Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

4 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

John Ross is said to be available. I wonder what the price would be. He’s fragile like White, but has actually earned (limited) targets when he has played.

The idea of John Ross is far more valuable than the player John Ross IMO. 

17 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

He would be good Taylor Gabriel insurance and has room to grow, if the price were right. Howard for Ross?

I'd keep Howard. He is at least a hard runner and is far more durable. 

Plus Gabriel wasn't really used much deep like we thought he would be anyways. Maybe Nagy adjusts but he was used in the screen and drag game so much he had about 10 ypc. Hardly a burner role. 

I hope to see him and Try connect on some deep routes this next season though. It would open up a LOT for the offense. 

14 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I scouted him heavily in college as I was playing GM that year for Chicago in a GM game for former site.  I put a lot of time into a lot of college guys.  I drafted him in 7th and he was still there.  Obviously IRL we later drafted him in 4th.  

He was a big hitter and play maker in college, but like you said had terrible instincts. . I wanted him based on athletic potential and thought he could be a one day starter.  

Yeah I saw a lot of scouting reports placing him in the 6th round so in reality you weren't off base placing him in the 7th.

We had three 4th round picks and needed DBs and we had a great secondary coach who could teach so maybe Pace reached a bit based on his speed and aggressiveness and was willing to give him a pass on the rest planning on Donatell "fixing" him.

13 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I saw Bush looking like he was an average player the few games he was playing on behalf of Jackson, and as has been said I think he was playing out of position at free safety as well. Let’s also not forget that for the most part Adrian Amos was pretty average too in terms of making the plays he should but not a whole lot of special ones beyond that. 

Amos's game really came up once he had Jackson back there handling the deep stuff.

It's possible Bush may benefit in that same way once he's settled in at SS.  Word is the Bears like him there so we'll see.

Sometimes a change comes out better than we expect.

Before the '85 season Todd Bell who was our starting SS sat out over a contract dispute and put fans in a panic.  Dave Duerson took his place and never lost his starting job again after Bell finally returned.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

For a 6th? Sure...anything more we shouldn't touch him.

It would have to be a 2020 6th since we lack one this year (Mack).

Actually thinking about it I would try to pair a 2020 6th  or 2019 7th and a player together for him. Maybe they need depth at LB and would take Acho off our hands, or they like Sowell as a swing tackle. I personally don't like him near as much due to his injury woes but if Pace and Nagy aren't exactly enthralled with Fitts or Wims then they could make the move to add one of them too.

I prefer the 6th and Acho for the small cap aid it offers.

My favorite would be to drop Chase Daniel's $6 mil for him straight up but they have Dalton, Driskel, and Kayaa. So they are already set on mediocre QB depth. lol

On 27/02/2019 at 5:20 AM, Sugashane said:

I'd keep Howard. He is at least a hard runner and is far more durable. 

Plus Gabriel wasn't really used much deep like we thought he would be anyways. Maybe Nagy adjusts but he was used in the screen and drag game so much he had about 10 ypc. Hardly a burner role. 

I hope to see him and Try connect on some deep routes this next season though. It would open up a LOT for the offense. 

Apparently Howard is being shopped at the combine?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-combine-translating-gm-comments-on-odell-beckham-eli-manning-nick-foles-josh-rosen-derek-carr-and-more/

(A brief aside on other players available ahead of the league year. League sources said the Vikings are shopping corner Trae Waynes, the Bears are shopping running back Jordan Howard, the Chiefs are talking trade on Justin Houston and the Eagles are open to moving Nelson Agholor).

19 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Tony Pauline says the Bears have called about John Ross.

And Cincy denies it.  Not sure why we want a smaller version of Kevin White anyway.

Career Stats;  21 catches/210 yards/10.0 apc/36.2% catch ratio.

I smell another bust.

Archived