TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

1 hour ago, SwedeCane said:

Apple is slipping behind. Got to be more creative with their new phones. But they will sell either way just because it's an iPhone.

I'm happy with my Galaxy Edge S7.

Apple has been lame since Tim Cook took over. Stupid touch strip on new MacBook is lolzy. I also don't need facial recognition for my poop emoji.

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Nope, have not. Would love to go one day though.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Nope, want to get up there to visit those northern countries though...southern Europe is not really my jam

I can recommand a visit in the summer.

Do you have some unknow gem that you recommend in US? Mostly I have been to the bigger cities on my visits.

34 minutes ago, SwedeCane said:

I can recommand a visit in the summer.

Do you have some unknow gem that you recommend in US? Mostly I have been to the bigger cities on my visits.

List what cities you've been to, what you liked, what you didn't like, what your hobbies are etc. because there's a looooot to do and see here haha

44 minutes ago, Phire said:

List what cities you've been to, what you liked, what you didn't like, what your hobbies are etc. because there's a looooot to do and see here haha

Well. I love sports, and by sports I mean the most of them. So a city with at least one pro team in the four big sports (Football, basketball, hockey and baseball) has an attraction to me. Since I'm single I'd rather go watch a game on the evenings than sitting in a fancy restaurant. Although I won't back down from great food. Other things I like to do is go to shows or concerts. I love to learn history about the mankind and our technological developments. So museums is one thing I often find myself visiting on my trips. As my dad is a car mechanic I love cars, and mostly racing cars.

Things I prefere not to do is sunbathe all day long. I'm too restless to do that. And if I want just that I could go to the Canary Islands or Greece. The museums I'm not interested in is the art museums. I'm not in to arts at all. (And by arts I mean like paintings and that kind of stuff.)

I have no problem driving myself, but I don't want to drive too long distances. The big cities with great public transportation do have an advantage but you miss out on a lot of goodies that way. Because I grew up in the countryside in Sweden I would love to some day visit a national park in the northern part of your country. See the wildlife and so forth. But I'm not a camper so no camping.

New York. I love the place. There is always something to do and new places to find. Real easy to get where you want by either the Subway or by bus. The downside is that it's pretty expensive. (Manhattan)

Chicago. Love this city as well. Can't exactly explain why. Might be that o lot of the sports fans I have met in the city is really passionate about their teams. It has some interesting architecture. The city history is interesting as well. There Is water close by and there is some nice parks.

Washington. A nations capital is almost always interesting. Loads of stuff to see there with the Capitol, the White House and so forth. 

Las Vegas. If you want to party and have the time of your life for a weekend this is your place. I did have fun on the strip but I found other parts of the city less fun and really not much to do. But will probably go back when the Raiders are there. A weekend with gambling, a Raiders game and a Vegas Golden Knights (NHL) game sounds ok to me.

Atlanta. When I was there the College Football Hall of Fame museum wasn't finished so that will probably lure me back. Did take a tour in CNN and Coca Cola museum. Since the city has hosted the Olympics I found that part of the city pretty interesting as well.

Charlotte. I was there for two things. A football game and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Did not see a lot of the city since I was there like 30 hours.

Florida.  I have not been everywhere in the state. But south of Daytona I have been to the most places worth notice. Have done some of the parks in Orlando, have done Kennedy Space Center, have done the swamps, have been to Miami, have been to the Keys. Even did Tampa. 

Philadelphia. Of course I have been to Philly. The sad part is that I caught the flu the day before I arrived so the days there could have been better. I was there last year from Thanksgiving to after the Monday Night Game against the Packers. I did two Flyers games (against the Rangers and Flames), two Sixers games (against Bulls and Cavs) and the MNF. I did take a short tour around the city to see things like the Rocky Steps, the City Hall and the Liberty Bell. But since I was ill I did not do so much more than that and the games. 

As you see my trips has mostly been to big cities with good public transportation. That's the easy thing to do since I travel a lot by myself. 

The west coast is on my mind and I will probably do a trip there some day. The Pro Football Hall of Fame is in my plans as well but the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto is higher on the list. I really would love to go to a "college town" with a big football school. (Not Gainesville and Tallahassee).Austin maybe? Or would you count that as too big to be called a college town.

@SwedeCane Dang, you've been all over the place. You've probably seen more of my own country.

I haven't been to Austin but everybody I know who has been there has very high remarks. Maybe our Texan friend can tell you more about Austin and Texas in general. @Matts4313

Definitely don't go to Gainesville or Tallahassee, or at least, don't center your trip around it. I would only do those places if it was a big college gameday and you could tailgate all day. Otherwise, there isn't a whole lot to do.

It seems like the west coast is where you might want to go. A city in California or Seattle. I think @Jeezla and @TheRealMcCoy are our California people.

I will personally vouch for Nashville, Tennessee. I went for the first time a few months ago, and it was amazing. They have the Predators (NHL) and the Titans of course. Not a "big" college football but they have Vanderbilt there. It was a very safe and fun city and the demographics were mostly younger people. I don't know about museums, but Nashville is famous for the music industry (country music mostly) and whether you like country or not, it makes for a great atmosphere. I don't listen to country music but still had a blast. We had cars and used Uber or Lyft to get around, and I'm not sure public transport is available. Honestly using one of those ride-sharing apps is probably easier these days anyways.

Pittsburgh ain't bad either if you like Pennsylvania.

Lots of great cities between the coasts too... Denver, Boulder, Vegas, New Orleans, etc.