Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

Was bored and reading some different advanced metric sites regarding Gallup and Dak. There were 13 total passes that were miss connects between the two of them. Daks accuracy rating on the accumulation of passes to Gallup was just under "excellent" (90% of the way to that score). 

We all remember the bad throws. They stick out. I really think what happened to some of you is that you saw the missed go routes in several games and built a narrative that it was all Daks fault and Gallup is a deity. The reality is some of those over throws were on Gallup. Some of them were just football. Accuracy over 20 yards drops for all QBs. But the stance some of you are taking is way, way too lopsided. It is absolutely fair to blame Dak for a handful of them. But keep a level headed perspective. 

Some of this will be fixed just simply with them playing together more. The huge plus here is that Gallup/Dak have enough chemistry that they continued to test teams deep all season. 

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Was bored and reading some different advanced metric sites regarding Gallup and Dak. There were 13 total passes that were miss connects between the two of them. Daks accuracy rating on the accumulation of passes to Gallup was just under "excellent" (90% of the way to that score). 

We all remember the bad throws. They stick out. I really think what happened to some of you is that you saw the missed go routes in several games and built a narrative that it was all Daks fault and Gallup is a deity. The reality is some of those over throws were on Gallup. Some of them were just football. Accuracy over 20 yards drops for all QBs. But the stance some of you are taking is way, way too lopsided. It is absolutely fair to blame Dak for a handful of them. But keep a level headed perspective. 

Some of this will be fixed just simply with them playing together more. The huge plus here is that Gallup/Dak have enough chemistry that they continued to test teams deep all season. 

For anyone who has ever played some level of QB, knows that timing matters a lot. When a QB throws to a new WR (Rookie Gallop) sometimes a player "breaks" a little before or after a QB expects. There is nothing I find that a little more experience together won't correct.

15 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Considering he had a blunt in his hand in the infamous cruise photo and was caught with cocaine with some random woman in Paris, no one will ever accuse him of utilizing good judgment. 

He and Jameis Winston should really hang out together. B|

15 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Nah. I would trade DLaw for the 13th and maybe a little more if we picked up Houston as well in FA.

How about Dak for #13, DLaw to Indy for #24 and some picks then trade them all again for 2020 first rders.....Tanking for Trevor engaged. :D

30 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Question:

Would you trade Dak to the Dolphins for pick #13?

Depends on who is there. I wouldn't do it before the draft.  If we had a vet backup I probably would. Although it would be nice to see Dak play in Miami with a real OL, and have solid weapons around him for the first time.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Depends on who is there. I wouldn't do it before the draft.  If we had a vet backup I probably would. Although it would be nice to see Dak play in Miami with a real OL, and have solid weapons around him for the first time.

What weapons are those?

• Like 1