Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

This was the game I wanted. Not because of matchups. But because it is somewhat poetic.

And it is a win/sorta-win for me. Either my team pulls out the win and my life is complete, or Tom Terrific wins and puts the last nail in the coffin regarding who is the GOAT. 

I called the Pats win, btw. My coworker couldn't see it at all. All the numbers were in the Chiefs favor. But Bill is brilliant, Tom is the GOAT, and you can't quantify experience on the elevated stage.

Not saying I thought it was money in the bank. Just saying I thought the Pats would find a way to pull it off.  

I'd really like to see the Rams win and then have a cheating scandal erupt where the Rams get accused of stealing signals and see how Patriots fans would react.  Lol.  Just kidding, just kidding.

Obviously I want the Rams to win because of what a Patriots win would do to Brady's legacy.  He had a terrible game yesterday that he should not get credit for winning.  Two interceptions is two interceptions regardless of how they happen, and that third interception should have ended it (thanks, Ford).  That offense right now is game planning and McDaniels more than it is Brady.  Not saying Brady's bad, but damn it if that isn't the most methodical offense I have ever seen against the Chargers and the Chiefs, two good defenses (the Chiefs were actually a very good home defense, and if you don't believe it, look at their points allowed at home versus on the road).  They didn't even torch them.  It wasn't a torching, it was a methodical march down the field with perfectly-timed runs, short passes, deep shots.  I don't think Brady threw the ball more than 10 yards on 5 plays all game until that final fourth quarter drive. 

I'm trying to convince myself that the Rams have a chance.  That the Rams are built for this sort of thing.  That the Rams are the worst matchup for the Patriots. 

Strong, power running from two backs. 
Good offensive line.
High-scoring offense.
Creative offensive head coach.
Strong interior pass rushers.
Willingness to play tight man coverage.

It seems Wade Phillips in 2015 had finally figured out how to slow the Patriots offense, which was significantly better in 2015 than it is now if memory serves.  He's missing Miller on the outside, but I think Donald on the inside is a bigger challenge for Brady than Miller on the outside was. 

More than anything, I hope it's a good game.  I don't want either team to destroy the other because I want three more hours of football before the long offseason.  I have a feeling, though, that the Patriots are going to get out to a 21-0 lead and never let up and that the Rams won't even make it close to a game, always too little too late. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd really like to see the Rams win and then have a cheating scandal erupt where the Rams get accused of stealing signals and see how Patriots fans would react.  Lol.  Just kidding, just kidding.

Obviously I want the Rams to win because of what a Patriots win would do to Brady's legacy.  He had a terrible game yesterday that he should not get credit for winning.  Two interceptions is two interceptions regardless of how they happen, and that third interception should have ended it (thanks, Ford).  That offense right now is game planning and McDaniels more than it is Brady.  Not saying Brady's bad, but damn it if that isn't the most methodical offense I have ever seen against the Chargers and the Chiefs, two good defenses (the Chiefs were actually a very good home defense, and if you don't believe it, look at their points allowed at home versus on the road).  They didn't even torch them.  It wasn't a torching, it was a methodical march down the field with perfectly-timed runs, short passes, deep shots.  I don't think Brady threw the ball more than 10 yards on 5 plays all game until that final fourth quarter drive. 

I'm trying to convince myself that the Rams have a chance.  That the Rams are built for this sort of thing.  That the Rams are the worst matchup for the Patriots. 

Strong, power running from two backs. 
Good offensive line.
High-scoring offense.
Creative offensive head coach.
Strong interior pass rushers.
Willingness to play tight man coverage.

It seems Wade Phillips in 2015 had finally figured out how to slow the Patriots offense, which was significantly better in 2015 than it is now if memory serves.  He's missing Miller on the outside, but I think Donald on the inside is a bigger challenge for Brady than Miller on the outside was. 

More than anything, I hope it's a good game.  I don't want either team to destroy the other because I want three more hours of football before the long offseason.  I have a feeling, though, that the Patriots are going to get out to a 21-0 lead and never let up and that the Rams won't even make it close to a game, always too little too late. 

How did he have a terrible game? He made one bad decision and had one pass deflected of the hands of Edelman. After that he led them down the 3 times in 4Q and OT. Wasn't his best game sure as heck wasn't terrible.

28 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

This was the game I wanted. Not because of matchups. But because it is somewhat poetic.

And it is a win/sorta-win for me. Either my team pulls out the win and my life is complete, or Tom Terrific wins and puts the last nail in the coffin regarding who is the GOAT. 

I see no issue with this post. You are a rare kind..

Seems like everybody only wants to make excuses for the Chargers and Chiefs and don't want to give credit to the Patriots for just turning it on exponentially when it mattered the most and became the executioner they are. They were a less talented team and they had to play football beyond their abilities to pull out these wins. And they did. You might hate seeing them go to the big one year after year but they earned that... especially this season....

Archived