NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

I don't want Roquan. He needs to play WLB imo, and that's also where I think Hicks needs to be. We need a MLB with more size and ability to stack and shed, like Vander Esch or Tremaine Edmunds, then we can move Hicks to WLB where he will take less of a beating.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Trot was garbage then?

Trot sucked vs the pass. Totally one dimensional. I've always said he was overrated as hell. Great run defender. Complete liability in coverage. Prime Trotter would get schooled vs current Brent Celek in coverage.

We absolutely should not go WR in round 1. There's just not a whole lot separating the #2 or #3 WR from the #10 WR imo.

We almost have to trade down due to our limited cap room. We aren't going to be able sign any good FA's, so we need like 4 draft picks to contribute as rookies if we want to keep this division on lock and put an end to the revolving door of NFCE champs. And we really need to try and improve our backup QB situation with one of those picks. We need to stop shelling out 4+ mill a season for Nick Foles/Chase Daniels caliber bums, and groom a rook with some arm talent and athleticism to succeed should Wentz get hurt again, all while making about 600K a season.

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We absolutely should not go WR in round 1. There's just not a whole lot separating the #2 or #3 WR from the #10 WR imo.

We almost have to trade down due to our limited cap room. We aren't going to be able sign any good FA's, so we need like 4 draft picks to contribute as rookies if we want to keep this division on lock and put an end to the revolving door of NFCE champs. And we really need to try and improve our backup QB situation with one of those picks. We need to stop shelling out 4+ mill a season for Nick Foles/Chase Daniels caliber bums, and groom a rook with some arm talent and athleticism to succeed should Wentz get hurt again, all while making about 600K a season.

As much as we disagree, I'm on board with all of this.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I don't want Roquan. He needs to play WLB imo, and that's also where I think Hicks needs to be. We need a MLB with more size and ability to stack and shed, like Vander Esch or Tremaine Edmunds, then we can move Hicks to WLB where he will take less of a beating.

Disagree with this.

Roquan would be a very good MLB. He might be an even better WLB and the same could be said for Hicks, but that doesn't mean they can't play in the middle. They are both very smart instinctive players that while not the best shedders can find their way to the ball carrier.

The game is moving away from the big MLBs of the past with how pass-centric the league has become and how you need a MLB that can really cover, especially in a 4-3. They have to cover the most ground of any LB. I mean if you can find an instinctive LB that has great size and impressive athleticism, then you hit the gold mine. Those guys like Luke Kuechly are very rare though.

If anything the LB that needs to be bigger and able to shed the best is the SLB, but really all the LB positions in our defense will have to take on blockers at the 2nd level more than most defenses since its so predicated on getting penetration up the field.

With that said, I agree with @Jeezla that Vander Esch and Edmunds need to be guys we are looking at in round 1.

In the limited amount I've watched they both really flashed. 

The way Edmunds moves at his size is crazy. He could really be the prototype 4-3 SAM LB with his size and athleticism.

Even crazier than that is his age.

That means Tremaine Edmunds will still be 19 years old on draft day which is insane.

Archived