NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

1 minute ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I think OL and WR are the two most notable needs currently - assuming Torrey Smith is cut I can see us going WR with out first pick. 

Yeah, I want us to go OL early if there is value there. I still think snagging a RB early would be good, but the way this coaching staff uses RBs makes that seem pretty dumb.

8 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah, I want us to go OL early if there is value there. I still think snagging a RB early would be good, but the way this coaching staff uses RBs makes that seem pretty dumb.

I think you're looking late round for a running back. Taking a shot on a guy that fits what we're looking for - I think Kerryon Johnson would be a great fit but I also think he's going to be drafted in the first three rounds. I think LJ Scott might be that guy in the later rounds for us. 

I think S and LB are also major areas of need. Mcleod I cannot stand. hes not a physical hitter, not a ballhawk, just doesnt do anything great, and doesn't do enough well in my opinion very average. LB need a LB who can actually intercept not drop 2 perfect INT's lol. He picks off a few passes Wentz doesnt get hurt lol. jk jk but i know Hicks would of INT them but he's hurt so need someone IMO. but honestly my needs by priority are:

OT 

LB

WR

RB

10 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I think you're looking late round for a running back. Taking a shot on a guy that fits what we're looking for - I think Kerryon Johnson would be a great fit but I also think he's going to be drafted in the first three rounds. I think LJ Scott might be that guy in the later rounds for us. 

I’d say it’s almost a given that Kerryon will be going in the first 3 rounds. I wouldn’t be unhappy if we took him near the bottom of the 2nd 

• 2 weeks later...

At  LB, I like:

Roquan Smith - Late 1st

Tremaine Edmunds - Mid 2nd

Leighton Vander Esch - Early 3rd. Early/Mid 2nd if he tests well

Malik Jefferson - Late 2nd/Early 3rd based mostly on potential, because I think he plays like a 4/5 rounder

Skai Moore - Mid/Late 3rd as a S/WLB tweener. Late 2nd/Early 3rd if he gains 10 lbs and can be closer to a true WLB

Al-Rasheed Benton - 5th

Genard Avery - 6th.

Edmunds and Vander Esch are my MLB man crushes right now. Would love Skai Moore at WLB if he was just 10 lbs bigger. Roquan is a beast, but Edmunds and Vander Esch are bigger, still very good, and should be available a round or more later.

15 hours ago, Jeezla said:

At  LB, I like:

Roquan Smith - Late 1st

Malik Jefferson - Late 2nd/Early 3rd based mostly on potential, because I think he plays like a 4/5 rounder

Skai Moore - Mid/Late 3rd as a S/WLB tweener. Late 2nd/Early 3rd if he gains 10 lbs and can be closer to a true WLB

Al-Rasheed Benton - 5th

Genard Avery - 6th.

Edmunds and Vander Esch are my MLB man crushes right now. Would love Skai Moore at WLB if he was just 10 lbs bigger. Roquan is a beast, but Edmunds and Vander Esch are bigger, still very good, and should be available a round or more later.

Malik Jefferson is a late 1st/early 2nd rounder. 

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

At  LB, I like:

Roquan Smith - Late 1st

Al-Rasheed Benton - 5th

Genard Avery - 6th.

No Jewell, Evans or Kiser? To me Kiser is the perfect fit for this team at ILB and is the most underrated prospect right now. I see a lot of sources have him going 3rd-5th and I think he's an early day two guy. 

Obviously a stud LB or OT would be nice, but how about going CB?

Hear me out.

I know Mills has looked better last year than this year, but he is still always gonna be limited athletically. The same goes for Douglas, but he's aided more by his length.

We acquired Ronald Darby, but he has flashed the inconsistency which made him a frustrating player in his last year as a Bill. He is also only under contract one more year. 

I think we can pencil Sidney Jones as a starter for years to come, but it would be nice to have someone to pair with him.

The reason I got to thinking about taking a CB obviously stems from Mills and Darby's struggles in recent weeks, but also realizing that Roquan Smith likely won't be in our range and not being sure there is gonna be an offensive tackle still on the board worth our pick. On the other hand there is a lot of talented corners that could be worth that late 1st.

Also, wouldn't be the worst thing having Mills and Douglas as back-ups and also getting practice time at safety (especially for Mills).

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Obviously a stud LB or OT would be nice, but how about going CB?

Hear me out.

You don't need to rationalize this thought - after the past few weeks it's pretty clear that corner-back is still a huge need and something that needs to be addressed early this year. 

49 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We acquired Ronald Darby, but he has flashed the inconsistency which made him a frustrating player in his last year as a Bill. He is also only under contract one more year. 

You know who Darby reminds me of? Al Harris. Not in build or anything, but in his ability to look like complete garbage for stretches and then come up with a brilliant play. I want to say he reminds me of Asante Samuel in that way too, but Samuel was such a weird mix of a student of the game and a crazy gambler it's hard to compare him to others.

40 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You know who Darby reminds me of? Al Harris. Not in build or anything, but in his ability to look like complete garbage for stretches and then come up with a brilliant play. I want to say he reminds me of Asante Samuel in that way too, but Samuel was such a weird mix of a student of the game and a crazy gambler it's hard to compare him to others.

both of those guys did have dreadlocks so good comparisons 

Archived