2019 NFL Combine

squire12

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

2. There's an incredibly strong correlation between pro-bowl TEs and 40 time. There's one TE who made an All-Pro team with a 40 time slower than 4.70 since 2002 (when I stopped being able to find 40 times). That was Marcedes Lewis in 2010.  Slow TEs don't stand out.

Pro bowl as determined by fans who might look a little bit at receptions and exciting plays over anything else? 

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Nobody cares about the lineman's 40 time. They care about the ten split.

2. There's an incredibly strong correlation between pro-bowl TEs and 40 time. There's one TE who made an All-Pro team with a 40 time slower than 4.70 since 2002 (when I stopped being able to find 40 times). That was Marcedes Lewis in 2010.  Slow TEs don't stand out.

Zach Ertz has been the NFL's most productive TE over the last 3 years and he ran a 4.76.

Just now, SSG said:

The has-been who Seattle couldn't rid their offense of fast enough.  

These statements always make me LOL. 

That has-been had 15.8 yards on 6 receptions in his second game with us.
That has-been had 20.8 yards on 5 receptions in his 6th game with us.
He broke his thumb a couple weeks later. 

All of that during Aaron's worst year as a pro in a year where our offense as a whole was broken and our head coach fired. 

You act like small whining children with these unrealistic expectations. 

https://www.packers.com/video/packers-qb-rodgers-hits-te-graham-on-54-yard-catch-and-run

Jimmy Graham still has plenty left when his ****ing thumb isn't broken and when Rodgers throws him the ****ing ball.  There were literally dozens of times Graham was open last year and Rodgers flat out didn't throw to him. 

I'm sick to got damn death of this Graham hate.  You're all pounding the table for us to go out and sign all these free agents and you're all so ready to cut one that just had a top 10 TE season in receptions, yards, yards per reception and it's maddening. 

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Are you talking about Ingold or that type player? That type of FB certainly has a play in the NFL. 

If your talking about Ingold, his combine workout looks like he has a place in the NFL too. 

Ingold.

Also: 

242 pounds

4.89 40

7.35 3-cone

This does not look like an NFL athlete to me.

I mean the Packers need at tight end is not because Graham is no longer useful.  It's because there aren't really any quality developing guys on the depth chart behind him.   Of all the positions in the NFL, this is one of the slowest developing ones so it's time to add someone worth a darn unless they plan on stringing Graham along well after his sell-by date.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean the Packers need at tight end is not because Graham is no longer useful.  It's because there aren't really any quality developing guys on the depth chart behind him.   Of all the positions in the NFL, this is one of the slowest developing ones so it's time to add someone worth a darn unless they plan on stringing Graham along well after his sell-by date.

This I agree with.  We need a guy in the third/fourth round absolutely.  I get so effing mad when people act like Graham is a nobody.  It's the stupidest neglect and ignorance of the position in the NFL you can get.  To act like Graham isn't a perfectly capable tight end is just ridiculous and obnoxious as hell.  I guarantee everybody here is going to be saying they had faith in Graham all along.  I swear I need to start making a list of the people ready to crap on everybody who turns around and says they always believed in them. 

80% of this site was ready to cut Davante Adams, and yet everybody acts like they always loved him and it drives me absolutely insane. 

Archived