Coach Flores introduced as new head coach

ericsvibe

If you have time to watch the press conference, you will quickly identify the qualities that Coach Flores brings to the table. His press conference wasn't a hype session, it was very serious, in many ways reflects the character of our new head coach. Flores spoke about his core beliefs, and what you can expect from the Dolphins moving forward. Flores was very clear when he stated that any person involved in this organization will have a team first attitude. He said that there won't be any room for individuals. He said that he is very demanding, he isn't the type of person who tolerates excuse making, or pointing fingers. He said the success of the organization is on the shoulders of every person in the building, and that the team is only as good as it's weakest link. In his follow up interview, he said that work ethic, to him, is the most important trait. He said that his demand for cohesion and unity goes beyond the football field. He firmly believes that what you do in your personal life affects your professional life. He said he doesn't have all of the answers, and he isn't afraid to ask for help. These are the words that come to mind after watching the press conference, an interview. Flores is very grounded in family, he believes that no one is more important that the team. He is humble, demanding, he expects 100% from everyone. He doesn't tolerate jokers and those who refuse to take responsibility for their actions. He is very rigid, he doesn't appear to be one to allow second chances. He is very serious when it comes to work. He is internally driven, when asked about winning the superbowl, his response was that he kissed his wife on the field, and then got ready to come to Miami. Flores stopped the press conference so that his young daughter could ask him a question, again showing how much importance he places on his family. There are going to be a ton of players shown the door this offseason, not many of the current Dolphins that can live up to his requirements. He is basically Cam Wake as a head coach.

• Like 2

As I have had a couple weeks to soak this hire in I have warmed up to the idea that after Arians this was probably the best hire. I do not count the Harbaughs because I do not know if they were ever actually and option.

I will keep an open and positive outlook for the Dolphins future until proven other wise.

Go Fins! 

12 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

As I have had a couple weeks to soak this hire in I have warmed up to the idea that after Arians this was probably the best hire. I do not count the Harbaughs because I do not know if they were ever actually and option.

I will keep an open and positive outlook for the Dolphins future until proven other wise.

Go Fins! 

I still wanted Kris Richard, but seeing the defensive masterpiece he helped orchestrate in the Super Bowl has made me slightly more optimistic.

I still fully expect we'll be horrible in 2019... but maybe 2020 could be bright.

1 hour ago, Jtownsfine5t said:

Of the eight NFL head coaches hired this winter, Dolphins’ HC Brian Flores was the only one to receive five fully-guaranteed years, per source. Other HC deals were mainly four years, plus a team option for a fifth.

-Adam Schefter 

FailFish

At least coach contracts don't count against the salary cap.

21 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

If you have time to watch the press conference, you will quickly identify the qualities that Coach Flores brings to the table. His press conference wasn't a hype session, it was very serious, in many ways reflects the character of our new head coach. Flores spoke about his core beliefs, and what you can expect from the Dolphins moving forward. Flores was very clear when he stated that any person involved in this organization will have a team first attitude. He said that there won't be any room for individuals. He said that he is very demanding, he isn't the type of person who tolerates excuse making, or pointing fingers. He said the success of the organization is on the shoulders of every person in the building, and that the team is only as good as it's weakest link. In his follow up interview, he said that work ethic, to him, is the most important trait. He said that his demand for cohesion and unity goes beyond the football field. He firmly believes that what you do in your personal life affects your professional life. He said he doesn't have all of the answers, and he isn't afraid to ask for help. These are the words that come to mind after watching the press conference, an interview. Flores is very grounded in family, he believes that no one is more important that the team. He is humble, demanding, he expects 100% from everyone. He doesn't tolerate jokers and those who refuse to take responsibility for their actions. He is very rigid, he doesn't appear to be one to allow second chances. He is very serious when it comes to work. He is internally driven, when asked about winning the superbowl, his response was that he kissed his wife on the field, and then got ready to come to Miami. Flores stopped the press conference so that his young daughter could ask him a question, again showing how much importance he places on his family. There are going to be a ton of players shown the door this offseason, not many of the current Dolphins that can live up to his requirements. He is basically Cam Wake as a head coach.

Demanding is my favorite trait mentioned. Get the most out of your players by demanding it and challenging them day in day out. Otherwise they will become stagnant and lazy!

contracts mean nothing for coaches other then money coming out of the owners pocket. Steve Wilks had a 4 year contract and only lasted 1 year, which reminds me of Flores. Both were positional coaches with no experience as a Coordinator. They become a coordinator for 1 year then jump ship to be HC. Both were stuck with an impossible task with high expectations. Hopefully Flores gets a full shot for phins fans and not just hope for the best. I see them being like the Jets and Bills where they need a total rebuild and it definitely will take time my guess 3 years to start contending if he is a legit coach of the franchise. 

I would be concerned that Grier may not have that much time since he has been the phins GM for awhile even though Tannenbaum was the one running the show. Ross best chance is to give them atleast 3 years and not call it quits before then.

Edited by soflbillsfan

• 2 years later...
On 2/4/2019 at 7:37 PM, Dolphinmeister said:

Go Fins! 

I knew back then that Bruce Arians was the best coach available I cannot even remember if Miami had a shot to get him but if they did that was another big miss. The above was a post I made after Flores was hired.