Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

2 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

I've never rooted for the Patriots...not even when a divisional rival (with an obnoxious fanbase) was seeking to win their first Lombardi last year. 

But for this particular Super Bowl, I'll be rooting for the Patriots (yuck).  It's not just the horrific non-call, but their fans on this forum are proving to be just as annoying NOW as the Eagles fans were after they won their SB.  Imagine how much worse they'll be if they win.  No, Sir.  At least with the over-privileged Patriot fans, they'll cheer for a day or two and then everything will go back to normal.

Condescend much?

By the way, keep up the talking about other teams fans and you'll run the risk of spending that two weeks as a Patriots fan away from this site.

1 hour ago, Starless said:

Shaq Mason was the best guard in the league this year.

He's staking his reputation on his ability to contain Aaron Donald.

That's going to be the battle that decides this game. 

Meh. Donald won’t do anything. He’s just playing the run right now. Donald hasn’t been Donald for a hot min. And this Donald benefits the whole team much better than pass rushing Donald(stat man). Saints Oline held up really good. 

19 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Condescend much?

By the way, keep up the talking about other teams fans and you'll run the risk of spending that two weeks as a Patriots fan away from this site.

Roger that, Law Dog.  I'll be on the lookout for any teams' fans (even your Rams) talking about other fans and will report that riff-raff straight to you.

Citizen On Patrol, OUT!

5 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Roger that, Law Dog.  I'll be on the lookout for any teams' fans (even your Rams) talking about other fans and will report that riff-raff straight to you.

Citizen On Patrol, OUT!

Mature...

23 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Mature...

Well,  other "certain" members have been mocking other fans with impunity, so I figured it was just "friendly banter' and "OK".   Guess that ain't so.  Duly noted.  

And yes, even though you singled me out, I will not hold a grudge and will still offer my services of being a loyal Deputy in reporting future rule-breakers.  You gotta back the Blue!

BACK ON-TOPIC:

I'm going to reverse the reverse-jinx and state that the Rams are absolutely going to pull out the victory (by 14+).  Not so much because of the upcoming honest Reffing crew, but because of it being on a neutral field.  Goff will finally be able to 100% hear his Coach audible out of plays at the LOS.  Two heads are definitely better than one when going up against Bill and Brady.

main-qimg-dc44dd8d01896d1407b45d0c11e7e2

16 hours ago, El ramster said:

I’ve never seen a site be so pro pats. And I thought they were the bad guys holy smokes. This is some weird jealousy thing. Is it because Sean is in his second year? Doing things no coach has ever done? What’s up. Is it because fans are realizing that the goat is near the end of the his ropes! And they want him to settle off with one more? Bro, this is like the Kobe tour 2.0 

You're getting a bit ahead of yourself there

16 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

I think Brian Flores has more grit and heart to him than Matt Patricia and says goodbye to the team that started his football coaching dreams with one hell of a gameplan. I mean, think about these two matchups:

1. Sean McVay vs. Brian Flores - The "next big thing" at head coach, a brilliant offensive mind who should put together a killer gameplan with killer personnel against a Belichick understudy who has righted the ship in New England after last season's horrific defense with creative blitzes and whatever the hell that 1-5-5 package is.

2. Josh McDaniels vs. Wade Phillips - A lot of Patriots fans say McDaniels is a stubborn playcaller, but from what he called today, that was a hell of a game. The Patriots have a couple of offensive plays (see: Edelman motions into stack and runs quick slant to middle) that are just straight up cheat codes. And then on the other side, you have Phillips, who turned a subpar Rams defense into a juggernaut.

re bolded: the "playground" or "amoeba" defense I've heard it called, I'm hoping to see it in Miami next season

The McVay/Philips combo I think can be easily called the best coaching duo in the NFL this season, no?

16 hours ago, Plat2 said:

So how can the Rams beat the Patriots and vice versa?

Rams need to penetrate early and make Brady uncomfortable, the formula hasn't changed regarding Brady.

15 hours ago, The LBC said:

Dude, these days in the NFL, a quarterback overthrows a pass to the end zone by a country mile, practically throws it into the stands, and you can bet your bottom dollar that there's going to be a DB celebrating and doing the "no-go" arm swipe like they actually did something to cause that overthrow.

They're celebrating a flag not being thrown, I think

15 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Based on talent, especially against the last 3 other teams, the Patriots shouldn't have made it to the Super Bowl. I don't think you can bet against them at this point. They are on too much of a roll and seems to have found their coaching/execution right in stride...

Which is why I'm amazed when even some Pats fans give Brady more credit than Belichick during the Pat's reign.

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

re bolded: the "playground" or "amoeba" defense I've heard it called, I'm hoping to see it in Miami next season

The Dolphins are getting a good coach, let me tell you that. IMO he's far better than Patricia and I'm disappointed he's leaving because he was supposed to be "the guy" after Patty and now we'll have nobody left for DC.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Did you seriously just say that the Patriot's success is 60 percent Brady? 

First Super Bowl - 1 whole touchdown, 190 passing yards (including 115 passing yards in the Championship game).  Defense held teams to 13 points, 17 points, 17 points.

Second Super Bowl - 5 total touchdowns, 2 interceptions in three games.  14 points, 14 points, 29 points allowed. 

Third Super Bowl, Patriots held the Colts to 3 points.  Brady threw for 195 yards per game. 

Brady won a game throwing three interceptions against the Chargers.  How many quarterbacks win a playoff game with 3 interceptions? 

Brady won a playoff game against the Ravens throwing 0 touchdowns and 2 interceptions throwing for 4.14 yards per attempt. 

NFL average points per game is 23.  Brady's defense has held opponents to 21 points per game in the playoffs. 

If anybody honestly believes that the Patriots success is 60% on Brady, that proves everything I've been saying. 

Out of all the great quarterbacks, Brady's 21 points against is the lowest by a VERY LARGE MARGIN (Except for Peyton Manning, who was also overrated with his team allowing only 21.4 points per game in his postseason history).

So yeah, Brady is better than Peyton Manning, and a lot of other quarterbacks.  He's a better QB than Rodgers.  He's PROBABLY better QB than Brees.  He probably actually is the best QB of all time, but that does NOT mean it's all on him.  He's 40% of that success AT MOST, and 40% of the playoff games he's won, he doesn't win if his defense doesn't keep the opponent under that NFL average. 

In fact, if Brady's defense allowed 24 points in any playoff game, his 29-10 postseason record turns to:

17-13 with only two Super Bowl wins. 

To clarify for people who are confused, if his defense allowed 24 points and his performance stayed the same, Brady is 0-3 in his first three postseasons.  He scored 16, 17 and 20 points in the first game of his first three Super Bowl years.  NOT great.  If his defense didn't bail him out, he doesn't even get to those first three Super Bowls. 

So I don't know how you can say that he's accountable for 60% of the success when he doesn't even get to 50% of his Super Bowl wins without that defense, without Belichick. 

It's preposterous the praise he gets.   It is NOT the New England Brady's.  He's one out of 53 damn players coached by the greatest coach the league, the sport has ever seen. 

Since 2001, the Patriots have scored an average of 27.69 points, which is 4.94 points better than the average for all other teams. Since 2001, the Patriots have allowed an average of 21.07 points, which is 2.40 points better than the average for all other teams.

Offense wins championships, amirite ;)

2 hours ago, Starless said:

If that's the battle that decides the game then the Patriots will lose.  They know they have to double him, so it'll be Shaq Mason and who else.

3 hours ago, Starless said:

Donald usually lines up against the LG.

4 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

The way you guys were crying about the refs always screwing your team over was way over the top.

Here's hoping the Super Bowl ends in a controversial blown call.  And since the Patriots are involved, you know it will be in their favor.  Now run and tell that, homeboy.

We have John Parry calling the game. We're gucci.

Archived