Rams vs Saints - part II

Webmaster

Just now, El ramster said:

He’s deff coming back. While

he did wear down. They should rely much more on the run game next year. 

He's def coming back, but at what level?

He's looking old out there.  Prime Brees would have won this game, no doubt in my mind.  I think he can play at this level for one more year, but beyond that, I'm skeptical as hell.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Assuming the refs would call this correctly, going for the ball or letting him score the TD are the only 2 ways your team survives that play.

You can always go score your own unlikely TD to tie it.

Tackling him early is the worst thing you can do since it gives them a 1st down and lets them kill the clock.

Always remember that just because someone got lucky does not mean they made a smart choice.

4 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I hope he's got one more year left in him.  If we don't do it next year, I'm afraid it's gonna be a long time before we see it again.

I think he does, but he's looking like end of career Peyton. His deep ball has been neutered.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Asterisk means almost nothing tough because of all the Patriots haters pretending there were taped walk-throughs.

• There are even some looney Eagles fans who think the Patriots taped the Eagles fake walk-throughs and got an advantage.

Trolls have been crying asterisk for 11 years.

There was also SB 50 and the 2013 AFC Championship brought to you buy HGH delivered to your wife!

That's the hitch.  What goes on behind the scenes is behind scenes.  Its like when there's tape of a player abusing someone it will be worse than if it's just a police report.  Video makes all the difference in the world.  I think the Patriots are impressive just how many times they made it and they've certainly had some amazing moments in the Superbowl. Refs blowing a call is completely different than teams supposedly cheating/not cheating.  The league has the reasonability to get things right.  I expect teams to do underhanded stuff to create leverage for themselves. 

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

He's def coming back, but at what level?

He's looking old out there.  Prime Brees would have won this game, no doubt in my mind.  I think he can play at this level for one more year, but beyond that, I'm skeptical as hell.

Isn’t he coming off his best season ever? There’s plenty of gas left.

Just now, showtime said:

Having Talib back for them is huge.  He's still a really good player and he's the leader that secondary needed all season.

Yeah, but I still didnt think he would be all that effective. I was thinking we would run the ball 40 times and try and keep Brees/Kamara/Thomas off the field. I thought that was the only way we were going to contain them.

4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Negative. Even early on when @jrry32was complaining about the refs! I thought the game was called even. Hey man! Was that a bad call? Hell yeah. Does it make me a bad person for that? Heck no. I had even said Ggs prior to that. You even liked my comment. So it’s not on me. But it is what it is. Destiny. I’m sorry you feel

cheated but the saints had their chances. Wish you the best! 

I've had fun going back and forth with you throughout the season and hold no grudges against you, but man it sucks that it was such a blatant game defining play on the "no-call" that is gonna cast a shadow on what was a hell of a game

30 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Not really.  They made some bad calls on both sides before that no call.

They called three penalties on the Saints the whole game. Zero in the first half when the Saints got out to the 13-0 lead. There is no way in hell the Saints went 30 minutes without committing an infraction. They held Cooks which could have given the Rams a TD on our first scoring drive and to add insult they were thinking about calling OPI.

The no call sucks. But there wasn't much that went against the Saints except for that. And the Saints got away with multiple delay of games. If we want that call evened out, have to even out the rest of the game too.

Just now, El ramster said:

Isn’t he coming off his best season ever? There’s plenty of gas left.

Most efficient season ever, but it's his best supporting cast ever.  He can't sling it like he  used to.  He just didn't take as many chances, and that led to less picks and higher comp%.

1 minute ago, checkcola said:

That's the hitch.  What goes on behind the scenes is behind scenes.  Its like when there's tape of a player abusing someone it will be worse than if it's just a police report.  Video makes all the difference in the world.  I think the Patriots are impressive just how many times they made it and they've certainly had some amazing moments in the Superbowl. Refs blowing a call is completely different than teams supposedly cheating/not cheating.  The league has the reasonability to get things right.  I expect teams to do underhanded stuff to create leverage for themselves. 

How much money do you think was decided on that blown call today?

I honestly feel bad for some Saints fans, a little bad for the players/Brees, but absolutely none at all for Sean Peyton. Had he been on the other end he'd be gloating and attaching a yellow flag to his hip for the next two weeks.

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

I've had fun going back and forth with you throughout the season and hold no grudges against you, but man it sucks that it was such a blatant game defining play on the "no-call" that is gonna cast a shadow on what was a hell of a game

I feel you bro and sames. But this was our punt call to say. We felt really bad after that! Because it changed the momentum. Again Ggs. Best of luck next year. 

Archived