πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, ACO said:

I think most can admit (even with the level of competition) that Dak has improved since the first half of last season. He has been playing well for a while now and honestly he kept that playoff loss to the Rams as close as it was. That said it is week 2. We all know how this league is.Β 

It is still very much a two team race in this division and quite honestly in the NFC don't currently see much threats to the Eagles and Cowboys.Β 

Wentz played out his mind that second half but the Falcons proved that starting slow can come to bit you. All his heroics were for nothing. (How doΒ you drop that?!!)

How are the Rams not the favorites in the NFC?

Pretty much as I thought. He slobbed Daks knob. My favorite line though:

"This has never been Zekes team. Its always been Daks team".Β 

-------------------------------------------------------------

More comments from another segment:

"If you dont think highly of Dak youre just a hater"

Jennings "I buy into everything about Dak"; "Were seeing Dak make everyone else better on that team"

Edited by Matts4313

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Pretty much as I thought. He slobbed Daks knob. My favorite line though:

"This has never been Zekes team. Its always been Daks team".Β 

-------------------------------------------------------------

More comments from another segment:

"If you dont think highly of Dak youre just a hater"

Jennings "I buy into everything about Dak"; "Were seeing Dak make everyone else better on that team"

Him, Skip, Stephen A....they all become more enjoyable when you appreciate the takes and don’t get so caught up in what they are sayingΒ 

7 minutes ago, Gmen said:

How have Landon Collins and Ereck Flowers looked in DC?Β 

I only watched Week 1.Β  Flowers actually held up in pass protection but we haven't been able to get much of a running game going.Β  Collins is what he is, a Safety.Β  Its hard for a Safety to impact the game very much, which is why he is seriously overpaid.Β Β 

@Art_Vandalay

Cowherd: "I think Dak is a top 10 QB"

Tony Gonzales: "Absolutely"

And there it is. My point is finally made. Using a hot take artist as the crux of your argument is foolish.Β 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its much less fun in here today after that bloodbath last night. I feel cant even gloat without feeling bad about it. Sigh, damn you eagles.Β 

21 minutes ago, Gmen said:

It’s a shame that between the ineptitude in DC and NY, and the injuries in Philadelphia, that Dallas is poised to walk into the playoffs. It’s early, I know.Β 

it's early..but injuries aside...it's all happened as I thought it'd go.

Cowboys would look really good...had the health and the easy part of their schedule in september...which is even more the case now with Brees out..

Redskins would show flashes of good play, but their swiss cheese roster building of having really good players in some spots, and fairly bad players and others, would cost them wins.

Giants being a team devoid of talent aside from Saquon. With some ok-ish people making a play here or there. But ultimately being far from doing anything.

Eagles would start slow, with a bunch of key pieces coming off surgeries and injuries last year. Barely playing in the preseason.Β But roster talent would keep them in games.Β 
Likely losing to the Falcons, check...and the Packers on a short week.Β 

Β 

I'm fairly confident that if all things stay the same, and the Eagles injuries aren't too bad. That we will finish strong again, fairly easy schedule to end the year reinforces that.
And it'll be a fight for the division still, but at the very least both making the playoffs.

But hard to say with the current injuries and recoveries. Wentz was out there killing himself last night to win after a bad (potentially injured?) first half. Team just let him down.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

it's early..but injuries aside...it's all happened as I thought it'd go.

Cowboys would look really good...had the health and the easy part of their schedule in september...which is even more the case now with Brees out..

Redskins would show flashes of good play, but their swiss cheese roster building of having really good players in some spots, and fairly bad players and others, would cost them wins.

Giants being a team devoid of talent aside from Saquon. With some ok-ish people making a play here or there. But ultimately being far from doing anything.

Eagles would start slow, with a bunch of key pieces coming off surgeries and injuries last year. Barely playing in the preseason.Β But roster talent would keep them in games.Β 
Likely losing to the Falcons, check...and the Packers on a short week.Β 

Β 

I'm fairly confident that if all things stay the same, and the Eagles injuries aren't too bad. That we will finish strong again, fairly easy schedule to end the year reinforces that.
And it'll be a fight for the division still, but at the very least both making the playoffs.

But hard to say with the current injuries and recoveries. Wentz was out there killing himself last night to win after a bad (potentially injured?) first half. Team just let him down.

Wentz has shown he is as tough as they come. He is equally as talented at the position. BUT, and this is a big but, if he continues to play with such reckless abandon he will end up more like Andrew Luck than Tom Brady. No doubt he was playing with, at the very least bruised ribs, if not cracked or broken last night. The whole cameo of Josh McCownΒ was so the pain injection they gave Wentz could take affect, let's not have any disillusions about that.

He has to learn that sometimes you throw the ball away to play another day. That is not in his vocabulary and it is going to get him killed out there.

So with that said, I would not be willing to bet one way or the other what Philly's chances are of winning the division or advancing in the playoffs. It's early, no doubt, but if Wentz is already taking pain killers by week 2, the next 14 weeks aren't going to be fun. Just ask Romo.