OT Robinson signs 1 year deal

mistakey

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

Damn that was a lot more than I was expecting. Maybe he truly has figured it out and they truly believe in him 

No it is about right on par for his play, age, upside and his history as a bust. It is actually a great contract for both sides as we get him relatively cheap this year and he gets to go into free agency again next season for the big time pay day should he keep his play up. If he hits the 9 million mark it would still only make him the 18th highest paid LT in the NFL. I don't think people fully realize just how high salaries and the salary cap have been climbing the last few years.

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Love the move. Keep the Oline in tact

Desmond Harrison still has the opportunity to develop and become more complete. Then if we feel he's a starting level guy and potential upgrade we could put Robinson at RT and Cut Hubbard

or let Robinson leave eventually and get a comp pick 

or trade Harrison later 

lots of options really glad we took a chance on him. Lets continue to get his feet right and we might have a player

this eases the missed pick on Corbett for me. 

Is this for serious?

I mean you clung to Kizer's nuts all the way to the end even though it was obvious to everyone he was hot garbage, some of us saw it before the draft, but you are already writing off Corbet before he even gets a chance to play.

Makes sense

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Is this for serious?

I mean you clung to Kizer's nuts all the way to the end even though it was obvious to everyone he was hot garbage, some of us saw it before the draft, but you are already writing off Corbet before he even gets a chance to play.

Makes sense

So aggro.

IF the Light comes on for Greg Robinson....we have just made up for some of our Cameron Irvings, Justin Gilberts and Johhny Manziels of the world......

The 6 most talented OT I ever saw (with my own two eyes) coming out in the NFL draft.

1. Orlando Pace

2. Johnathon Ogden

3. Tony Boselli

4. Joe Thomas

5. Greg Robinson

6. Trent Williams

So IF he can meet the Promise that list has performed at.....then

tenor.gif

Can you imagine....we didnt have to spend anything but some cash and we get our Young Superstar QB a 8-10 year Blind Side Protector? This is me when I started having this thought process when I heard he signed.....

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Probably gave him this deal to show Desmond Harrison what's possible.

I was a huge fan of Harrison during the draft process. Had him as our eventual LT replacement for Joe. I’ll be really interested to see how he comes into camp this year.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Probably gave him this deal to show Desmond Harrison what's possible.

You don’t think Harrison would have know what was possible had it not been for this contract?

Like he couldn’t have googled it or something?  Asked a coworker? 😂 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You don’t think Harrison would have know what was possible had it not been for this contract?

Like he couldn’t have googled it or something?  Asked a coworker? 😂 

Stop it LGB. I have a right to conspire as long as it's not murder (I've seen Law and Order)

Archived