2019 NFL Combine

squire12

35 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think that just means he's smart- he figured out McElwain needed to go before the AD did.

I mean, "smart" is not a thing a lot of evaluators like in this business, but It's something I personally like.

He's not going to be paid to make those decisions. Regardless, you never quit, ever. That's a big red flag IMO. That's how you avoid the Antonio Browns of the world

2 hours ago, Isherwood said:

Are you or (cough) somebody going to do a Packers-specific big board again this year? 

I got you:

1.  That guy from Green Bay that went to Wisconsin.

2.  All the Mizzou players that I don't hate.

3.  All other SEC players.

4.  Herb Adderley

5.  Some defensive back that runs a sub 4.35 forty yard dash.

That's MY board.

2 hours ago, snackattack said:

do we have examples of other guys like this?  i mean guys that performed as well as he did at the college level but tested really poorly at 3 cone?

Someone can bring the facts and correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Lane Taylor tested very well.  He also wasn't drafted.

On 2/28/2019 at 7:27 PM, MaximusGluteus said:

So after seeing the 39 reps from Iosua Opeta (Weber State) I quickly looked him up just for curiosity's sake and he looks lean and athletic, especially by lineman's standards.  Now I'm curious to see how he does in the rest of the combine.  Not much info on him though, at least not that I've found yet.  I saw one Twitter post from Chad Reuter (don't know who he is, but I don't know media people) who said he's very athletic and excellent in pass pro, but that's all I really found in my quick search.  Maybe he'd be worth a late round flyer if he tests well. The NFL.com scouting page doesn't give him much love (graded a 5.00).

I was watching the replay this morning and his kick slide was pretty smooth. 

He has a mighty beard too.

Archived