Free Agent Rumors

WindyCity

12 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

That's a pretty big position to have a potential liability at though. 

DBs:  You have two pro bowlers in Fuller and Jackson.  You have a solid player in Prince.  I think Bush can step into Amos role nicely, they had him fill in for Jackson last year which is a much harder role to fill and he still did okay.   You have a top young talent in Tolliver who likely takes another step this year. 

Ask yourself this; if Tolliver were in 2019 draft this year after playing 2018 at LSU where does he go?  It's kinda like we already drafted a first or second round corner last year.  How we lucked into that I don't know.  

You have a serviceable veteran in McMannis as depth.  

I think the starters will be okay factoring in Bears front 7 pass rush.  Not perfect, but better than most teams have.  Depth is problem.

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Honestly, if that is the NB market for a guy who isn't even a free agent and who the market cannot even effect then I think the Bears may have a better chance of keeping Amos.

I agree.  But I think that was always the case.  S's are not as valued as corners.  

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Ravens are giving CB Tavon Young a three-year, $25.8 million extension with a max value of $29 million, making him the NFL’s highest-paid nickel back, per source.

- Adam S.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

8.6 to 9.66 per year

Well I guess that may put to rest the thought of Callhan signing for $25-$28 mil for 4 years.

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Honestly, if that is the NB market for a guy who isn't even a free agent and who the market cannot even effect then I think the Bears may have a better chance of keeping Amos.

That may be why we're hearing from Amos that they told him they'd like him back and they working with his agent but we haven't heard the same about Callahan so far.

I could see Pace stretching to $30 mil plus on a 4 year deal for Amos but not for Callahan.

He may have decided to go all out and as high as he can go that way and use McManis and the younger guys we have plus a draftee compete for Callahan's spot.  Though I can't help but feeling is Amos does sign now it's because he's willing to leave some money on the table.

You can't just insert Tolliver who's been on the outside as far as I know since he's been here and probably in college at nickel. Notice how he wasn't playing there when Bryce when down? It's pretty much an isolated position. You can't just slide players there. 

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

...and if the market for Amos starts at the Eric Reid deal (3/22) then I’d rather we roll with McManus and Bush, draft their competition, use that $ to extend Whitehair and collect our round 3/4 comp pick(s) next year. 

Right now we are in the group of teams that can get good players on a deep discount looking to contend for a title in July because of our core roster, and because of that we are much better prepared to not overpay to keep guys who are good-not-great on top value contracts. Amos falls in that category for me. 

Archived