time he played he was an all pro.Β 
Β 

I promise you our OL, if healthy, is miles better than what Washington is putting out there. And yes it is better than Dallas’ OL which is not the same as it once was, even with Smith healthy.Β 

Its not like I am going to change your mind but look at the trend. 2020 you were ranked 19th and you projected to be 13th next year. Why is that? Because your line is getting way up there in age which in general is when people decline and retire; right?

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You listed it as if it was good enough to justify you all not being dog-poop.Β 

All I said was our OL was the best in the division on paper.... which is not some out there crazy person take. Looking at the players, their accomplishments and their history it is not a wild conclusion to come to.

Yes, that was your exact words. Weird flex.Β 

You are doubling down on garbage..... I never said our defense was damn good. Idk if you are just not able to read or what but if you literally read my post it say's our DLΒ isn't as good as Washington's but it is still damn good. I am not saying our DL is a top 5 unit or that Fletcher Cox is Aaron Donald. I am saying they are above average and will have a positive impact on games overall. MY GOD WHAT A CRAZY HOMER TAKE HOLY CRAP WOW.

You said your DL was damn good and your secondary was improved. Both of those are you being very optimistic.

Saying our secondary improved is...... optimistic? What are you even talking about. Did you see what we had opposite Slay last season at CB? What about our safety tandem, especially after McLeod got hurt? How is signing Nelson and Harris not an immediate upgrade on paper to what we had? Please explain this to me.

Its not like I am going to change your mind but look at the trend. 2020 you were ranked 19th and you projected to be 13th next year. Why is that? Because your line is getting way up there in age which in general is when people decline and retire; right?

Ya, ranked 19th in 2020.... The fact that you are using this in any argument with what happened to our OL last season is nothing short of comical. Either you are completely misinformed or grasping at straws. With the amount of starts we had by third string offensive lineman last season, the fact that PFF(whose rankings are questionable at best regardless) ranked our OL 19th speaks to how deep and talented our OL really is.

From your very own PFF that you got your OL rankings from, "The Eagles could rank anywhere by the end of the season, but if their veterans stay healthy and avoid declines, this has the potential to be one of the best offensive lines in the league once again"

Wow, it's almost like this is my entire point! Holy crap! What a freaking homer!!!!!

Lane Johnson is 31. Kelce is 33. Brooks is also 31. The left side of our line is young so there is no point in even discussing it.

Zack Martin is 30. Tyron Smith is 30. We really wanna use the age argument when talking about declining OL play? Are you trying to split hairs and say the one year separating our respective teams best Tackle and Guard is just the entire difference in 2021? And yes, Kelce is getting older, but 33 is hardly ancient for an offensive lineman who just made the pro bowl.Β 

I get you want to just believe everything about the Eagles is terrible and there is no hope for this team in any way. You really want to think we are going to be bad for decades cause we had a bad year. Reality is, this team can compete in the trash NFC East regardless of if you like it or not. Ya, we need a few more things to go right for it to happen and we are certainly not the favorites, but this team isn't the 2008 Lions.

Eagles fans: The NFCE is bad and the Eagles will have a chance to compete if they play well.

Redskins and Cowboys fans: NO NO NO YOU CAN'T YOU CAN'T YOU ARE BAD.

Eagles fans: Ya, so are you.....

Redskins and Cowboys fans: NO YOU REALLY DON'T GET IT YOU ARE SUCH A HOMER YOU CAN'T

ok.......

18 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Eagles fans: The NFCE is bad and the Eagles will have a chance to compete if they play well.

Redskins and Cowboys fans: NO NO NO YOU CAN'T YOU CAN'T YOU ARE BAD.

Redskins and Cowboys fans: NO YOU REALLY DON'T GET IT YOU ARE SUCH A HOMER YOU CAN'T

ok.......

This exact post here is a beautiful microcosm of how myopic Eagles fans are. You are such a homer you cant get out of you own head and read what we are actually saying.Β 

Β 

Ill address your other post in a bit. But seriously you might want to attempt to reread this thread with fresh eyes.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

This exact post here is a beautiful microcosm of how myopic Eagles fans are. You are such a homer you cant get out of you own head and read what we are actually saying.Β 

Β 

Ill address your other post in a bit. But seriously you might want to attempt to reread this thread with fresh eyes.

So if that isn't what you are saying, you agree the Eagles can compete in a weak NFC East if they play well?

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

So if that isn't what you are saying, you agree the Eagles can compete in a weak NFC East if they play well?

Im saying the rest of the NFC E is no where near as bad as the Eagles and you guys will only complete in the following scenario:

1. You guys are crazy healthy

2. The rest of us are crazy unhealthy

3. Hurts turns into a probowl caliber QB

Β 

Ill fix your other post to reflect it more accurately:

Rest of the NFL: The NFCE might not be a powerhouse, but you guys are especially pitiful.Β 

Rest of the NFL: Do you remember the 2016 season, specifically the AFC S? The 2021 NFC E is basically the 2016 AFC S. And the Eagles are the Jags.Β 

Β 

Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Im saying the rest of the NFC E is no where near as bad as the Eagles and you guys will only complete in the following scenario:

1. You guys are crazy healthy

2. The rest of us are crazy unhealthy

3. Hurts turns into a probowl caliber QB

Β 

Ill fix your other post to reflect it more accurately:

Β 

Ok so I'm a homer for saying it's possible my team can compete in the division....Β And you aren't for predicting the division whose best team went 7-9 and only made the playoffs cause we threw a game in week 17 is all of a sudden going to be good.Β 

LMAOOOO.Β 

Absolute comedy routine.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ok so I'm a homer for saying it's possible my team can compete in the division.... \

THANK YOU!Β 

Finally you are understanding.Β 

And you aren't for predicting the division whose best team went 7-9 and only made the playoffs cause we threw a game in week 17 is all of a sudden going to be good.Β 

1. They didnt win the division because you threw the game. They won because they were the best team, you guys being cowards only helped slightly.Β 

2. Our division was horrific because of injures and QB plays tied with no offseason and 3 new coaches.Β 

LMAOOOO.Β 

Absolute comedy routine.

The Eagles are. I am glad you can laugh though.Β 

You guys are in the same camp as the Texans/Jags/Lions/Jets (2-4 win teams)... Maybe in the tier of Broncos/Falcons/Panthers/Bengals (4-6 win teams).Β 

Β 

Literally no who isnt an Eagles homer thinks they will win the division. So the fact that you think you will compete to win it, based on the rosters and what we know today, is the textbook definition of delusional.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Β 

Sidenote - some of you are really ridiculous in taking so much offense to this. In the ~15-20 years on this site have I ever predicted the Eagles to be one of the worst teams in the NFL? I dont remember doing it. I pretty much pencil you guys in to contend for the division every year.Β 

Β 

Except this year. I look at your team and my first thoughts are "holy crap that team looks really bad" followed by a huge smile.

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

THANK YOU!Β 

Finally you are understanding.Β 

1. They didnt win the division because you threw the game. They won because they were the best team, you guys being cowards only helped slightly.Β 

2. Our division was horrific because of injures and QB plays tied with no offseason and 3 new coaches.Β 

The Eagles are. I am glad you can laugh though.Β 

1. They literally won the division because we gave up in the last game of the season.Β 

2. Yes there was a lot of injuries in the NFC East. Guess which other team was also completely wrecked by injuries and underperformed(in part) because of it... oh that's right the Eagles.Β 

3. The QB play in the NFC East is still not going to be good. Dak is of course the best QB in the division. If you really think Ryan Fitzpatrick makes Washington significantly better... idk what to tell you.

4. All four teams in the East still have glaring issues. Of course, it could be better, but as it stands now it will be the worst division in football. I do agree the records of the teams will in general be better.

5. I picked the Eagles to finish last. I never said they would win the division. I said they can compete if things go well.

6. You calling me a homer is literally the pot calling the kettle black. But there is absolutely nothing new there.

Β