2019 Schedule Discussion

brooks1957

53 minutes ago, buno67 said:

So you rather face the Pats later in the season where the games might have more meaning. 

The game would be hyped up for week1 but not really define the season if they lose

see I rather not have to face the Pats in December with the playoffs on the line. Play week1 and get it over with. If they win, huge boost. If they lose, they just lost to the Pats on ring night. 

Idgaf when we play them. If you wanna win a ring you can’t be afraid to slay the giant.

Youre gonna get their best shot in January, might as well let this young team see what that looks like.

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idgaf when we play them. If you wanna win a ring you can’t be afraid to slay the giant.

Youre gonna get their best shot in January, might as well let this young team see what that looks like.

Yeah idk why people actually think these shortcuts will be better for us in the long run. 

56 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Actually you do GAF about when we play them cause you said you want it being a 1pm game. So you care if it’s Sunday Monday or Thursday night...

3 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Yeah idk why people actually think these shortcuts will be better for us in the long run. 

If we can't measure up to them in September, we sure as hell will not measure up to them in January because...

51 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Youre gonna get their best shot in January

I am all for an early game to get a glitmpse of how much more we have to do, how much farther we need to go.

Maybe it would be a good lesson in how to tackle, if nothing else.

48 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Actually you do GAF about when we play them cause you said you want it being a 1pm game. So you care if it’s Sunday Monday or Thursday night...

GET HIM, BONES!

57 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Gimme the full monty avoid singing U2's "Vertigo" in any public restrooms

giphy.gif

This much is known:

We will play the Patriots in 2019.

We will play them in Gillette Stadium.

The only question yet to be answered is when.

I would prefer not to have to play them on opening weekend when Bill has the choice of reallocating time from training camp to time to prepare for us. However, I would rather play them earlier in the season than later as it was pointed out. This gives us more time to see where we stand and make adjustments.

It's gonna be a tough match up regardless.

I can't remember a time I was more anxious for a schedule release to be honest.  There are actually expectations for the 2019 season, some good matchups, and multiple primetime games ahead.  Things are going to be really fun around here by April. 

19 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

This much is known:

I would prefer not to have to play them on opening weekend when Bill has the choice of reallocating time from training camp to time to prepare for us. However, I would rather play them earlier in the season than later as it was pointed out. This gives us more time to see where we stand and make adjustments.

If we go and beat them it will be the 2nd win against the Pat's since like 2000 I think.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we go and beat them it will be the 2nd win against the Pat's since like 2000 I think.

In 2000 we beat them, the 2nd most recent victory against the Patriots. 

It was Doug Pedersons 2nd greatest victory against the pats. He threw a td to aaron shea for 9 yards.

Travis Prentice had one of his better games going for 84 yards. 

We had an int, from someone d. Holland.

It was against there previous long term starting qb drew Bledsoe. That is the real kicker of our brown balls.

19 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

This much is known:

Opening weekend would give him the least amount of time to properly repair. With Monken in the mix and the way Freddie likes to add wrinkles to his scheme that the opposing team doesn’t know. Week1 match up could be the best. You face them later on in the season. He gets tape of the offense and truly gets to see what Monken and freddie likes to do in a game. Week1, he only gets to go off of preseason

If you’re looking for a win against the Patriots, games 2, 3, and 4 are your best shots. 

The Pats almost never lose opening day, and certainly not at home. But, lately it’s taken them a few weeks to kind of get on track. So, that will be the window of opportunity. 

The Browns will have two things working against them, though. They will be playing in Foxborough, and the Patriots won’t take them lightly. 

As the Browns climb off the dung heap and continue to improve, you’re going to realize more and more that your days of sneaking up on your opponents or being taken lightly are over. Almost every week, the Patriots’ opponents play like they’re in the Super Bowl and there are never any easy games. Any time the final score isn’t close, it’s usually because the Pats pull away in the 4th quarter - after the other team makes some kind of boneheaded mistake, gives up a late score, gets demoralized, and the wheels come off. That happens after they fought tooth and nail for three quarters...

So... I’m looking for the Browns to take the next step and be a tough out this year. I’m predicting a second place finish (by one game), and a severe run at a playoff spot. I can tell you for sure that Cleveland is definitely better than the other three teams in the AFC East, and I think the Browns will go 3-1 vs. the division. Naturally, I hope the Patriots return the favor by smashing up the rest of the North for you. 

One good turn deserves another, right?

23 minutes ago, rfournier103 said:

If you’re looking for a win against the Patriots, games 2, 3, and 4 are your best shots. 

The Pats almost never lose opening day, and certainly not at home. But, lately it’s taken them a few weeks to kind of get on track. So, that will be the window of opportunity. 

The Browns will have two things working against them, though. They will be playing in Foxborough, and the Patriots won’t take them lightly. 

As the Browns climb off the dung heap and continue to improve, you’re going to realize more and more that your days of sneaking up on your opponents or being taken lightly are over. Almost every week, the Patriots’ opponents play like they’re in the Super Bowl and there are never any easy games. Any time the final score isn’t close, it’s usually because the Pats pull away in the 4th quarter - after the other team makes some kind of boneheaded mistake, gives up a late score, gets demoralized, and the wheels come off. That happens after they fought tooth and nail for three quarters...

So... I’m looking for the Browns to take the next step and be a tough out this year. I’m predicting a second place finish (by one game), and a severe run at a playoff spot. I can tell you for sure that Cleveland is definitely better than the other three teams in the AFC East, and I think the Browns will go 3-1 vs. the division. Naturally, I hope the Patriots return the favor by smashing up the rest of the North for you. 

One good turn deserves another, right?

Well I will say is that he Pats rarely lose an opener because majority of the time they open with a division foe. Jets Bills and Miami has pretty much been irrelevant over this Brady/Bill Dynasty.

this is the NFL. The opposing teams don’t treat the pats like they are playing in the Super Bowl. You don’t see a team in week7 who are playing the Pats like it’s their Super Bowl. C’mon. 

Yeah the Browns won’t sneak up on teams but the browns don’t need to win like that. Browns don’t need a team to over look them. Browns have a QB that can potentially beat anyone. Something we have sorely lacked for the past 20years

Archived