NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Looking forward to Patriot picking at ends of rounds for those guys that fall for no reason. Just sit and swoop in on guys for luxury. Howie's gotta a real good chance of building quite a dynasty. 

Yea as long as you pick the right guys, that's all well and good.

20 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yea as long as you pick the right guys, that's all well and good.

I think that goes for everyone, every year. No matter where you pick. 

Im just saying, it's nice to have a foundation set for a while and just reload without really having to hit on needs. Just focus on getting impact players and some OL is really their only job. Be nice to grab a, let's say a speed WR, impact safety and not HAVE to hit on them. And it'll do wonders for the cap. 

Tremaine Edmunds ranked as the 3rd overall player in Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 behind only Saquon Barkley and Quenton Nelson. 

Welp..... guess the dream of him falling to us at the end of the 1st is gonna die.

edmunds-tremaine-180123-200x200.jpg

Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

Edmunds has a unique blend of size, length and athleticism. He primarily lines up off the line of scrimmage, but does get some work rushing off the edge. Against the run, he is quick to key, fill and finish as a tackler. He has rare lateral range and collects tackles from sideline to sideline. The former Hokie flashes the ability to shoot his hands and play off blocks, but this is one area where he can improve. Against the pass, he easily mirrors running backs and tight ends; there are even examples of him matching up and redirecting vs. slot receivers. He offers tremendous upside as an edge rusher, where he can dip/rip and bend around the edge. Overall, Edmunds has All-Pro ability. His upside is outrageous.

Not that I'm too surprised. I kinda figured he would sky rocket through the draft process anyways.

2 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Rashaan Evans would be nice in this defense

Would be nice to bring in guys in this defense with a lot of energy. We already have that. I'm just thinking in terms of sustaining the energy years on end and avoiding complacency.

Yep. Love the tone he sets with his physical play. Read that he stepped up as a leader at Bama too.

Schwartz doesn't blitz a lot, but man he definitely should do it a bit more if he is able to get his hands on Evans.

I definitely am hoping for him or Vander Esch now that it appears we won't have a chance at Edmunds.

With that said, I'm not sure he'll fall to us even though Kiper mocked him at #28 to the Steelers.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

where talent wise is Shaquem Griffen going?

No clue

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Is it more talent or not having a hand that has people talking about him so much?

I think its both.

Didn't watch a lot of him, but from the very few live games I've seen he seems like he has good instincts and athleticism. 

He weighed in at the Senior Bowl and was only like 223 lbs (I think?) which is closer to the size of a safety.

Even if he doesn't pan out at LB he can probably be a great special teams player.

Archived