Flacco dealt to Broncos for 4th Rounder

AFlaccoSeagulls

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

4th!?!? Elway is gonna end up looking like a genius 

Sam Bradford fetched a 1st and we get a 4th?

Awful start to DeCosta era

I've seen some bad takes in my days, but this is up there.

Flacco isn't on the level of Bradford's trade value back then, nowhere even close now given his recent play and health.

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

4th!?!? Elway is gonna end up looking like a genius 

Sam Bradford fetched a 1st and we get a 4th?

Awful start to DeCosta era

There's a decent amount of stopgap veteran QB's out there on the market this year and it's not like Flacco is that highly regarded within the league anyways. If he's fetching a 4th it's because nobody was that desperate to get him. I was hoping for a 3rd but a high 4th is way better than just having to release him in any case. 

Boy, that NFL News section thread on this trade is exactly like what you'd think. Whole Lotta Dopes.

Best wishes to Joe in Denver. This is good for him and good for us. Luckily we'll be transitioning from one of the most hated, disliked, underrated, and disrespected QBs tooo another QB that is hated, disliked, underrated, and disrespected. Hope Lamar is ready to carry that mantle. Baltimore QBs don't have it easy, but it's so much more rewarding when they win games as a result. F the ops.

That's about what I expected, especially after it became clear how many stop gap QBs would be available on the market this year.

Farewell Flacco and thanks for the brilliant play-off run in 2012 that lead to the Super Bowl

7 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

We need a cap space guru in this group 😂

You called?

But seriously, it's just like it sounds. Trading Flacco opens up $10.5 million in cap space. That number is figured after the dead money is accounted for. Going off of McFarland's numbers (the most accurate for the Ravens because his are always the most recent) the Ravens have just shy of $31.5 million in cap space if you consider the Flacco trade completed. It's not official until the new league year and it actually happens, but if it goes through day one that's where Baltimore will be sitting. 

For now. Others move will be made. 

This was great news to find out earlier today. Glad we can get some value for him and glad we now know what that value is and can proceed with our draft plan considering that information.

Flacco should do well there. They’ve got some offensive talent to work with and it’ll be interesting to see how he does. Could make the Chiefs road to success that much more difficult moving foward.

13 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Flacco should do well there. They’ve got some offensive talent to work with and it’ll be interesting to see how he does. Could make the Chiefs road to success that much more difficult moving foward.

Do they? I mean, they have Lindsey who is good. Sanders would have been good but he's up there in age and has a torn Achilles. No TEs of note. The line is all up in the air.

I like the fit and think he will win them a lot of games, but it would have been nice to see him with one of the cushier offensive setups with good wide receivers for once.

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Do they? I mean, they have Lindsey who is good. Sanders would have been good but he's up there in age and has a torn Achilles. No TEs of note. The line is all up in the air.

I like the fit and think he will win them a lot of games, but it would have been nice to see him with one of the cushier offensive setups with good wide receivers for once.

Sutton looked promising in the couple of Broncos games I saw late in the season as well, but otherwise I agree with the notion that they don't have a particularly impressive group of offensive talent

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I guess I’m looking with foresight. Flacco has always been at his best when he’s got a reliable running attack to allow him to Target the deep ball.

So I see a team that has Phillip Lindsay and Royce Freeman as a backfield that is going to really give teams problems next season.

Courtland Sutton is a great deep ball threat for his size and I think along with DJ Moore has the best potential to really breakout this next season. I wasn’t a huge fan of DeSean Hamilton for our team but I like him as a slot option that Flacco has seemingly played well with in the past.

So you take that and give them an extra $10m from (likely) releasing Emanuel Sanders and they have some cap space to add a DeSean Jackson as a big play threat. Throw some money and picks at the OL and that’s still one of the best offensive lineups assembled for Flacco in his career. Not the best, but certainly a top option IMO.

8 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

You called?

But seriously, it's just like it sounds. Trading Flacco opens up $10.5 million in cap space. That number is figured after the dead money is accounted for. Going off of McFarland's numbers (the most accurate for the Ravens because his are always the most recent) the Ravens have just shy of $31.5 million in cap space if you consider the Flacco trade completed. It's not official until the new league year and it actually happens, but if it goes through day one that's where Baltimore will be sitting. 

For now. Others move will be made. 

This opens up a whole lot of options to keep current guys. I don't know anything about the cap, but as I see it, trading af Jimmy Smith for instance would "only" net us another draft pick and provide some cap relief but also a significant amount of deadmoney. This is why I think it would be a good idea to keep him for the 2019 season despite his cap hit, and then let him walk in FA in 2020 and maybe net us a late comp pick then.

6 hours ago, drd23 said:

Sutton looked promising in the couple of Broncos games I saw late in the season as well, but otherwise I agree with the notion that they don't have a particularly impressive group of offensive talent

They have Sutton who is promising, daSean Hamilton also showed some promise, Sanders could still be a viable option, Jake Butt should be healthy and could be another reliable target. All it comes down to imo is the Broncos building that offensive line around Flacco, the weapons is sufficient. Sign a new contract with Paradis and pick either a tackle or a guard. A Cody Ford would make a lot of sense. Bolles is still a "young" NFL player and has some potential to get better, although I believe he regressed this year compared to his rookie year.

And then they have Andreas Knappe, mammoth tackle and viking from Denmark, who can come in from the practice squad once Munchak has had his glorious hands on him.

2 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Trading Jimmy Smith would leave $6.35m of dead money and give us $9.5m in cap space

If Jimmy gives ud 10 good games, that 1,5 mill for a game with close to shutdown corner ability. I think that is okay to keep that on the roster. 

Archived