Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

LoL. This is so wrong.. So so wrong. But ok guy.. 

Keep acting like every fan base should act like bots and lord forbid we show any 

emotion. 

The way you guys were crying about the refs always screwing your team over was way over the top.

Here's hoping the Super Bowl ends in a controversial blown call.  And since the Patriots are involved, you know it will be in their favor.  Now run and tell that, homeboy.

1 minute ago, ///mcompact said:

The way you guys were crying about the refs always screwing your team over was waaay overboard.  

Here's to hoping the Super Bowl ends in a controversy over a blown call.  And since the Patriots are involved, you know it will be in their favor.  Now run and tell that, homeboy.

Ok. I hope you get that. I want you all to be happy. Whatever it takes.

Image result for Jason Garrett smile gif

Btw, I don't think we'll win this game either. I'm praying and hoping. The Pats are just so insanely good. 

Pats are so incredibly sound and bring a ton load of experience. Just hoping the Rams pull thru man. Let's get it. 

This is the game where the Rams talent and youth could propel them. We need TG3 to just go bananas. 

7 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Brady is seemingly eternally motivated. Somehow a guy who has won everything apparently apparently refuses to ever stop.

he is almost addicted to winning

It's very MJ-like. I've seen my share of Jordan documentaries over the years and some of them kinda exaggerate his mystique a bit but one thing is consistent among all of them. It's the competitive drive and to find motivation from any source available. As a human being who is competitive myself, I can't even imagine winning as much as Brady or Jordan have and still finding ways to tell yourself that you need another one because of X or because you need to prove X. Just really impressive.

47 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Did you seriously just say that the Patriot's success is 60 percent Brady? 

First Super Bowl - 1 whole touchdown, 190 passing yards (including 115 passing yards in the Championship game).  Defense held teams to 13 points, 17 points, 17 points.

Second Super Bowl - 5 total touchdowns, 2 interceptions in three games.  14 points, 14 points, 29 points allowed. 

Third Super Bowl, Patriots held the Colts to 3 points.  Brady threw for 195 yards per game. 

Brady won a game throwing three interceptions against the Chargers.  How many quarterbacks win a playoff game with 3 interceptions? 

Brady won a playoff game against the Ravens throwing 0 touchdowns and 2 interceptions throwing for 4.14 yards per attempt. 

NFL average points per game is 23.  Brady's defense has held opponents to 21 points per game in the playoffs. 

If anybody honestly believes that the Patriots success is 60% on Brady, that proves everything I've been saying. 

Out of all the great quarterbacks, Brady's 21 points against is the lowest by a VERY LARGE MARGIN (Except for Peyton Manning, who was also overrated with his team allowing only 21.4 points per game in his postseason history).

So yeah, Brady is better than Peyton Manning, and a lot of other quarterbacks.  He's a better QB than Rodgers.  He's PROBABLY better QB than Brees.  He probably actually is the best QB of all time, but that does NOT mean it's all on him.  He's 40% of that success AT MOST, and 40% of the playoff games he's won, he doesn't win if his defense doesn't keep the opponent under that NFL average. 

In fact, if Brady's defense allowed 24 points in any playoff game, his 29-10 postseason record turns to:

17-13 with only two Super Bowl wins. 

To clarify for people who are confused, if his defense allowed 24 points and his performance stayed the same, Brady is 0-3 in his first three postseasons.  He scored 16, 17 and 20 points in the first game of his first three Super Bowl years.  NOT great.  If his defense didn't bail him out, he doesn't even get to those first three Super Bowls. 

So I don't know how you can say that he's accountable for 60% of the success when he doesn't even get to 50% of his Super Bowl wins without that defense, without Belichick. 

It's preposterous the praise he gets.   It is NOT the New England Brady's.  He's one out of 53 damn players coached by the greatest coach the league, the sport has ever seen. 

@SkippyX Over to you...

50 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Did you seriously just say that the Patriot's success is 60 percent Brady? 

First Super Bowl - 1 whole touchdown, 190 passing yards (including 115 passing yards in the Championship game).  Defense held teams to 13 points, 17 points, 17 points.

Second Super Bowl - 5 total touchdowns, 2 interceptions in three games.  14 points, 14 points, 29 points allowed. 

Third Super Bowl, Patriots held the Colts to 3 points.  Brady threw for 195 yards per game. 

Brady won a game throwing three interceptions against the Chargers.  How many quarterbacks win a playoff game with 3 interceptions? 

Brady won a playoff game against the Ravens throwing 0 touchdowns and 2 interceptions throwing for 4.14 yards per attempt. 

NFL average points per game is 23.  Brady's defense has held opponents to 21 points per game in the playoffs. 

If anybody honestly believes that the Patriots success is 60% on Brady, that proves everything I've been saying. 

Out of all the great quarterbacks, Brady's 21 points against is the lowest by a VERY LARGE MARGIN (Except for Peyton Manning, who was also overrated with his team allowing only 21.4 points per game in his postseason history).

So yeah, Brady is better than Peyton Manning, and a lot of other quarterbacks.  He's a better QB than Rodgers.  He's PROBABLY better QB than Brees.  He probably actually is the best QB of all time, but that does NOT mean it's all on him.  He's 40% of that success AT MOST, and 40% of the playoff games he's won, he doesn't win if his defense doesn't keep the opponent under that NFL average. 

In fact, if Brady's defense allowed 24 points in any playoff game, his 29-10 postseason record turns to:

17-13 with only two Super Bowl wins. 

To clarify for people who are confused, if his defense allowed 24 points and his performance stayed the same, Brady is 0-3 in his first three postseasons.  He scored 16, 17 and 20 points in the first game of his first three Super Bowl years.  NOT great.  If his defense didn't bail him out, he doesn't even get to those first three Super Bowls. 

So I don't know how you can say that he's accountable for 60% of the success when he doesn't even get to 50% of his Super Bowl wins without that defense, without Belichick. 

It's preposterous the praise he gets.   It is NOT the New England Brady's.  He's one out of 53 damn players coached by the greatest coach the league, the sport has ever seen. 

There is a legit 0 percent chance that the Patriots play the same type of game if the defense is hemoraging points. They would have played a much more methodical game against the Eagles if they had a lead and were stopping Foles. 

Today we saw the Patriots start out playing great defense and doing long methodical run heavy drives on offense. The the Chiefs started scoring at will and they switched to an incredibly aggressive pass game to keep up with them. 

So that's nice and all, but there is no real way the Patriots and Tom Brady's performance are going to stay the same anyways. So it's not really worth just adding a few points to the opposing teams score to change the record. 

Just now, lancerman said:

There is a legit 0 percent chance that the Patriots play the same type of game if the defense is hemoraging points. They would have played a much more methodical game against the Eagles if they had a lead and were stopping Foles. 

Today we saw the Patriots start out playing great defense and doing long methodical run heavy drives on offense. The the Chiefs started scoring at will and they switched to an incredibly aggressive pass game to keep up with them. 

So that's nice and all, but there is no real way the Patriots and Tom Brady's performance are going to stay the same anyways. So it's not really worth just adding a few points to the opposing teams score to change the record. 

Granted, but do you think Tom Brady was even CAPABLE of anything more than he did in 2001? 

Are you honestly suggesting that Brady was anywhere close to 60% of the reason the Patriots won or even got to that first Super Bowl? 

Are you honestly suggesting that Tom Brady, not Belichick, is responsible for 60% of the Patriots success?  Belichick won 11 damn games with Matt Cassell. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Granted, but do you think Tom Brady was even CAPABLE of anything more than he did in 2001? 

Are you honestly suggesting that Brady was anywhere close to 60% of the reason the Patriots won or even got to that first Super Bowl? 

Are you honestly suggesting that Tom Brady, not Belichick, is responsible for 60% of the Patriots success?  Belichick won 11 damn games with Matt Cassell. 

I think in 2001 they played it very safe with a rookie QB and only let him make big plays when he needed to. Like in the Super Bowl. 

I can almost guarantee the Patriots would not have gotten anywhere near that Super Bowl if Bledsoe started the whole season. So yes, I give Brady a lot of credit. Stats aren't everything. Even that early on people recognized that Brady had tremendous talent and a feel for the game that gave him advantages over a blue chip prospect like Bledsoe. 

I don't know how to parse out credit. Lets be real here. Brady won at every level he was at. Belichick had 7 seasons without Brady. He has a losing record without him, one playoff appearance, and one playoff win. 7 seasons is not a small sample size either. It's a massive sample size. Brady's only played 17 full seasons. That's 41% of the time he had Brady. It's not insignificant. And he's had a big range of QB's from Bledsoe to Kozar to Cassell. So you can't say he was working with trash. 

Also not for nothing, the Cassell season is amongs one of the worst arguments in NFL fandom. If you dig anywhere beyond a surface level you realize how quickly that falls apart and how unimpressive that season is. Especially for the talent they had outside of QB that year. That was a team that should have been in a Super Bowl with Brady. They played two divisions with one winning team between them (and that team was 9-7). Oh and Cassell went 10-6 two years later and got his team in the playoffs with world renowned coach Todd Haley. 

I don't know how much credit each one deserves. Personally I think they are both the greatest ever at their role, would have eventually found success elsewhere, but are doing something special together. But if you're going to make a case that Brady has far less responsibility, well Belichick's track record with and without him is very disparate to the point where it's a bad argument.

I think it's very telling that every case for Belichick without Brady relies on a very small sample size that doesn't even reflect a 1/5th of his career without Brady and relies on teams that people almost universally recognize to be Super Bowl caliber if Brady is QB. 

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

@SkippyX Over to you...

I won't even try but I will add 2 bits of info, 1 for and 1 against.

1) This is not Belichick's 9th Super Bowl... It's his 12th.

• Look at what he did to Montana in 3 playoff games, its not pretty.

2) Peyton Manning is considered a great playoff QB by clowns (many of whom hate Brady)

• Manning played in 4 Super Bowls and managed a net TB 12 points per game in those 4 Super Bowls (points scored on offense - pick sixes and safties)

Ugh, now I am engaged so I will offer 1 bit of analysis:

Brady is so far the best player in NFL History that it gets boring arguing with the unwashed masses over it.

• He has 12 game winning drives in the playoffs in 39 tries.
    • Elway(6) and Montana(5) have 11 COMBINED in 44 tries.
      • These were the unquestioned 2 most clutch QBs in NFL History before Brady
    • P Manning(2), Rodgers(2), Favre(2), Brees(3), and Warner(3) have 12 COMBINED in 94 tries.
  • If he wins in 2 weeks he will have as many SB wins as either of those 2 groups combined.

16 hours ago, Elky said:

Rams wouldn't even be here without crooked officiating.

That’s a total discredit to what the Rams did right. 

You can’t put the entire game on one call. Most great coaches acknowledge that refs make mistakes but then say that’s why the game should never been that close. 

It was 13-0 at one point. 

Also they missed one call on a face mask on Goff which was similar to the no call on us 

and to top it all off Brees had a chance to win it all in OT and he didn’t.  

I think sayingthe rams wouldn’t be there is a total discredit to how hard they fought back to win the game 

Archived