NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

25 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Not to blow the age argument up but Carson Wentz was considered old coming out. He was 23 when drafted and turned 24 during his rookie year.....

EDIT: I know its not 25 but its a success story for a player that got the "old" tag

Quarterback is different and Wentz  despite being that old didn't have a lot of starting experience from high school to college, so he still had massive growth potential despite being older.

14 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Report: eagles looking to add an impact WR in the draft

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/3/21/17147616/nfl-draft-rumors-insiders-eagles-effort-add-impact-wide-receiver-philadelphia-dj-moore-courtland-wr

“Insiders believe the Eagles will make an effort to add an impact WR in the draft this year. The Eagles re-signed Nigel Bradham, but Jordan Hicks has struggled with injuries, so the Eagles should be looking to at least add depth at LB. The departure of Trey Burton opens up a spot for a combination tight end via the draft. While trading for Jay Ajayistrengthened the RB spot, there is room for more depth at the position.”

DJ Moore please

I don't love Hayden Hurst but as far as the age thing, I don't know how much it would factor in if a player was clearly the best on the board for me.

I'd rather get 5-8 years of really good play from a 25 year old rookie than 10 years + of worse play from a rookie in his early 20's

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Career Tuddies

Chark: 6

DJ Moore: 17

Chark also has 4 rushing TD's and 2 special teams tuddies to add to that.

Career YPC

DJ Chark: 20.5

DJ Moore: 13.9

Looking for the more versatile big play threat opposite Jeffery and that's our boy Chark.

Just now, Jlash said:

Chark also has 4 rushing TD's and 2 special teams tuddies to add to that.

Career YPC

DJ Chark: 20.5

DJ Moore: 13.9

Looking for the more versatile big play threat opposite Jeffery and that's our boy Chark.

Maybe if we trade down in to the mid-late 2nd. Drafting a player in the first who rises because of his speed never turns out well.

My issue with age thing is he has to be at/ or near his peak at 25. You aren't going to get much stronger/faster at 25. Drafting a guy who is 25 if he didn't dominate at the college level he's likely going to be mediocre at the next level. 

Compare him to a young guy as far as measurables

Billy Brown 6'4 255 just turned 25 March according to wiki  4.7/ 23 reps / 29"  

Hayden Hurst 6'4 250 turning 25 in August 4.67/ 31.5"/ 4.37 20yd shuttle 

I haven't seen Hurst's tape but I hear athlete and I don't see why he's rated as high we seen other athletic TEs who can't block that can be had in the 4th 

37 minutes ago, Danger said:

Maybe if we trade down in to the mid-late 2nd. Drafting a player in the first who rises because of his speed never turns out well.

No rebuttal to being more dynamic player and the deep threat we need.

Check...mate.

Archived