🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

lol in what world does that make sense? Decades? So, by that logic unproven means bad for years and routine average-ness means what exactly? Dynasties? We have the only wildcard. You guys just have a BB wannabe without the talent or pedigree and 2 recycleables that almost never work. The Eagles are the worst team in the division currently, no argument but what really are the other teams banking on? We seen what happens to Dallas without Dak, who’s already banged up. Jones hasn’t proven to be a QB worth of anything yet and Wash is banking on effing Fitz. Dallas is driving the division still, I’d admit. But to say, especially with that D, they are a lock is not a good bet. The East is definitively up in the air. None of these coaches have done anything of note outside of McCarthy who had maybe the 2nd best QB of our generation. And their current QBs have done squat. So, in its current form everyone has unproven coaches and unproven QBs. Everyone is paddling the same current, imo. All have a ton to prove. But mostly all different levels of trash. 

Bets on whether or not he says he was joking and that because you responded you are overreacting/taking it too serious?

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

lol in what world does that make sense? Decades? So, by that logic unproven means bad for years and routine average-ness means what exactly? Dynasties?

Did you completely miss the word "could" in my statement? Being unproven doesnt automatically make you good or bad. Being unproven is simply that - unproven. 

Also, the NFL is built so that dynasties are exceedingly rare. The sport is based around a bunch of "average-ness". 

We have the only wildcard. You guys just have a BB wannabe without the talent or pedigree and 2 recycleables that almost never work. The Eagles are the worst team in the division currently, no argument but what really are the other teams banking on?

Better and more proven rosters. Thats the point of calling you Eagles fans myopic. You keep trying to downplay our teams because your team is really bad. To your very valid point - we could all be absolutely terrible again in 2021. But right now, its just you guys on paper. 

We seen what happens to Dallas without Dak, who’s already banged up. Jones hasn’t proven to be a QB worth of anything yet and Wash is banking on effing Fitz. Dallas is driving the division still, I’d admit. But to say, especially with that D, they are a lock is not a good bet. The East is definitively up in the air. None of these coaches have done anything of note outside of McCarthy who had maybe the 2nd best QB of our generation. And their current QBs have done squat. So, in its current form everyone has unproven coaches and unproven QBs. Everyone is paddling the same current, imo. All have a ton to prove. But mostly all different levels of trash. 

You managed to say all of the following:

All the teams are in the same position ("same current") - yet you guys are a wildcard and the rest of us have major flaws.

All the QBs are "unproven" - yet Dallas will be screwed without Dak, whom you also listed as injured and "doing squat"

The division is "up in the air" - yet Dallas should win

McCarthy is a superbowl winner, Riveria is a superbowl coach - yet that is a bad thing.

Thats double speak hasnt been seen around here since......... last season!

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Yall are funny. But I have to agree with the Giants/Skins fans here that the Eagles are, in fact, the worst team in the division. And with an unproven coach/QB theres no solid outlook. You guys could be trash for decades.

Eh, can't see it and I'm trying to take bias out of it.
It'd certainly be our time to suck after being the only team that was good most of the last 20 years.

Hurts sinks us for sure, and probably will continue to until we move on.
Like the guy...but the player needs to be way better.

But we'll have a good cap space and have potentially 3 1sts next year...it's not like we're going to be searching forever for a QB. Things can be good pretty fast here, especially if Sirianni translates to the games well (adjustments, playcalling, building the scheme, putting players in the place to succeed, pushing the staff to be better). Remains to be seen...But so far been pretty happy with him. It's not like he has a lot to prove to move up that NFCE coaching tier list. Riverboat Ron is the only one that would take a couple of pretty good years to be perceived at a higher level than. He's already past Judge really, a couple wins would seal it if we are being fair. And whereas the Eagles can get their QB next year, Giants are 2/3 years from getting theirs. Washington might also have to wait if they live up to the best of the rest, middle of the pack billing they seem destined for without a QB and get shut out in the QB race next year. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Did you completely miss the word "could" in my statement? Being unproven doesnt automatically make you good or bad. Being unproven is simply that - unproven. 

Also, the NFL is built so that dynasties are exceedingly rare. The sport is based around a bunch of "average-ness". 

Better and more proven rosters. Thats the point of calling you Eagles fans myopic. You keep trying to downplay our teams because your team is really bad. To your very valid point - we could all be absolutely terrible again in 2021. But right now, its just you guys on paper. 

All the teams are in the same position ("same current") - yet you guys are a wildcard and the rest of us have major flaws.

All the QBs are "unproven" - yet Dallas will be screwed without Dak, whom you also listed as injured and "doing squat"

McCarthy is a superbowl winner, Riveria is a superbowl coach - yet that is a bad thing.

The Cowboys could be the worst team in the division for the next 100 years. 

I could be an NFL player next season.

Jalen Hurts could be the next Tom Brady. 

These statements are all thing I can say could happen. It doesn’t make them any less moronic. So do you have evidence to support the statement the Eagles could be trash for the next 20+ years. Do you personally know what 3 year olds the Eagles are scouting to be their QB in 20 years? 

Or can we just admit it was an absolutely ridiculous thing to say and is not based in any kind of reality. 

Also, yes the Eagles are good enough to compete with any team in the East as long as they are healthy and get decent QB play. We are far from the favorites, but this is a team that has good players, especially in the trenches.

Also, the NFC East is still trash. It won’t be as trash, but it’s still trash. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

He's already past Judge really, a couple wins would seal it if we are being fair. And whereas the Eagles can get their QB next year, Giants are 2/3 years from getting theirs. 

How are you being fair and saying he is already past Judge? Judge came in 2nd place and was 4-2 in this division and had  a way better introduction press conference. 

If Daniel Jones is the QB you and the Eagle fans seem to think he is, why would it take us 2/3 years to replace him? The Giants have multiple 1st round and 3rd round in next year draft to get their QB.

40 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

These statements are all thing I can say could happen. It doesn’t make them any less moronic. So do you have evidence to support the statement the Eagles could be trash for the next 20+ years. Do you personally know what 3 year olds the Eagles are scouting to be their QB in 20 years? 

I already did give my reasoning: "And with an unproven coach/QB theres no solid outlook. "

Or can we just admit it was an absolutely ridiculous thing to say and is not based in any kind of reality. 

Ridiculous? Look around the NFL. Half the teams havent won a single playoff game in 5 years, another 1/3 of the league has gone a decade without winning a playoff game. With the Bucs and Bills winning a playoff game last year, maybe its not a third any more, but my point still stands.

Also, yes the Eagles are good enough to compete with any team in the East as long as they are healthy and get decent QB play. We are far from the favorites, but this is a team that has good players, especially in the trenches

This is that delusion I was referencing earlier. The Eagles, on paper, are good enough to win ~3-5 games. But it is the NFL, so who knows. Maybe you wont suffer injuries and Hurts gives you decent QB play. Even with that, you still need the rest of the East to collapse. 

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Eh, can't see it and I'm trying to take bias out of it.
It'd certainly be our time to suck after being the only team that was good most of the last 20 years.

Hurts sinks us for sure, and probably will continue to until we move on.
Like the guy...but the player needs to be way better.

But we'll have a good cap space and have potentially 3 1sts next year...it's not like we're going to be searching forever for a QB. Things can be good pretty fast here, especially if Sirianni translates to the games well (adjustments, playcalling, building the scheme, putting players in the place to succeed, pushing the staff to be better). Remains to be seen...But so far been pretty happy with him. It's not like he has a lot to prove to move up that NFCE coaching tier list. Riverboat Ron is the only one that would take a couple of pretty good years to be perceived at a higher level than.

I dont normally disagree with you, but you have also fallen prey to the offseason hype train. 

1. You do have resources, but finding a QB is hard. Its not uncommon at all for teams to have to try many times to land a quality one.

2. Sirianni is a young, unproven dude. We have no evidence of anything yet, but to say he is even in the ballpark of the other guys is a bit of a stretch. All 3 have a better track record (obviously) and 2 of them have made the big dance. The guy has not even called plays before. 

3. Your roster is still older and injury prone. Pretty much all of your younger players are unproven or have question marks. I follow your team pretty closely and I struggle trying to think about many players on the Eagles under 30 that are probowl/all-pro caliber. 

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

He's already past Judge really, a couple wins would seal it if we are being fair. And whereas the Eagles can get their QB next year, Giants are 2/3 years from getting theirs. Washington might also have to wait if they live up to the best of the rest, middle of the pack billing they seem destined for without a QB and get shut out in the QB race next year. 

In conclusion: 

• Nick is not past Judge
  • Eagles "can" get their QB next year, but the statistical likelihood that they do is pretty damn low. A high percentage of QBs bust (50%?) and even more never become franchise QBs (<20%?).
  • There is nothing that suggest the Giants are 2-3 years away from a QB. If Jones and Hurts each have an equally mediocre year, I would assume that Giants start the search sooner than you guys. Hurts only has to be mediocre for you all to not draft a QB in round 1.
  • Washington is probably leaving trash-hell and moving into average-purgatory. Fitzy is good enough to get them to the playoffs with that roster, but I doubt he becomes a playoff powerhouse at nearly 40. He will push them to 8-10 wins until he retires, imo. 

Nothing is certain in the NFC East. There is so much mystery and unknown

besides the Cowboys underwhelming lofty expectations, Matts excusing the issues away and then like goldfish in a bowl he’s back here next offseason pounding his chest like they’ve done anything noteworthy this century. 

It’s a good point that the Eagles don’t have any young All Pro, or even Pro Bowl, caliber players (besides maybe Goedert), and it’s a point I was going to bring up myself. 

It’s a bad combination to have the worst QB in the division, the worst coach in the division, the worst roster in the division, and the oldest good starters in the division. 

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

“Could”. What a great way to make a statement and be able to totally reverse course. Why say anything at all then?

Being unproven means we really have no idea what to expect. However, we “could” be a playoff team this year. But   our “could”, according to you, is decades of futileness? It was a rival’s spin on the situation and you know it. It’s fine but own it. This is dumb to argue. If you really think that then make a statement we can debate. Don’t muck it up by throwing in retractors. 

When I mentioned dynasties I was being flippant. Thought you’d pick that up. Like us being unknowns make us bad, while you guys having being average for a while makes you dynasties or something? How can anyone predict the future based on the past or even current forms. I guess that’s the fun of the off-season. Admittedly, over and over, we’re pulling up the rear and have the most to prove though. 

I don’t think calling your own team trash is being myopic. Everyone on this forum doesn’t expect much this year. I think even the most optimistic is saying 8-9 wins. Someone can call me out if I’m wrong on that. We know what we have here; some good older veterans, a few promising young guys, a complete question at QB, a few guys looking to make the next step and some fill-in vets. Nobody is pounding their chest. We’re all just looking towards the next year or two, which can turn on a dime with the success or failures of a few guys. But to your point, “better and proven rosters” I think is laughable. What in the hell has anyone done in the East of note? Crash and burn expectations and a bunch of mediocrity. When someone tells me we have decades of bad to look forward to and then tells me juggernauts like Dallas, Wash and NY are my competition, I find that ridiculous. The East is pretty bad.  No one has a leg up on anyone. 

“All the teams are in the same position ("same current") - yet you guys are a wildcard and the rest of us have major flaws.”

“Same current” as we all have major flaws to overcome this year. We ARE the wildcard. If Hurts plays well, we‘ll be good. If not, we’re bad. But we have no idea. Dallas offense is good. Defense is bad. No surprises there. Giants are improving but Jones looks to be a middling QB so far. They’ve done nothing to hang a hat on. Wash has a nice roster but a proven loser at QB. Any thing I said false? I didn’t say we didn’t have flaws. I said we’re trash in current form. I’ve laid that out clearly. 

My statements are my opinions. But I actually own them so we can debate it if you like. Dallas has a pivotal year on its hands in my opinion. McCarthy was  a bad hire. Retreads rarely strike gold twice. And it’s not like the guy made chicken salad out of chicken ****. He had Rodgers. You’d have to be some kind of a savant to be able to win with Rodgers. I’d be worried about Dak’s health. Off-seasons like that tend to linger into the season. And reiterated, the defense is bad. Until Jones figures it out, I’m not worried about them. I like their D, but Jones and Saquon are a real question marks for me. Both don’t have good track records. Wash has the most complete roster, imo but they have a major flaw in the most important position. And until that works itself out, I can’t consider them a viable threat week in and out. 

We all have major flaws. That’s all I said. “On paper” too. 

Those positional unit rankings I and maybe some others (?) did a while back kind of proved how even this division is ON PAPER. Since that is exactly what we are talking about here, paper. I think Dallas and WAS fans have had such a long stretch of irrelevance and dysfunction that just hearing that they might be okay on paper is enough to argue tooth and nail about. It's hilarious. 

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We did too when you think about it....

Huge difference between a.) passing on a player at your pick and b.) not being willing to shell out the significant amount of draft capital it would take to trade up 10+ picks in the 1st round to get a player.

6 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

How are you being fair and saying he is already past Judge? Judge came in 2nd place and was 4-2 in this division and had  a way better introduction press conference. 

If Daniel Jones is the QB you and the Eagle fans seem to think he is, why would it take us 2/3 years to replace him? The Giants have multiple 1st round and 3rd round in next year draft to get their QB.

To be fair is waiting for him to actually coach games and get wins. In terms of them one the field and how they are going about coaching up their team I think it’s clear Sirianni has more to offer. Wether or not he has the goods remains to be seen.

Because the Giants will likely hold on to him for another year, could be 3 if they pick up his option. Judge probably will stick around for more than just this year, the Giants aren’t too trigger happy on firing. So you guys actually winning anything is potentially the furthest out, unless the rest of the division lowers the bar again. But it’ll be hard to top how bad Carson and Doug were last year, Washington’s first year starting to gel and a Dakless Cowboys team. 

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

To be fair is waiting for him to actually coach games and get wins. In terms of them one the field and how they are going about coaching up their team I think it’s clear Sirianni has more to offer. Wether or not he has the goods remains to be seen.

Because the Giants will likely hold on to him for another year, could be 3 if they pick up his option. Judge probably will stick around for more than just this year, the Giants aren’t too trigger happy on firing. So you guys actually winning anything is potentially the furthest out, unless the rest of the division lowers the bar again. But it’ll be hard to top how bad Carson and Doug were last year, Washington’s first year starting to gel and a Dakless Cowboys team. 

Can you stop the to be fair, when nothing your saying is actually fair. What is Sirianni bringing to the table that is making him a better coach than Judge. You want to say Judge is bad coach that is fine, you still have no idea if your coach is good or not. You can have hope that he is a good coach but you have nothing solid, sorry you will have to wait till they start playing some regular season games first, if your going to be truly fair.

If Daniel Jones stinks it up why would we wait a year? If he stinks it up and the Giants suck there is a decent chance that we will get a new GM and a new GM usually want their own QB. Us winning anything is potentially the furthest?!  No team in the NFC East clearly outclasses the Giants. I'll give the WFT their due in they have the best overall team, but we still swept them last year. We were one Engram catch from sweeping the Eagles. So no the division does have to take a step back for the Giants to win it, when the Giants nearly won it last season.

Edited by Go_Giants