BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

We should absolutely reduce the season. I feel very strongly about this. 

The first playoff week should go first and we go down to 4 playoff teams. I wouldn't mind starting week 2 and getting a bye during Thanksgiving as well. 

Arguments later tonight 

I think we are talking Regular season right now.

I agree with you on the playoffs but going to 6 teams.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I think we are talking Regular season right now.

I agree with you on the playoffs but going to 6 teams.

Okay regular season.

I would like a bye during Thanksgiving. I've missed that week two straight years IIRC. That is my family's big holiday. Christmas is usually a small gathering of just my parents and brother, but I'm nearly always traveling or something during Thanksgiving.

Since shaving off one week and giving us an odd number of games doesn't make a lot of sense, I think the next best (and easiest) regular season week to get rid of would be week 1. It'll give us all a chance to take a week and enjoy football and get our bearings when it comes to evaluating players.

I've got more that I'll be able to type up later.

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

It'll give us all a chance to take a week and enjoy football

Can I ask everyone an honest question? How much time do you actually spend on write ups? 

I spend some time intermittently during the week looking at my opponents roster, creating a gameplan in my head and by sunday (or Saturday or sometimes even Friday) all I need to do is actually type it all up and it takes like 15-20 minutes. BDL doesn't drain my weekend, and I feel like I submit some pretty thorough write ups.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Can I ask everyone an honest question? How much time do you actually spend on write ups? 

I spend some time intermittently during the week looking at my opponents roster, creating a gameplan in my head and by sunday (or Saturday or sometimes even Friday) all I need to do is actually type it all up and it takes like 15-20 minutes. BDL doesn't drain my weekend, and I feel like I submit some pretty thorough write ups.

Two hours on Saturdays. And I still suck 

31 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Like 3-6 hours depending on the match

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

I at most spend 30 min total and may do the offense one day and the defense another on Saturday. I have a google doc with my roster and make any changes for the week and mainly use it for reference. You should have a good idea on injuries by Thursday. If a surprise injury your enormous bench should be able to audible in the thread.

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Well Rags doesn't have to worry about weeks 16/17 very often, does he?

Hey, you wanna go **** yourself with a tire iron?

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

Like 3-6 hours depending on the match

I usually put in about 2-3 hours.  Early in the week I look over rosters and start doing my offensive gameplan.  I usually have that done early in the week.  Then later in the week I do my defensive gameplan.  

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

I spend about 20-30 min digging research. It can be a two hour ordeal before playing Rome @bcb1213

Archived