2019 Hall of Fame class announced

Apparition

5 minutes ago, areksoo said:

Probably because:

3 SB > 1 SB

5 Pro Bowls > 4 Pro Bowls

2 First team All Pros > 1 Second team All Pro

2 years led league in INT > 1 year led league in Yards

Doesn't change the fact that Bruce was #2 all time in receiving yards when he retired. Ty Law wasn't even close to the top 10 in career Ints. Bruce deserves to be there a lot more than Law. Then again, I should expect this. How many players have a top 5 receiving season of all time and don't make the Pro Bowl or All Pro team? And he did that while catching passes from nobody QBs.

2 minutes ago, areksoo said:

Probably because:

3 SB > 1 SB

5 Pro Bowls > 4 Pro Bowls

2 First team All Pros > 1 Second team All Pro

2 years led league in INT > 1 year led league in Yards

Let’s not ignore Bruce’s 1995 campaign where he caught 119 for 1781 and 13 TDs while catching passes from Chris Miller and a well past his prime Mark Rypien and was omitted from the Pro Bowl

Or his 2004 season where he was also passed up for the Pro Bowl in the NFC that was loaded with WR talent despite catching 89 for 1292 and 6 TDs.  Meanwhile in the AFC, Andre Johnson made it with 79/1142/6 and Hines Ward made it with 80/1004/4 (as a matter of fact, why did Rod Smith not make it that year either)

Im not saying Ty Law doesn’t deserve the HOF, but the argument for Bruce over Law is definitely closer than you think

But what people should actually be upset about is that Edge has no shot of getting in any time soon and it’s kind of a joke.  I ranked him #20 in my all time list of underrated players for this reason.  He was a top 3-4 RB in the league in his prime with 4 seasons of 1500+ yards and 6 of 1200+ yards (including his 2003 season where he missed 3 games) with over 12000 yards for his career and nobody cares because he left the Colts the year before they won the Super Bowl so it’s almost as if his contributions to that team were forgotten over time by everyone outside of Indy

3 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Im not saying Ty Law doesn’t deserve the HOF, but the argument for Bruce over Law is definitely closer than you think

I never said it was or wasn't close.  Or that Isaac Bruce doesn't deserve to get in or not.  It was merely in response to the below which you'd think there was a massive gap between Bruce and Law.

Personally, I think these guys are really close in their respective positions.  Both are fringe top 10 all time in their positions.  Neither would make anyone's Top 5 list, but both deserving of the HoF.  

56 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Total BS that Isaac Bruce got snubbed. How the hell does Ty Law get in over Bruce? Garbage. Total garbage.

1 minute ago, areksoo said:

I never said it was or wasn't close.  Or that Isaac Bruce doesn't deserve to get in or not.  It was merely in response to the below which you'd think there was a massive gap between Bruce and Law.

Personally, I think these guys are really close in their respective positions.  Both are fringe top 10 all time in their positions.  Neither would make anyone's Top 5 list, but both deserving of the HoF.  

The difference between the two is Bruce being #2 all time in receiving yardage when he retired. There's no justification for him to not make it when Law does. It's just silly at this point. It speaks to how perpetually overlooked Bruce was during his career and still is.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The difference between the two is Bruce being #2 all time in receiving yardage when he retired. There's no justification for him to not make it when Law does. It's just silly at this point. It speaks to how perpetually overlooked Bruce was during his career and still is.

You compared that to Law not being top 10 in INTs, that just shows your bias. You are smart enough to know INTs and stats in general are a terrible guide in determining how good a CB is. Your bringing up Bruce being #2 in yards but you know there is no comparable way to measure a CB. It speaks to how perpetually homeristic you are to even moderately good Rams (not saying Bruce was only moderately good).

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Or Ronde Barber.

Give it time. The Pats won 3 out 4 SBs mainly on the back of their defense. Ty Law being the best of that defense (maybe you could argue Seymour). In fact other than those two none of them deserve it.

The Bucs had a legendary defense and led them to 1 SB. They already have two representatives with Sapp and Brooks. And based on voting it seems like the writers think Lynch is the next of that defense in line.

They are pretty close. And this one is about spreading the wealth.

11 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Give it time. The Pats won 3 out 4 SBs mainly on the back of their defense. Ty Law being the best of that defense (maybe you could argue Seymour). In fact other than those two none of them deserve it.

The Bucs had a legendary defense and led them to 1 SB. They already have two representatives with Sapp and Brooks. And based on voting it seems like the writers think Lynch is the next of that defense in line.

They are pretty close. And this one is about spreading the wealth.

I wouldn't expect Ronde to be first ballot or anything. But his numbers, the defenses he was a major part of, and the Super Bowl ring he has should help.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wouldn't expect Ronde to be first ballot or anything. But his numbers, the defenses he was a major part of, and the Super Bowl ring he has should help.

Oh, yeah. I'm not arguing that he isn't a hall of famer. Or has an argument as being better than Law. Just that your original comment seemed to suggest is was unreasonable for Law to go in over him. They are close and they probably feel it's time to start recognizing one of the Pats of that dynasty. And they don't actually have many options.

49 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Let’s not ignore Bruce’s 1995 campaign where he caught 119 for 1781 and 13 TDs while catching passes from Chris Miller and a well past his prime Mark Rypien and was omitted from the Pro Bowl

Or his 2004 season where he was also passed up for the Pro Bowl in the NFC that was loaded with WR talent despite catching 89 for 1292 and 6 TDs.  Meanwhile in the AFC, Andre Johnson made it with 79/1142/6 and Hines Ward made it with 80/1004/4 (as a matter of fact, why did Rod Smith not make it that year either)

But what people should actually be upset about is that Edge has no shot of getting in any time soon and it’s kind of a joke.  I ranked him #20 in my all time list of underrated players for this reason.  He was a top 3-4 RB in the league in his prime with 4 seasons of 1500+ yards and 6 of 1200+ yards (including his 2003 season where he missed 3 games) with over 12000 yards for his career and nobody cares because he left the Colts the year before they won the Super Bowl so it’s almost as if his contributions to that team were forgotten over time by everyone outside of Indy

I think people have forgotten about Edge because of him playing with all those immaculate passing offenses with Peyton. Like he very, very rarely had to run up against an 8 man box. Everyone was constantly dropping into coverage. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Total BS that Isaac Bruce got snubbed.

Not sure how Bruce got snubbed.

If Tim Brown and Cris Carter had to wait 5 years after eligibility to get inducted and Andre Red had to wait 8, then Bruce damn sure didn't deserve it after only 4.

16 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Not sure how Bruce got snubbed.

If Tim Brown and Cris Carter had to wait 5 years after eligibility to get inducted and Andre Red had to wait 8, then Bruce damn sure didn't deserve it after only 4.

This is a bad argument. Carter and Brown being shafted isn't a good reason to shaft Bruce. It's like that silly argument MLB voters used to make about not letting guys be unanimous first-ballot HOFers.

53 minutes ago, mse326 said:

You compared that to Law not being top 10 in INTs, that just shows your bias. You are smart enough to know INTs and stats in general are a terrible guide in determining how good a CB is. Your bringing up Bruce being #2 in yards but you know there is no comparable way to measure a CB. It speaks to how perpetually homeristic you are to even moderately good Rams (not saying Bruce was only moderately good).

He brought up Ints, dude. Try familiarizing yourself with a conversation before coming in guns blazing and making a fool of yourself.

Archived