TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

A shame Liangelo Ball got sent back to the U.S.A. He might have been good in Chinese prison pick up games.

I always thought The Longest Yard needed the AirBud treatment...try out some other sports

The Balls, two of the freaks the Chinese bred like Yao but who werent good enough for the NBA,
One of the drummer guys from the 08 Olympics who couldn't find a woman to be impressed by it  (or any women for love really) so he turned to crime
and an Iphone factory worker who got caught making a HELP video on an IPhone X in the assembly line. 

too bad Messi didn't serve his jail time, that would've been a good one

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I always thought The Longest Yard needed the AirBud treatment...try out some other sports

The Balls, two of the freaks the Chinese bred like Yao but who werent good enough for the NBA,
One of the drummer guys from the 08 Olympics who couldn't find a woman to be impressed by it  (or any women for love really) so he turned to crime
and an Iphone factory worker who got caught making a HELP video on an IPhone X in the assembly line. 

Air Bud Seventh Inning Fetch is a god damned national treasure 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Danger said:

@808 @TheRealMcCoy y'all are Lakers fans right?

I kinda feel like Lonzo is going through the Nelson Agholor effect right now. Any truth to this maybe?

Besides his passing, Lonzo has a long way to go. He needs to hit the weight room and get with the shooting coach. Thankfully Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma are progressing. 

Embiid and Simmons look nice, happy for you guys who follow the 6ers. As long as they stay healthy, they'll be nice moving forward. 

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Image result for mean machine vinnie jones

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Lonzo Ball's shot looks like that really small kid who tries to shoot the ball and he puts so much effort to get it enough distance his whole body moves forward a few feet while shooting. It's really awkward looking.

Even worse that his shot is terrible and he can't hit it wide open, is that he can't shoot it off a dribble because it takes so long. If you have to drag it across your lower left abdomen, extend it up and over to his right side above his head, he'll never have time to take that shot against NBA defenders. How did anyone in the NBA not see that while thinking about drafting him? I'm sure he can be a good pure passing PG but he'll never average 10 points in a season. When you're a little kid and you don't have the forearm strength to flick the ball to the rim, that's fine. But someone, (his father) should have corrected it a long time ago. I'm assuming he has enough strength to do that so he could try and relearn how to shoot. It's not that difficult. But it's futile to continue to think it's just going to start working. That shot is broke. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Even worse that his shot is terrible and he can't hit it wide open, is that he can't shoot it off a dribble because it takes so long. If you have to drag it across your lower left abdomen, extend it up and over to his right side above his head, he'll never have time to take that shot against NBA defenders. How did anyone in the NBA not see that while thinking about drafting him? I'm sure he can be a good pure passing PG but he'll never average 10 points in a season. When you're a little kid and you don't have the forearm strength to flick the ball to the rim, that's fine. But someone, (his father) should have corrected it a long time ago. I'm assuming he has enough strength to do that so he could try and relearn how to shoot. It's not that difficult. But it's futile to continue to think it's just going to start working. That shot is broke. 

Yup, his current shooting motion is broken. Not sure if trying to change it during the season is a good idea (see Markelle Fultz's free throws in preseason). As with throwing motions in football, any unnecessary movement needed before the release is going to hinder your effectiveness. 

It's funny cause people would say don't judge a guy's career after a handful of games in his rookie season, but thanks to Lavarr's antics and Lonzo's slow start, he is labeled by many as a bust already. I personally wanted Jason Tatum, as I'm a Duke fan who would have loved to pair him with fellow Blue Devil Brandon Ingram. Magic and Rob Pelinka fell in love in Lonzo and seemingly didn't legit scout anyone else up top. I hope he proves to be worthy of that #2 pick, but he is off to a slow start, minus being the youngest player in NBA history to post a triple double. We'll see what happens, but I'm cautiously pessimistic about his odds to become a star.