🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

19 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Do the Giants go same route, or look to somebody like Rhule?

Who’s safe that’s still out there? 
Marvin Lewis? Though I’m not sure he counts given how lackluster his long tenure was.

Rhule seems like he might be the guy, but the Panthers might get him before the make a decision...he’s down there now I think.

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Marvin Lewis? Though I’m not sure he counts given how lackluster his long tenure was.

Rhule seems like he might be the guy, but the Panthers might get him before the make a decision...he’s down there now I think.

Jason Garrett, lol.  

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Should be interesting wonder which direction he'll go with the Defense. Kris Richard is interviewing other places...Girls headed back to a 3-4? 

Richard needs to be gone. He sucks. 

Who MM brings on as DC will be key to me. Apparently he loves Moore and has decided to keep him as OC.

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

McCarthy is better than Garrett, but they didn’t knock this one out of the park by any means. 

It’s a solid hire. That said, I wonder if the same issues that GB had pop up after a while? Cowboys fans seem to think their roster is ready for a SB run now(I don’t see it), and this hire kinda says that is what they want. Time for them to fork out the big bucks to their guys and see how good that roster really is. 

GB's issue was Rodgers and McCarthy couldnt get along.

2 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

McCarthy feels like the type of hire that just keeps the status quo going. Don't really see him as the spark that finally puts D over over the top. Solid hire no doubt but is he so much of an upgrade over JG that it worries me? Not really. TBH what Wash has done with Rivera and JDR is the kind of coaching change that can turn a franchise around. But as long as Snyder and Jerruh are around and meddling in affairs they'll continue to undermine their hires.

Giants need to move their ****** and hire someone. I would have loved to have the Rivera/JDR combo in NY ¬¬

McCarthy is better than Rivera. Ron is Jason Garrett 2.0. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I agree, a lot has been touted already that McCarthy is a playoff winner...but like how many of those were purely on Rodgers doing crazy Rodgers things? He’s a solid coach but he got fired because he got lazy and vanilla.

Rivera/JDR will be tough. But we probably won’t have to deal with it for long. JDR has had a good history as a DC and will have some crazy talent with what they have + Chase Young. He’ll probably get hired away for his another HC chance soon. Biggest thing is who they get for OC and QB coach. And how they mold Haskins. Cause if he’s not it, then they’ll just be an annoying speed bump in the division and locked into that 8-8 zone again.

Curious who you guys get

Thats not what he got fired. He got fired because he and Rodgers couldnt get along. A lot of reports that Arod changed most the plays just to spite McCarthy. One article said Arod hate MM because MM passed over him in the draft (9ers #1). Said from that point on he despised MM. 

The biggest knock I see from Packers fans is that MM held on to Capers for way too long. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats not what he got fired. He got fired because he and Rodgers couldnt get along. A lot of reports that Arod changed most the plays just to spite McCarthy. One article said Arod hate MM because MM passed over him in the draft (9ers #1). Said from that point on he despised MM. 

The biggest knock I see from Packers fans is that MM held on to Capers for way too long

The Cowboys legion is experts of spin and revisionist history. Werder just made it sound like he was the 3rd best coach in the history of the league behind Lombardi and Belichick.

He’s fine...let’s not build him up too much.

He failed to address things and change. Look what happened when they fired him...they finally developed a running game and a defense. He’s status quo. 

I'm sure he will usher in a new golden age in Dallas by replacing the last status quo offensive coach.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The Cowboys legion is experts of spin and revisionist history. Werder just made it sound like he was the 3rd best coach in the history of the league behind Lombardi and Belichick.

He’s fine...let’s not build him up too much.

He failed to address things and change. Look what happened when they fired him...they finally developed a running game and a defense. He’s status quo. 

I'm sure he will usher in a new golden age in Dallas by replacing the last status quo offensive coach.

Read below. Articles from when he left the Packers. Pointing specifically to the feud he had with Rodgers (which was common knowledge) being the leading issue in Greenbay. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

46 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Neither McCarthy nor Rivera really “knock it out the park”, given they’re both recently fired, but both teams undoubtedly just upgraded at HC and took the 2 safest candidates as far as I can tell. Any splash hire would also entail a good deal of risk.

Do the Giants go same route, or look to somebody like Rhule?

If I'm the Giants. It's either Rhule or Bieneamy.

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Read below. Articles from when he left the Packers. Pointing specifically to the feud he had with Rodgers (which was common knowledge) being the leading issue in Greenbay. 

So he can’t handle personalities? Sounds like a step down from Jason. 

as for the other one, never said he was conservative...just unimaginative and vanilla. Making him into some genius who was held back by Rodgers is hilarious fictionalization of history. They only won most of those games because Rodgers said screw it and won it by himself.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Multiple coaches and players all shat on Rodgers for his diva attitude. He isnt going to have that problem with Dak.

as for the other one, never said he was conservative...just unimaginative and vanilla.

Thats not what I wanted you to look at. It was the article below that graph. I should have specified, my B. 

Making him into some genius who was held back by Rodgers is hilarious fictionalization of history. They only won most of those games because Rodgers said screw it and won it by himself.

Im not saying he was held back by Rodgers. I am saying thats why he was fired. His offense was top 10 almost every year, so the two did something right. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Garrett and Marvin are safe hires to me, in that they’ve had repeated “success” in their career (which obviously I am defining as merely reaching the playoffs). You know what you’re getting, you’re sticking well within the NFL coaching frat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Multiple coaches and players all shat on Rodgers for his diva attitude. He isnt going to have that problem with Dak

I’ll agree there, he’s the opposite of Rodgers. Dak should be a pure showing of what McCarthy wants. He’s about as company man as a QB gets.

Remains to be seen really what his offense looks like without without two of the best improvisational QBs (Favre then Rodgers) the league has had. 

edit: by that I mean that they seemingly made it better because all the other parts they didn’t touch...kinda sucked for a decade 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:
2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ron is Jason Garrett 2.0. 

I don't see this comparison at all. They are nothing alike frankly.

Sorry but their records the past 10 years suggests otherwise. Damn near identical before Rivera was fired. One just Claps the other Scowls.