2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Does the 4.7 for Hockenson drop the hype a bit? It’s still a good time but is it a top ten time for a TE?

It's a normal time for a tight end, IMO.  Hype for Hock is based on the Gronk comparisons (Gronk was 4.68 IIRC); that he's effectively an extra OL who can catch and run good routes.

I mean, sure Gronk was a 2nd round pick but he also didn't play the previous year because of a degenerative back condition.  If he didn't have that, he might have been a top 10 guy too.)

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Does the 4.7 for Hockenson drop the hype a bit? It’s still a good time but is it a picked in the top ten time for a TE?

Nah that's well in range. Most of the hype about Hockenson isn't based around his athleticism to be fair.

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Nah that's well in range. Most of the hype about Hockenson isn't based around his athleticism to be fair.

I think some people were just confused about "Hock is ranked above Fant, so he should be better at all things" which isn't the case if you've like "watched an Iowa game" (they go fast, the clock doesn't stop much; I recommend it.)  If you're looking for a deep threat, seam splitter, open field runner who is an adequate blocker- that guy is Noah Fant.

Just now, goldfishwars said:

He was great in the gauntlet drills, seemed to have an issue tracking deep balls. 

The first one he tracked fine it was just overthrown a bit and had to make a diving catch. 

This last drill though tracking toward the sideline over the outside shoulder was horrible

Archived