Football Cards

waffles7

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Steel City keeps pushing back my shipping date on my Inceptions because they still haven't gotten their 2021 Series 1 Tin Boxes and, of course, they won't ship one part of the order by itself. They better be the type of company that sets stuff aside for you, considering they say all sales are final.

Steel City is who I’ve been using the past couple months and haven’t run into a problem yet. Although I haven’t ran into a pre-order date with them yet, only in-stock items. I have 2021 Bowmans reserved pre-ordered for April 16th, we’ll see if it goes smoothly or not. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BayRaider said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/tom-brady-rookie-card-sells-for-2-25-million-setting-new-all-time-football-recor

I'm a long term hold guy anyways... but hold those Mahomes, Burrow, Tua, Lawrence, Z. Wilson, Lance, Fields, etc. rookie cards and hope they win multiple Super Bowls, and one around 40.... then sell baby!

I just wonder at what point the bubble bursts like it did for early 90’s baseball.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Good luck on your pulls, hopefully they are worth the money.  Let us know what you got. 

Will do. I just won another auction on a 3rd box. So I've got 2 coming from Ebay and a 3rd coming with the Topps Tin whenever it gets shipped from Steel City. My buddy wants me to open 1 and resell 2 of them. Based on what I've seen lately, they aren't exceeding what I've been paying for them (right around $180). Plus, I'm in it for the thrill of the pull, not the money. If I hit, I hit. If I don't, I learned my lesson lol.

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just wonder at what point the bubble bursts like it did for early 90’s baseball.  

It wont. The late 80s/early 90s had MASSIVE print runs. Significantly larger than anything we see currently, also the influx of parallels and numbered cards will allow cards to hold value long term. We won't see a bubble like the 90s, people thought they had exclusive Ken Griffey Jr rookies only to find out 10 million had been printed.

• Like 2

This hobby is addicting. I've started buying individual patch autos now lol. I haven't bought anything above a #/25 run yet. Pretty much just looking for deals rather than actually spending huge money. Grabbed a few cards that I know aren't likely to ever be worth anything but they were cool cards that I wanted and were inexpensive so said why the heck not?

So far I've bought...

-Corbin Burnes 2019 Panini Flawless Dual Patch Auto Rookie (#/25)
-Kyle Tucker 2019 Panini National Treasures GGS Dual Patch Auto (#/25) (Not sure if this one is a rookie or not)
-Shohei Ohtani 2020 Topps Major League Material Series 2 Patch Relic (Red so I think it's of 25 but doesn't matter - didn't buy it for the value)
-Juan Soto 2021 Panini Donruss Patch Relic (lot of people get mad because these aren't MLB licensed yet they are by the MLBPA)
-Sixto Sanchez 2021 Panini Donruss Patch Relic
-Keston Hiura 2021 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection Patch Relic
-Keston Hiura 2021 Topps Opening Day Holo Blue Foil (cheap cool card that's nice to look at)

So I've had some fun with it lately. I've probably spent around $750 the last few weeks on baseball cards ($600 of it, roughly, on the 3 Inception hobby boxes) and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

This hobby is addicting. I've started buying individual patch autos now lol. I haven't bought anything above a #/25 run yet. Pretty much just looking for deals rather than actually spending huge money. Grabbed a few cards that I know aren't likely to ever be worth anything but they were cool cards that I wanted and were inexpensive so said why the heck not?

So far I've bought...

-Corbin Burnes 2019 Panini Flawless Dual Patch Auto Rookie (#/25)
-Kyle Tucker 2019 Panini National Treasures GGS Dual Patch Auto (#/25) (Not sure if this one is a rookie or not)
-Shohei Ohtani 2020 Topps Major League Material Series 2 Patch Relic (Red so I think it's of 25 but doesn't matter - didn't buy it for the value)
-Juan Soto 2021 Panini Donruss Patch Relic (lot of people get mad because these aren't MLB licensed yet they are by the MLBPA)
-Sixto Sanchez 2021 Panini Donruss Patch Relic
-Keston Hiura 2021 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection Patch Relic
-Keston Hiura 2021 Topps Opening Day Holo Blue Foil (cheap cool card that's nice to look at)

So I've had some fun with it lately. I've probably spent around $750 the last few weeks on baseball cards ($600 of it, roughly, on the 3 Inception hobby boxes) and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

It’s very fun. I got back into it about 2-3 years ago. Luckily before stuff got outrageous haha

• Like 1

I’ve only been back in the hobby for a few months but debating quitting cause these prices are outrageous and can quickly sink you if you get to addicted. It has basically become gambling. And a six figure income hobby. 

I think I’m just gonna buy a single of a Panini QB Auto Rookie Card numbered at /25 or /49 every year and call it a day. Now the question is to go after Wilson, Lance, or Fields.... cause Lawrence will be way too expensive. 

Edited by BayRaider

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve only been back in the hobby for a few months but debating quitting cause these prices are outrageous and can quickly sink you if you get to addicted. It has basically become gambling. And a six figure income hobby. 

I think I’m just gonna buy a single of a Panini QB Auto Rookie Card numbered at /25 or /49 every year and call it a day. Now the question is to go after Wilson, Lance, or Fields.... cause Lawrence will be way too expensive. 

Yeah it's not worth getting into right now. Buying singles is fine but there are too many people treating it like a business these days for anyone to responsibly enjoy it as a hobby. 

18 hours ago, JonStark said:

Yeah it's not worth getting into right now. Buying singles is fine but there are too many people treating it like a business these days for anyone to responsibly enjoy it as a hobby. 

On 4/6/2021 at 2:19 PM, BayRaider said:

After my initial flurry that I'm going on through this week, I'm going to limit myself to 1 or maybe 2 cards a month. So far, including 3 hobby boxes, I've dropped $740 and I've got room to grab a few more patch autos through this week assuming the bids go well. I'm definitely not going overboard on costs for individuals, just diving trying to find deals. 

EDIT - Up to $820, so far, after tonight. Still got a few hundo free to drop and then I'm cutting myself off.

Edited by beekay414

Got my 1st Inception Hobby today. The pull was decent and could've easily been much worse...

Base cards were Manny Machado, Stephen Strasburg, Francisco Lindor and a Dylan Carlson rookie. Got a green Christian Yelich parallel, a green rookie Jo Adell parallel and a Cristian Pache rookie auto outta 250. So I likely lost out on some money but the Pache auto goes for anywhere from $70 to $100 right now based on what I've seen, along with multiple ~$140 bids, and as high as $180 so it just depends on the buyers. The Jo Adell rookie parallel might be worth something later. I would be lucky to get $10 right now for that. The Carlson base rookie has gone for more than Adell's green parallel.

I'll be holding on to all my cards for the time being unless I pull something ridiculously obvious like a Luis Robert.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Select football drops today at $1500+ per SINGLE HOBBY BOX.

Screw Panini. I hope everyone that works there involved in pricing stubs their toe today. Really wanted to get some of this and UFC Prizm but I won't give them a penny of my money.