Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:29 PM, Super4 said:

There is no realistic way of possibly spinning this to say Dak Prescott is not a starting NFL QB.  All of the metrics say so, and he passes the eye-test (most of the time).  He's not an all-world talent or have an amazing arm.  He's also been bogged down in development by poor coaching and offensive play calling.  He has areas to improve on for sure, but literally every single QB has things they need to improve on.  People are going to argue that his circumstance has benefitted him, and I would argue that his braindead coaching staff and play calling has held him back in terms of development and setting him up to maximize his success.

Keep this in mind:  There are a few reputable QBs that are going to be coming up for contract in the next couple of years as well, who will without question command more than $30M per year.  So while paying Dak $27M-$30M a year now might sting a little, remember that the market is always going to climb... so in a couple years his contract won't even seem that been anymore when put up against his counter-parts with.

All in all, it's silly to assume Dak Prescott isn't arguably a top 10 guy...(somewhere between 9-11 is where I would realistically place him.)

The issue was never us not wanting to pay Dak. the issue is the salary cap that disables us a bit. a top 9-11ish guy needs more talent around him to be successful.

I agree with you Dak needs to be re-signed and can't imagine us ever letting him go. That being said we do have to be realistic and ponder if Dak will be able to keep up his same level of play with less talent around him usually than previous years because of the salary cap.

It's never been about Dak. People like a Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers because of how thier playstyle elevates less talented players = usually less cap space because the QB takes up for cap space. Yes Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Wilson etc. will all command bigger contracts in the future but thats because thier game is suited to elevate lesser proven talent around them. That is why they demand the money they will demand.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

Dak is not a top 9 QB yet, guys. Come on. More like top 20. Are we not counting the old QBs that are about to retire? Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Rivers, Eli, ARod....

Because if we aren't, then maybeeee...

I could get behind him being a top 10 QB under 30.

But with those guys still playing and winning SBs, plus the young guys like Mahomes, Wentz, and Goff who are winning MVPs and NFC Championships... Dak is more in the 14-20 range.

Which one of these guys is Dak unequivocally, no questions asked, no doubt, non debatable better than?

Andrew Luck

Pat Mahomes

Aaron Rodgers

Jared Goff

Dashaun Watson

Carson Wentz

Russell Wilson

Baker Mayfield

Cam Newton

Kirk Cousins 

Matthew Stafford 

Big Ben

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Philip Rivers

Jimmy G

Nick Foles

Eli Manning

That's 18 different QBs that at least have a case and you say Dak could be 9th in the league?

High praise for a guy that was 14th in completions, 15th in passing yards, and 19th in ANY/A. It would be cool if he was top 9 in some measurable way before we crown him that.

Like I said, if we don't count the 35 year old plus HOFers that are on the way out, then ok... we can talk. But as of now, calm your teets. He's still young. 

Edited by DaBoys

30 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dak is not a top 9 QB yet, guys. Come on. More like top 20. Are we not counting the old QBs that are about to retire? Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Rivers, Eli, ARod....

But with those guys still playing and winning SBs, plus the young guys like Mahomes, Wentz, and Goff who are winning MVPs and NFC Championships... Dak is more in the 14-20 range.

Which one of these guys is Dak unequivocally, no questions asked, no doubt, non debatable better than?

Andrew Luck

Pat Mahomes

Aaron Rodgers

Jared Goff

Dashaun Watson

Carson Wentz

Russell Wilson

Baker Mayfield

Cam Newton

Kirk Cousins 

Matthew Stafford 

Big Ben

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Philip Rivers

Jimmy G

Nick Foles

Eli Manning

That's 18 different QBs that at least have a case and you say Dak could be 9th in the league?

High praise for a guy that was 14th in completions, 15th in passing yards, and 19th in ANY/A. It would be cool if he was top 9 in some measurable way before we crown him that.

Like I said, if we don't count the 35 year old plus HOFers that are on the way out, then ok... we can talk. But as of now, calm your teets. He's still young. 

From this list.

Newton

Goff

Manning 

I would take Dak over them hands down

Edited by eagles suck

37 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

From this list.

Newton

Goff

Manning 

I would take Dak over them hands down

Manning, yes. He is also 38 years old so not saying much. Dak is basically a poor mans Cam Newton with a better attitude/leadership qualities. So I could see that as well. Goff is over a year younger than Dak, has won an NFC championship, and beat the Cowboys in every opportunity he's had against them. It would be hard for me to agree that the better QB is "hands down," Dak over Goff.

And even if he was better than those 3, that would put him as the 15th best QB currently. Idk who all is getting kicked out to move him up to 9.

There are also other guys not on my list like Flacco, Trubisky, Darnold, Allen, and Lamar Jackson that certain fans would accept over Dak. 

He is very much in that 14-20 range. 

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Andrew Luck

Pat Mahomes

Aaron Rodgers

Jared Goff

Dashaun Watson

Carson Wentz

Russell Wilson

Baker Mayfield

Cam Newton

Kirk Cousins 

Matthew Stafford 

Big Ben

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Philip Rivers

Jimmy G

Nick Foles

Eli Manning

Manning

Foles

Jimmy

Cousins

If age is a factor then

Ben

Rivers

Brady

Brees

Stafford

Argueable

Wentz

Mayfield

Goff

I think Dak is better than Goff. Goff might throw a (much) prettier ball, but this stuff you read about McVay telling him everything about what the defense is doing until the mic turns off would terrify me as a Rams fan. Patricia and more notably Belichick contained a juggernaut of an offense simply by changing their defensive looks in the last 15 seconds of the play clock. If I were a Rams fan, that would be a massive concern going forward, that my QB is basically just a vessel for junior Sith Lord McVay. IMO, that's a bigger red flag for the long-term viability of my QB than all of Dak's flaws put together.

... of course it could also be that the Rams' scheme is much more difficult to run than ours and Dak doesn't have to make as many defense-specific adjustments as Goff does.

Edited by matt79511
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Manning, yes. He is also 38 years old so not saying much. Dak is basically a poor mans Cam Newton with a better attitude/leadership qualities. So I could see that as well. Goff is over a year younger than Dak, has won an NFC championship, and beat the Cowboys in every opportunity he's had against them. It would be hard for me to agree that the better QB is "hands down," Dak over Goff.

And even if he was better than those 3, that would put him as the 15th best QB currently. Idk who all is getting kicked out to move him up to 9.

There are also other guys not on my list like Flacco, Trubisky, Darnold, Allen, and Lamar Jackson that certain fans would accept over Dak. 

He is very much in that 14-20 range. 

Dak has 32 wins in 3 yrs 

Cam has 25 wins in 3 yrs

Dak still has the ability to adjust and become much better Cam is at his ceiling.

• Like 1

I'd take Dak in the playoffs anyday cause he always seems to be ready. that being said he has to be consistent enough to reach there through 16 games with less talented players = because of cap space.

that being said whatever i'm concerned about doesnt matter if we nail the draft & get all-stars. but that solution solves any problem.

I think I might sig quote myself. Cause I finally feel I have purely articulated the Dak situation/concern.

All the pressure is on our scouting department.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

We talking next four years to invest 30 mil

Mahomes

Mayfield  - I guess what has he done with the pressure on

Luck.  (Hope no injury)

....  more questions

Wentz. Maybe but he never plays so far

How many more years 

Ben

Rogers

Wilson. - this is close as Dak just out played him

no thank you 

Watson 

Jimmg G

Goff

Fowles 

Cousins

rest too old 

On 3/23/2019 at 10:34 AM, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'd take Dak in the playoffs anyday cause he always seems to be ready. that being said he has to be consistent enough to reach there through 16 games with less talented players = because of cap space.

that being said whatever i'm concerned about doesnt matter if we nail the draft & get all-stars. but that solution solves any problem.

I think I might sig quote myself. Cause I finally feel I have purely articulated the Dak situation/concern.

All the pressure is on our scouting department.

He wasnt ready his last playoff game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, quiller said:

Wilson. - this is close as Dak just out played him

Based on what? Our defense shutting down their running game?

Wilson had a higher QBR that game, no turnovers, and nearly 9 yards per attempt, and a rushing TD.

Dak threw a pick, had a lower QBR, and was almost 7 yards per attempt with a rushing TD.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

His receivers were.

We had a chance to win that game.

That's just stupid, along with your previous quote. Dak has a ways to go and his limitations but that loss was squarely on the defense 100%. Two running backs with over 100 yards. Stop being a hater.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 2