Arthur Smith promoted to OC

deeluxx3

Arthur Smith’s grandfather started Tottle House, one of the first fast-food restaurant chains in America. Arthur is one of nine children of FedEx founder Fred Smith. He grew up in a very

And dag nabbit. He is rich. Lol. He ain't doin this for fame and money. He doing it for the love!  Lol

I’m indifferent about it — not upset or not thrilled. Glad we have some continuity and players don’t have to learn a bunch of new terminology. It’s really up to JROB now to deliver on getting Vrabel and the coaches the players they need to take things to the next level. 

Balls in your court now, JROB. 1-2 impact Free agents and hit on our 1st, 2nd round pick and I’ll be happy. 

Not sure why anyone would be upset about and hate this hire. Sounds like he paid his dues and the players and other coaches love him. Sounds good to me if he has earned it and all that I have read is he has earned it and is sharp. Also even with the mass amount of TE injuries they still performed pretty well last year.

To me with continuity as well for Mariota and others I am all for this hire and support it 100 percent.

I worked myself into a qb coach frenzy with Lombardi and Kafka, but we've all known this was the likely move. 

Continuity is important... And he may have the right plan in place. This is definitely a team move....where a qb whisperer hire would be geared more toward just Mariota. 

I like it... Can't wait to see what pieces they add to the offense this offseason... But I think it's pretty clear well be going 4 TEs this year... Delanie, Jonnu, Pruitt, and probably Firkser. That seems to be a position of strength... And one of familiarity to our new OC. 

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

This is also a key, underrated point...

I was just going to make a similar comment. Aside from Taylor Lewan, the only other constant in Mariota’s career has been Arthur Smith. He’s seen what all the other HC’s, OC’s, and playcallers have tried to do with him first hand which makes him more familiar with him than any other person in the world. The more I think about it the more I like the hire.

I have no issue at all. Maybe next offseason I will, but then again if we could know the future we would never miss on any coach or draft pick. 

Given what I know now...if we were to rewind to last offseason...and if we hired Lefuer again I would be upset. His offense simply didn't offer any scheme upgrade which coralated to increased production. Yet we thought we got the belle of the ball last offseason as far as OC's went.

Smith has definitely paid his dues and maybe I was little too harsh although I still feel it’s a lazy hire. I’d go and say he’s one of best TE coaches in the league. What he did with that group this year after the Delanie injury was damn good coaching. Finally started getting production out of Jonnu before he got injuried. Got production out of a journeyman like Pruitt down the stretch. Firkser improved dramatically over the season. Maybe he’ll do good as a playcaller. Continuity isn’t something I really worried about because I don’t have confidence Marcus will be around here long term.

Archived