Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

30 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I'd say that's the best thing Max and Zim have done too ....

Max is sitting on a steamer projection of 6.8 WAR which would be the highest of his career.

I'm ready to drag this team through the coals as well, but I have a tough time going after Max, despite my love of trending negative.

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What exactly has Max done wrong?

0 playoff wins as a Washington National is a start.

16 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Max is sitting on a steamer projection of 6.8 WAR which would be the highest of his career.

I'm ready to drag this team through the coals as well, but I have a tough time going after Max, despite my love of trending negative.

Yes and a likely Cy Young winner. Just more regular season success that magically disappears in the postseason.

https://fancredsports.com/articles/inside-baseball-mlb-notes-mike-trouts-mickey-man

— Ryan Zimmerman appears ready to start a rehab assignment soon for his calf and oblique injuries. And according to an N.L. executive, there was a calf injury in spring, and also a recurrence recently (though, the Nats continue to call it only an oblique). While it was written that the Nats weren’t using Zimmerman in games this spring as a grand experiment to preserve older veterans, and at the least the Nats never corrected the record, the reality is that Zimmerman missed almost all spring training with a calf injury. He got at-bats on the back field in simulated games, but in those at-bats, he just got at-bats and didn’t run to first base, or certainly run the bases. It’s a little unusual this went undetected as some other teams began to wonder whether the Nats’ grand experiment – which wasn’t really an experiment at all – might be worth trying for their own players.

— Once the season started, Zimmerman was ready to play, but soon went down with an oblique injury. He’s been out two months, but it hasn’t all been the oblique injury. It turns out that when he tried to ramp things up at one point, the calf acted up again – yes, the calf injury no one seemed to know about …

So ..... Zim wasn't trying something new. He was injured.

Edited by Slateman

The Harper thing just reminds me so much of the Ovechkin deal. The fans blamed him for everything and oh how they couldn’t wait for him to leave. Had they done what the fans wanted and traded Ovi they wouldn’t have a cup. 

Obviously this is different when you consider the money Harper could potentially command in free agency. If someone wants to throw $250-300M at him then you thank him for his time and build around Soto and Robles. But simply judging Harper off of him having a rough year doesn’t seem fair. I’ll wish him the best where ever he ends up. 

On 7/15/2018 at 10:06 AM, lavar703 said:

The Harper thing just reminds me so much of the Ovechkin deal. The fans blamed him for everything and oh how they couldn’t wait for him to leave. Had they done what the fans wanted and traded Ovi they wouldn’t have a cup. 

Obviously this is different when you consider the money Harper could potentially command in free agency. If someone wants to throw $250-300M at him then you thank him for his time and build around Soto and Robles. But simply judging Harper off of him having a rough year doesn’t seem fair. I’ll wish him the best where ever he ends up. 

Harper has been long gone for ages. He's mentally checked out this year and it reflects in his play. 

It is what it is.