🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

54 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He’d actually have to play in a game that matters to make that claim....

Aren’t the Dak led Cowboys the only #1 seed to fail to make it to the conference championship game since 2008 or something? Lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He’d actually have to play in a game that matters to make that claim....

Are you once again confusing our two QBs? You have a habit of doing this. Wentz is the one thats never played in an important game. Dak is the one thats played equal to or better than Rodgers, Wilson and Goff in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m surprised you’re not that surprised it’s so close when combining it all. 

McNabb: 85 TDs 11,719 yds 31 wins 

Dak: 85 TDs 11,820 yds 32 wins 

It’s creepily 100 yds and a win that separate them. 

McNabb was far more the dual threat for sure in his younger years. And passing is entirely easier than what it was. Now that passing is more efficient across the board, those two are highly comparable. If only for their production. Of course you’re going to see completion and interception rate hike up 15 years in the future with how the game has changed. 

Bulk they are pretty close. Efficiency wise, its not even close. Efficiency > > > Bulk any day. 

But as I said (and you echo'd) passing is easier today. The rule changes happened during the early part of McNabbs career. 

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

McNabb was far more the dual threat for sure in his younger years. And passing is entirely easier than what it was. Now that passing is more efficient across the board, those two are highly comparable. If only for their production. Of course you’re going to see completion and interception rate hike up 15 years in the future with how the game has changed. 

I mean, he had to be. He as throwing to Todd Pinkston, James Thrash, Freddie "THE GOAT" Mitchell, and Chad Lewis....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Are you once again confusing our two QBs? You have a habit of doing this. Wentz is the one thats never played in an important game. Dak is the one thats played equal to or better than Rodgers, Wilson and Goff in the playoffs. 

All those other QB’s played in a Super Bowl. Do you remember Super Bowls? I know that might be hard to remember since the Cowboys haven’t sniffed one in a quarter of a century 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He right doe 

Now the superbowl is the only game that matters? Do basically like 3 Eagles teams have ever played in a game that mattered in their entire history?

He isnt right. Its a ridiculous point to make a tired insult.

31 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Wasn’t he trash for three quarters though? Any semblance of solid play then and the Cowboys win that game 

No, he wasnt trash for 3 quarters. And he equaled Rodgers, so he played way better than just "solid". 

6 hours ago, Danger said:
11 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I mean, he had to be. He as throwing to Todd Pinkston, James Thrash, Freddie "THE GOAT" Mitchell, and Chad Lewis....

Yeah, not a great look for Dak comparison wise there

If his max is a bottom rung McNabb, they will continue to not do much. And will tank the team in the process of trying to see if he is more than that with all the guys who will have to leave.

He can get better, but this is the year you need to start seeing it

31 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Dak literally had the worst rated group of WRs in the NFL last year (before Cooper). So its pretty equal I would say.

If his max is a bottom rung McNabb, they will continue to not do much. And will tank the team in the process of trying to see if he is more than that with all the guys who will have to leave.

Continue to not do much? Besides being one of the winningest QBs in the NFL you mean? This idea that Dak is bad is absurd.

Get better as in just outside the top 10 to somewhere near top 5? 

You speak as if he is garbage. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Now the superbowl is the only game that matters? Do basically like 3 Eagles teams have ever played in a game that mattered in their entire history?

He isnt right. Its a ridiculous point to make a tired insult.

You mean the only valid argument every Cowboy made prior to 2017...... You think it is tired already. I have 50 + years of this joke to make up for. Which will probably cover about half the time before the Cowboys are relevant again.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You mean the only valid argument every Cowboy made prior to 2017...... You think it is tired already. I have 50 + years of this joke to make up for. Which will probably cover about half the time before the Cowboys are relevant again.

It was a bad joke/insult then, and its a bad joke now. Most people only used it tongue in cheek anyways.... unless they were like 13. 

Dak doesn't suck. He's just not good enough to ever get to a SB. Like Romo.

Maybe that's why HS football is so important to Texans. They know their pro teams won't play in a meaningful game, so might as well go emotionally all-in on high school, since it's their only chance to cheer for a winner. It all makes sense now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:
4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Dak literally had the worst rated group of WRs in the NFL last year (before Cooper). So its pretty equal I would say.

And McNabb's was worse, and he didnt have the running game Zeke gives Dak
Cole Beasley would've been a starter and his best reciever

Continue to not do much? Besides being one of the winningest QBs in the NFL you mean? This idea that Dak is bad is absurd.

*Winning games that matter. Being the Pre-process Sixers is great if you have no aspirations for championships. But being stuck in the middle is really no better, and many ways worse, than just being at the bottom of the league. It's the purgatory the Cowboys have been in for a decade now. Signing Dak as is will only cement that in for another 5 years. Now if he improves that's a different story. The idea that he's garbage is usually just a joke, but the opinion that he has a flawed skillset isn't crazy. His basic safe style only takes you so far, he needs to elevate.

Get better as in just outside the top 10 to somewhere near top 5? 

You speak as if he is garbage. 

He needs to get better to reach the opinion you have of him. 

He's right now probably the most reliable tier 3 guy at this point. There are guys who will spike over him a lot, and has exhibited more advanced play.
(Unless we are counting the "Dak statement game" against the garbage Giants in Week 17? Which was pure QB play if I've ever seen it)

Can definitely see a world where Dak finishes in the 10-12 spot this year. He has his blankey in Cooper, and if they sign Zeke all will be settled for him. He can Dak and Dunk til his hearts content. Goff, Rivers, Luck could regress from last year.

But they'll also play some tougher teams, mystery on Zeke could linger, some of those QBs in his tier might play to their higher ceiling. And even if he has a good Dak year, it pales compared to that.

Who the hell knows what these year 2/3 Qbs do, and these year 4 QBs have a big year ahead

The big thing to remember for Wentz/Dak/Goff...they are still youngish QBs. This should be the first year where they lose excuses. They’ve all shown a degree of talent. But it’s been inconsistent along the way in various ways.

Dak has been most consistently one thing, but his higher end falls short of the other two. Goff is a wildcard because of how much he relies on McVay. He has some low lows when that’s taken away from him, and is why I think he regresses this year. And Wentz “was an MVP”,  even last year played well (especially considering his back was an all year issue and he was less than a year removed from a knee injury). But that worry of injuries obviously scares you. They can go a lot of ways but still have something to prove.