Super Bowl LIII: New England Patriots (11-5) vs St. Louis Rams (13-3)

Elky

My hatred for the Patriots still stands but congrats on the win. I thought this game was a tough battle and the Patriots just made a few more plays than the Rams. Had Goff not been a tad late on Cooks in the endzone on one play OR Cooks not drop that td pass in the endzone (one could debate that it shouldve been a PI but oh well), the game wouldve been different. Ill even say that big Gurley run that was called back due to holding by Sullivan that Romo said he wouldnt have called that a penalty, that hurt the momentum of the Rams who had a chance to take the lead when it was a tie game 3-3. 

Im still proud of my team because they exceeded my expectations of at least going to the NFCCG. Now you give Goff and McVay Superbowl experience and I feel like they are going to bring back Suh, Anderson, and Talib and Peters still have 1yr left on their contracts. Kupp will be back and he is to Goff what Edelman is to Brady. I think this team will be more hungry than ever with the experience. We might see Patriots v Rams next year if somehow the Patriots dont let a now playoff experienced MVP Mahomes get passed them lol. 

So again congrats to the Patriots. 6 is the magic number as MJ has 6 NBA rings and now Brady has 6 NFL rings. 

1 minute ago, Elky said:

Just can't to hear from Max Kellerman and Rob Parker tomorrow.

Smoking these victory cigars to Sweet Caroline never gets old.

Imagine if the Patriots had a defensive minded coach to hold a team that averaged 29 ppg to 3 points? Almost like they should look to replace Belichick with someone like that this off season.

I remember watching and posting about Edelman during his first training camp on this very forum. ICB laughing about him making the team. Had a great pre-season, made the team, battled injuries to start his career...now SB MVP and one of the most clutch WR's in NFL History.

Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Elky said:

This is justice for the Saints.

Yes it is. I knew the Pats would do me right. 

If the Rams had won, it would've bothered me until next season. Now I'm over it. It's closure. 

I've always loved BB. GOAT football figure, my personal favorite of all time. So seeing him win is always good. This season it was extra special for me, even as a non-Pats fan. 

Congrats guys.

Archived