NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

Moving on from Peters...well Vaitai has played 16 games the last two years, and so far they haven't done anything but occasionally practice Lane at LT. 

I think it will be a vet ala Will Beatty backing up Vaitai unless someone falls to our lap with that first rounder. 

5 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I think it will be a vet ala Will Beatty backing up Vaitai unless someone falls to our lap with that first rounder.

Vaitai's ceiling is a good back up/spot player. He can't be kept over there to protect Carson's blind side going forward. They'll need someone else over there.

19 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I agree his play makes us question his ability to be a starter but those are our opinions. They could've easily put Vaitai out to RT (where he played what 10 games to spell Lane) and moved Johnson over to LT.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, but no matter what side he's on he needs to be improved upon.

18 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

As far as signing our draft picks, that's not a worry, There will be more then enough room for that. Almost all rookie contracts count less then a Million for the 1st year due to bonuses and guarantees. 

Erm...No?

Carson alone counted for 4.85 Mil his rookie year and when we win the Superb Owl this year our first rounder will cost ~1.7 mil.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/carson-wentz-18950/

https://overthecap.com/draft/

39 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I agree his play makes us question his ability to be a starter but those are our opinions. They could've easily put Vaitai out to RT (where he played what 10 games to spell Lane) and moved Johnson over to LT.

To be fair, he wasn't great at RT either. I don't think you can be confident in a Johnson/Vaitai tackle combo in 2018.

6 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Erm...No?

Carson alone counted for 4.85 Mil his rookie year and when we win the Superb Owl this year our first rounder will cost ~1.7 mil.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/carson-wentz-18950/

https://overthecap.com/draft/

Have to remember the major differences between #2 pick and say #29-31

2016:

Robert Nkemdiche #29th pick - $1,563,745

Vernon Butler #30th Pick - $1,526,639

Germaine Ifedi #31st Pick - $1,502,746

2017:

David Njoku #29th Pick - $1,731,835

T. J. Watt #30th Pick - $1,683,376

Reuben Foster #31st Pick - $1,642,783

After looking I was off by a little, But not too far off, So Roughly 1.8 Million, Which isn't a big deal and can easily be made. 

8 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Good job but...let's be serious we don't value that position that high. 

I mean Howie took Marcus Smith in round 1 (although he was a 3-4 OLB) and Mychal Kendricks with the 14th pick in the 2nd round.

Joe Douglas wasn't the GM in Baltimore, but during his time there they selected two LBs in round 1 and two LBs in round 2.

Screen-Shot-2017-04-06-at-16.15.19-1.png

So, I'm not sure how you know how our personnel guys value the position.

Howie as GM has only doubled up on one position in the first round and that is DE with Graham and Barnett.

He's gone Graham (DE), Watkins (OG), Cox (DT), Johnson (OT), Smith (OLB), Wentz (QB), and Barnett (DE).

Not sure we can make definite conclusions here.

On 12/01/2018 at 9:48 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean Howie took Marcus Smith in round 1 (although he was a 3-4 OLB) and Mychal Kendricks with the 14th pick in the 2nd round.

Joe Douglas wasn't the GM in Baltimore, but during his time there they selected two LBs in round 1 and two LBs in round 2.

Screen-Shot-2017-04-06-at-16.15.19-1.png

So, I'm not sure how you know how our personnel guys value the position.

Howie as GM has only doubled up on one position in the first round and that is DE with Graham and Barnett.

He's gone Graham (DE), Watkins (OG), Cox (DT), Johnson (OT), Smith (OLB), Wentz (QB), and Barnett (DE).

Not sure we can make definite conclusions here.

I agree.  We can't make conclusions from the Reid era where he didn't like LBs.

Archived