NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

14 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Is there nothing more annoying than watching Saban throw fits on the sidelines? I have no idea why recruits, besides playing for the best team in college football and all, want to play for that guy. Exactly opposite for what I look for in a leader. 

10 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

dat hardware doe

Yea I mean the guys track record sells itself. Good chance he puts you in the pros.

I think we are in need of a title change, because as much as I like this RB class.... I highly doubt RB is gonna be the pick in the 1st round.

That likely went right out the window when we traded for Ajayi who is under contract for cheap on his rookie deal in 2018.

Running back in the first round is usually a luxury, but it would really be a luxury for us heading into the 2018 season.

At linebacker we have Hicks who is coming off either his 3rd, 4th, or 5th major injury dating back to college. Honestly I've lost track. He's a very good player, great leader, and I hope he can stay healthy moving forward, but at this point you have to be at least a little skeptical. Kendricks played better this year which was nice, but after next season he will be making 8.6 million and will only have a 1.6 million cap hit, so we could save 7 million cutting him in 2019. Besides if we don't cut him after next season, then I highly doubt he's getting another contract from the Eagles after 2019. Finally, we come to Bradham whose future is the most in question as he's a free agent this offseason. We just shelled out a lot money to Jeffery and Jernigan which puts us as one of the most cash strapped teams in the league. Nigel is a good player, but he will be 29 years old at the start of next season and I'm sure this is likely his last chance to really get paid. Other teams will definitely have more money to offer him and we also have Hicks to think about who will be a free agent next year and is almost 3 years younger than Bradham.

Then, at tackle we have no clue what is gonna happen with Peters. Does he retire? Will he be the same if he comes back after a major injury as he's nearing 36 years of age? His replacement is Vaitai who I think we would all rather have as a back-up swing tackle than a starter going forward. On top of that there is absolutely nobody at tackle besides Vaitai and Johnson if Peters doesn't come back. A high pick needs to be used for a tackle whether its this year or next.

13 minutes ago, Phire said:

suggest them and I'll make the magic happen

It's hard cause we can't really use a "suck for/4" pun anymore cause we are going to be picking in the mid 20s at the very earliest.

Here are some names of guys at OT and LB we should likely be hoping for: Roquan Smith, Rashaan Evans, Tremaine Edmunds, Connor Williams, Martinas Rankin

Someone more clever than I am can have at it

Archived