NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

If that’s how the top 8 go i definitely like the Bills trading down. 

From what NFLN reported earlier, the Bills are definitely trying to trade out of the top 10 (along with Detroit). I think Atlanta is going to make a strong push to move up the boards, so I can see them trading up with either the Bills or Lions. What that guy reported is actually what I was thinking of - Atlanta trading up for Wilkins after losing out on Oliver. 

2 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

I don't think that rumor is true

I believe it is, they absolutely know who they are taking. I fully believe they would have traded Rosen but NFL said don’t you dare trade him until the day of the draft. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

From what NFLN reported earlier, the Bills are definitely trying to trade out of the top 10 (along with Detroit). I think Atlanta is going to make a strong push to move up the boards, so I can see them trading up with either the Bills or Lions. What that guy reported is actually what I was thinking of - Atlanta trading up for Wilkins after losing out on Oliver. 

Atlanta could be bold and think bigger. Maybe Give the Jets a call

Just now, BayRaider said:

I believe it is, they absolutely know who they are taking. I fully believe they would have traded Rosen but NFL said don’t you dare trade him until the day of the draft. 

That is harmful, if they wanted to trade Rosen, and they have received offers, and the longer they wait, the worse the offers would be. It is counterproductive to the cardinals success. I don't think Keim is the type that gets bullied into making a move for the sake of ratings

Just now, brushmyhair said:

Atlanta could be bold and think bigger. Maybe Give the Jets a call

For sure. Especially if they are bullish on themselves. Last year was torpedoed in no small part due to injuries. If they assume their guys are going to be healthy and they are once again a playoff team, that 2020 first round pick isn't nearly as valuable. I could see them wanting to push all in to go get their guy. They were my pick in the draft game to make the first trade up. I think that they will be aggressive. How aggressive I'm unsure. But they've done it before - it's been a few years now, but that Julio trade is still one of the most aggressive trade ups we have seen. 

Just now, Forge said:

For sure. Especially if they are bullish on themselves. Last year was torpedoed in no small part due to injuries. If they assume their guys are going to be healthy and they are once again a playoff team, that 2020 first round pick isn't nearly as valuable. I could see them wanting to push all in to go get their guy. They were my pick in the draft game to make the first trade up. I think that they will be aggressive. How aggressive I'm unsure. But they've done it before - it's been a few years now, but that Julio trade is still one of the most aggressive trade ups we have seen. 

I remember that trade up well

Just now, Counselor said:

Someone please trade up to 8 or 9 for Lock

That worried? 

I feel like Denver is going to do the right thing and punt on quarterback at 10, even if they love Lock. Elway has to start thinking about putting out a winner for his own sake at some point, I would imagine. For better or worse, you have to just roll with Flacco at this point. I think that they'll take someone that they believe will and can contribute right away. White or Bush could make some sense, I think. 

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I really think NFL is telling Arizona keep everyone guessing. Ratings. This is going to be the most watched draft ever by far. 

I know i said this happens every year but there’s a little something extra this year

Yea the QB that had this meteoric rise is supposedly #1 but:

1. He is by far the smallest QB to ever be taken so high and

2. We weren’t even sure he would play football EVER because he’s really good at baseball and had to give back millions

Just a really strange year

AB, OBJ, Clark, Ford all traded

Patrick Peterson is OTB too

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know i said this happens every year but there’s a little something extra this year

Yea the QB that had this meteoric rise is supposedly #1 but:

1. He is by far the smallest QB to ever be taken so high and

2. We weren’t even sure he would play football EVER because he’s really good at baseball and had to give back millions

Just a really strange year

AB, OBJ, Clark, Ford all traded

Patrick Peterson is OTB too

And to add to that...it's the first nfl draft for Mayock as an NFL gm in a draft where his team is absolutely stacked in the first 35 picks with 4 selections. I think that's a fun storyline to follow. 

Just now, Forge said:

And to add to that...it's the first nfl draft for Mayock as an NFL gm in a draft where his team is absolutely stacked in the first 35 picks with 4 selections. I think that's a fun storyline to follow. 

Yea I expect Mayock to be a kid in a candy store on draft day. Alot of wheeling and dealing. They honestly could be picking in a different spot than 3-4of their top picks. I expect them to move up/down from several of them 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Next years draft may be even funner when 3 QBs go 1-2-3 in Tua-Fromm-Eason (I think Eason is gonna tear it up at Washington). 

All three of which are better than any QB prospect of this class. 

Fromm is gross. Haskins is twice the QB he is. Eason's also a total unknown at this point so that's a fallacy as well.

Archived