2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

I don't believe there really is a difference between "official" and "unofficial" times, except for official record keeping for the Combine (i.e. how we know John Ross beat Chris Johnson's record.)

Doesn't the combine packet that goes out to teams have a bunch of times for each run?

11 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

What do you mean by salvage? I just woke up 👀 

I think it's just "if he wants to go before either of the two Iowa guys" which he probably won't.  Short tight ends are an acquired taste, anyway; bunch of teams have little to no use for one.

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Metcalf had 27 reps with almost 35" arms. Shouldn't be surprised, but still that's damn good.

Harry also had 27 reps with 33" arms. Hot dang.

Hunter Renfrow 7 reps with 29 1/8" arms. C'mon man.

As someone who's really into bench pressing, I think arm length is an overrated aspect of benching, IMO. If Harry had 34" arms, maybe he does 1 less rep? No big deal. I didn't look at this year's performances, but they usually seem to be bouncing that bar off the chest pretty good.

15 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

As someone who's really into bench pressing, I think arm length is an overrated aspect of benching, IMO. If Harry had 34" arms, maybe he does 1 less rep? No big deal. I didn't look at this year's performances, but they usually seem to be bouncing that bar off the chest pretty good.

If you look at top bench rep numbers over the last decade, almost everyone that has ever put up 40+ reps has 32" or shorter arms. Shorter arms travel less distance. 

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Jordan Reed came in at the same height and 6 pounds lighter. Irv is faster too. I think he will be alright. 

It's mostly just an issue of "keeping as many hands in the pot as you can".  Some teams are just going to disqualify him based on the height, some aren't.  Doesn't mean he won't be a good player; teams are just persnickety about thresholds sometimes.

Archived