Football Cards

waffles7

On 8/10/2020 at 11:55 AM, MookieMonstah said:

Been stocking up on Michael Porter Jr cards for over a year, let’s just say I’m rich now

Just sold a couple of my Lebron James rookie cards for a nice profit. 😎

(unfortunately out of need)

But the market is definitely there if you have high end cards. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Just sold a couple of my Lebron James rookie cards for a nice profit. 😎

(unfortunately out of need)

But the market is definitely there if you have high end cards. 

The market is very there. Might get a down payment for a house off these Michael Porter JR cards lol

22 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The market is very there. Might get a down payment for a house off these Michael Porter JR cards lol

Yeah I want to sell more LBJ cards but I’d really like to hold on to them until he retires. Do I wait for them to get a premium HOF price or are they at a peak now?  

Now if only some other cards I invested in would show some movement. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah I want to sell more LBJ cards but I’d really like to hold on to them until he retires. Do I wait for them to get a premium HOF price or are they at a peak now?  

Now if only some other cards I invested in would show some movement. 

Honestly the combination of COVID and the bubble has cards at an all time high...I've been looking to sell. Card market hasn't been like this in...ever

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Honestly the combination of COVID and the bubble has cards at an all time high...I've been looking to sell. Card market hasn't been like this in...ever

Yessir!  Unfortunately a lot of cards id like to unload aren’t going for good prices 😞

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Haha who were your big misses? I've had quite a few of those...

I bought a ton of Baker Mayfield cards, Sam Darnold cards and the sad sack josh Rosen cards. I’ll hold on the Mayfield and Darnold cards. I think they’ll come through. Rosen I’m squirming on. 

9 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I bought a ton of Baker Mayfield cards, Sam Darnold cards and the sad sack josh Rosen cards. I’ll hold on the Mayfield and Darnold cards. I think they’ll come through. Rosen I’m squirming on. 

Ive got a decent amount of Baker as well... I also stocked up on Mahomes while Alex Smith was starting. One of my biggest swings and misses was Fultz

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Ive got a decent amount of Baker as well... I also stocked up on Mahomes while Alex Smith was starting. One of my biggest swings and misses was Fultz

Yeah I missed out on the Mahomes cards. Thought they were too high...and now they’re double what I would have paid 🤷🏼‍♂️

Just donated the last of my cards to that kid I gave the last cards too. Now I've only got a few Saints cards for sentimental reasons. This is the least amount of cards I've had in my closet since middle school... 

might jump back into the hobby, but not sure.

• 5 months later...

Gonna bump this and see if anyone here has been able to get any retail from Target/Walmart. The scalpers around here have something worked out and literally show up the second the vendor starts putting them on the shelves. Really not cool. 

Also, if anyone has any rare Aaron Donald 2020 prizm parallels let me know! 

4 hours ago, JonStark said:

Gonna bump this and see if anyone here has been able to get any retail from Target/Walmart. The scalpers around here have something worked out and literally show up the second the vendor starts putting them on the shelves. Really not cool. 

Also, if anyone has any rare Aaron Donald 2020 prizm parallels let me know! 

Honestly, this got me out of the hobby last year.  I got a couple boxes of Bowman Mega Box from Target, but scalpers soon got them on the market for 2-3 times the MSRP price. of $19.99.  And those boxes were some of the best hits too.  My local card shop was selling them for $40, and a card shop in Dallas while I was on vacation was charging $50.  This year, the same Mega Boxes were going for $60 or more online.  

The scalpers have worked out when the Excel reps come by.  They don't vary their schedules, so they sit and wait.  Walmart and Target don't have blanket policies to prevent multiple purchases- it's up to the individual stores to do that.  And the scalpers will follow those reps around to all of their locations for the day.  

I am at the point where I am just going to buy what I want.  Adley Rutschman is who I am collecting right now as an Orioles fan, and the chase would be pretty damn expensive.  I'll just wait for them to go down, and buy what I need.  

EDIT: The scalpers also employ bots, so whenever Target releases their online stock of these items, as well as Topps themselves, it gets sold out in no time, just like the new gaming consoles.  

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 11:46 AM, MookieMonstah said:

Big time. I've got a lot of nice football cards that I'm sitting on, have a Tom Brady rookie autographics. Pulled a super nice Mahomes rookie patch card /15. Got a tri patch with Mahomes, Trubisky and Watson /5. That one could be worth some money one day.

Seal up that Mahomes card and throw it in a fireproof safe. Immediately.