NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

1 hour ago, mm6492 said:

Slightly biased as PSU fan here, but definitely think Gesicki goes earlier. Can't really block but his measurables as a receiver are gonna make a team take him earlier. 

All of these guys could go a round earlier, but you never know! I'll flip him and Tre'Quan so it looks slightly more feasible.

And re-posting since it got paged

Trade Down Dream Mock (Subject to change)

Draft

2 Leighton Vander Esch LB

3 Jessie Bates S

3 Mike Gesicki TE

4 Tre'Quan Smith WR

4 Andrew Brown DT 

5 Joseph Noteboom OT

5 Wyatt Teller LG

5 Taron Johnson CB

6 Daurice Fountain WR

7 Chase Litton QB

UDFA

P Johnny Townsend

LB Genard Avery

LB Al-Rasheed Benton

LB Frank Ginda

CB Darious Williams

CB Greg Stroman

CB Parry Nickerson

RB Martez Carter

Starting to dislike the idea of trading down...We have a ton of guys under contract adding more young guys will likely push guys off the PS. We have 65 guys under contract for 2018 

If anything trade down for picks next year.  2019 we have 46

On 2/28/2018 at 10:18 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Received a PM from an old friend who wanted me to post this.:

The Power Elite Combine OL Big Board

1. Jaryd Jones-Smith from Pitt: 36' 1/4"

Image result for jaryd jones-smith

Just take a look at those flesh hoses coming from #75s sleeves. With arms that long you could do anything, retrieve a coin dropped in the sewer, etc.

Ok I miss PE. Those arms come down to his knees! 

14 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I was thinking guard at 360+ but dayum. I hope his ProDay is late to give him enough time to correct some of these caution flags. 

He weighed in at 345 lbs. Same as what he's listed on Oklahoma's website.

Should absolutely not move inside to guard. He has great length that he can utilize to make up somewhat for his heavy feet. 

He doesn't have good lateral quicks and being so tall he has leverage issues which would get exposed by interior defensive linemen.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

He weighed in at 345 lbs. Same as what he's listed on Oklahoma's website.

Should absolutely not move inside to guard. He has great length that he can utilize to make up somewhat for his heavy feet. 

He doesn't have good lateral quicks and being so tall he has leverage issues which would get exposed by interior defensive linemen.

NFL combine website needs to update their stuff. I haven't watched much of his tape, I can't image him being even a RT if he's heavy footed. 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I really don't love our options at tackle in the first round except for maybe like Connor Williams.

Mike McGlinchey is good and pro-ready, but not sure he has a high ceiling.

With how good the rest of the line would be around him, is that the worst thing to be?

It's not like he would have to come in an be the savior of our line. He'd be working with 3 Pro Bowl players in Lane, Kelce and Brooks and a very good player in Wiz. Really you just need someone better than Vatai.  

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

With how good the rest of the line would be around him, is that the worst thing to be?

It's not like he would have to come in an be the savior of our line. He'd be working with 3 Pro Bowl players in Lane, Kelce and Brooks and a very good player in Wiz. Really you just need someone better than Vatai.  

Didn't they think that same thing with the fireman?? 

He's surrounded by All-Pro's Peters/Kelce?

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I really don't love our options at tackle in the first round except for maybe like Connor Williams.

Mike McGlinchey is good and pro-ready, but not sure he has a high ceiling.

Don't really want a Tackle in the first, but if we trade down I certainly think Kolton Miller would be a good option.

Archived