2019 Draft Prospects

Johnny Nix

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

I mean...he was...

He had a few good seasons, but if you knew ahead of time that's what you were getting with the #11 pick, you probably wouldn't take him.

But that's besides the point.  I was making a joke, and you took it all serious and stuff.  Ruined it.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

He had a few good seasons, but if you knew ahead of time that's what you were getting with the #11 pick, you probably wouldn't take him.

But that's besides the point.  I was making a joke, and you took it all serious and stuff.  Ruined it.

lol, I know you were making a joke.  But I do think he was #11 overall good at one point.  Panthers signed him to a 6 year $72M contract, and he was 11th in the NFL in sacks from 2011-2014.  I think we might be overvaluing draft picks, but that's quality production IMO for a 1st round pick.  Not everyone is going to be Khalil Mack.

But yes...Geno is the comp I was going for...xD

45 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

No chance now after how he tested. He pretty much cemented his first round status.

Thankfully there's a lot of good talent in this draft.  I just did a mock on TDN where I got Jonah Williams at 1.11 and Chris Lindstrom at 2.42.  Imagine adding those two OL?

I was still able to address LB by getting Germaine Pratt, Blake Cashman, and Terrill Hanks...

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Garrett Bradbury is the guy I hope is there at 42 now.  Plug him in at either C or G and let Price play the other one.

I love it, in theory, and I don't even know who he is!*

You're a sharp guy and seem to think he has potential to play at an adequate to high level at either position. I like having a player at a single position to grow and improve at, as well as for continuity of the unit. But versatility is still preferred for depth and contingencies.

I'm neither sold on not willing to write Price off at center. Options are nice.

*I haven't looked into prospects yet like I have in years past. So currently one of my biggest influences of how I feel about a prospect is how cool their name sounds.

12 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I’ve yet to write off Billy Price. Rookie centers typically struggle and often times play their first year at guard. Not to mention I doubt he was entirely healthy after injuring his pec at the combine.

I agree with you, although since we have a hole at Center and RG, I wouldn't be mad if Price played either of those positions.  There's some stretch blocks that Bradburry can make that Price just can't...

Archived