Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

Just now, FrantikRam said:

I could see us playing man to man on them. Talib can take Gronk and then we can double Edelman. Playing zone against Brady is a death wish.

I think we match up pretty well if we can continue to play great run defense.

Talib can't cover Gronk 1v1.  There's no defensive back in the league who can cover him 1v1.  And this is Gronk that's a shell of himself.  For as physical as Talib is, he can't out-physical Gronk and Gronk can still jump over him.  So if you put Talib on Gronk, who covers Edleman 1v1?

Edleman will absolutely roast Marcus Peters or any of those other CB's in a 1v1.  Hogan will get loose for a play here and there.  Even though the Pats don't have weapons like Kamara and Thomas, they spread the ball so much that it's hard to stop.

Wade Philips has played the Pats in the past in press coverage, but they had Chris Harris Jr.

Just now, showtime said:

Talib can't cover Gronk 1v1.  There's no defensive back in the league who can cover him 1v1.  And this is Gronk that's a shell of himself.  For as physical as Talib is, he can't out-physical Gronk and Gronk can still jump over him.  So if you put Talib on Gronk, who covers Edleman 1v1?

Edleman will absolutely roast Marcus Peters or any of those other CB's in a 1v1.  Hogan will get loose for a play here and there.  Even though the Pats don't have weapons like Kamara and Thomas, they spread the ball so much that it's hard to stop.

Wade Philips has played the Pats in the past in press coverage, but they had Chris Harris Jr.

I'm fine with Talib one on one with Gronk. He will get a jump ball here and there, and we would have safety help depending on the situation.

As for Edelman, yes he needs double teamed. I agree they will be hard to stop, but I have faith in our defense.

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

Am I on crack or don’t I remember Jalen Ramsey and that kid White from Buffalo locking him down? This isn’t Gronk any more. This is a TE that plays for Ne. 

12 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Am I on crack or don’t I remember Jalen Ramsey and that kid White from Buffalo locking him down? This isn’t Gronk any more. This is a TE that plays for Ne. 

Gronk isn't elite anymore overall, no doubt about that.  But he's still huge and has great hands.  Did you see the catches he made last night in the 4th quarter and OT?  He caught a jump ball over Eric Berry and there's nothing Berry could do about it.  And Berry has had amazing success against the Patriots in his career. 

I don't even like NE, but I think they run away with this one. The Rams aren't a good matchup for them on either side of the ball. I don't think Brady will let their pass rushers get to him and I find their secondary to be incredibly underwhelming despite all the high profile names. I see Gronk and Edelman going off and I see Goff struggling to match Brady's output.

24 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't even like NE, but I think they run away with this one. The Rams aren't a good matchup for them on either side of the ball. I don't think Brady will let their pass rushers get to him and I find their secondary to be incredibly underwhelming despite all the high profile names. I see Gronk and Edelman going off and I see Goff struggling to match Brady's output.

Marcus peters has been a top CB since the saints game. All the data backs it up. 

chiefs were the best team in the league IMO and they beat them twice. goff is much easier to plan against and extremely less scary than mahomes. their offense altogether is a tier below the chiefs and the pats managed to shut them out the first half. the rams defense is probably very similar to the chiefs. underperformers. if the pats play like they have the past two weeks, they should be able to run away with this. 

21 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

chiefs were the best team in the league IMO and they beat them twice. goff is much easier to plan against and extremely less scary than mahomes. their offense altogether is a tier below the chiefs and the pats managed to shut them out the first half. the rams defense is probably very similar to the chiefs. underperformers. if the pats play like they have the past two weeks, they should be able to run away with this. 

The Rams also beat the Chiefs.

Archived