Football Cards

waffles7

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Honestly, this got me out of the hobby last year.  I got a couple boxes of Bowman Mega Box from Target, but scalpers soon got them on the market for 2-3 times the MSRP price. of $19.99.  And those boxes were some of the best hits too.  My local card shop was selling them for $40, and a card shop in Dallas while I was on vacation was charging $50.  This year, the same Mega Boxes were going for $60 or more online.  

The scalpers have worked out when the Excel reps come by.  They don't vary their schedules, so they sit and wait.  Walmart and Target don't have blanket policies to prevent multiple purchases- it's up to the individual stores to do that.  And the scalpers will follow those reps around to all of their locations for the day.  

I am at the point where I am just going to buy what I want.  Adley Rutschman is who I am collecting right now as an Orioles fan, and the chase would be pretty damn expensive.  I'll just wait for them to go down, and buy what I need.  

EDIT: The scalpers also employ bots, so whenever Target releases their online stock of these items, as well as Topps themselves, it gets sold out in no time, just like the new gaming consoles.  

Yeah well mega boxes for the newest prizm are being priced up to $150-200 now. I'd kill to find one for $60. 

I'm in the same boat as you though with just buying what you want, but it would also be nice to crack open a few packs every once in a while. Unfortunately the scalpers ruin it for everyone. The day I walk in and see them waiting by the cards is the day I get kicked out of my Target.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Hope you trust the breaker to get it to you.  I've read stories of a popular breaker shorting cards to people.  

I was just in a break where there was a random pause in action and the opening of next pack (all of the packs were cut open at the beginning and put in a pile) magically gets larger with a blip in the audio. I'll never trust a breaker that I haven't worked with again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

I was just in a break where there was a random pause in action and the opening of next pack (all of the packs were cut open at the beginning and put in a pile) magically gets larger with a blip in the audio. I'll never trust a breaker that I haven't worked with again.

Yeah that’s not cool. The reason that Jabs doesn’t use eBay anymore is because of how scammy he got and the amount of reports that people were missing product when they finally received shipment 

On 2/23/2021 at 8:03 AM, JonStark said:

Oof. That’s brutal. I only join breaks I trust, I actually run breaks myself. Nothing huge like some of these big dogs though! 

• Like 1