Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

10 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Dude can the gypsy lady who uncoursed the Capitals go spread some holy water or something in the Nationals bullpen or something!!!!

I don’t know about that but someone just sprinkled some pixie dust on Matt Adams! What a 3-run tatter that was!

Edited by turtle28

I mean, just when I thought the bull pen couldn’t get any worse! Ugh!

At least the bats did enough last night for them to win. The Nats O is fine, they really don’t miss Harper that much or at all, but their pitching has been atrocious outside of Max. Strasburg hasn’t looked like himself since he hurt his upper back/shoulder area last year. I guess Helickson threw a gem in his outing a few games ago and Corbin has been ok, but once again, I’m worried about the Nats pitching.

Hopefully it gets better, but this feels like an 82-82 season or something like that like Woz I think posted earlier.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

The fact Doolittle had to pitch last night is a travesty. 

Trevor Rosenthal, at 40.50, not having the highest ERA on the team, hilarious.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

8 pitchers above a 5 ERA and 5 above an 8 ERA. 

I "liked" these posts, but I don't like these posts.

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I mean, just when I thought the bull pen couldn’t get any worse! Ugh!

At least the bats did enough last night for them to win. The Nats O is fine, they really don’t miss Harper that much or at all, but their pitching has been atrocious outside of Max. Strasburg hasn’t looked like himself since he hurt his upper back/shoulder area last year. I guess Helickson threw a gem in his outing a few games ago and Corbin has been ok, but once again, I’m worried about the Nats pitching.

Hopefully it gets better, but this feels like an 82-82 season or something like that like Woz I think posted earlier.

The starting pitching behind Scherzer is middle of the road so far. Combined with the offense, that should be enough.

It's the bullpen that is an anchor that's going to hold this team back. Probably get Martinez fired too (even though it's not all his fault).

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 10:35 AM, Woz said:

The starting pitching behind Scherzer is middle of the road so far. Combined with the offense, that should be enough.

It's the bullpen that is an anchor that's going to hold this team back. Probably get Martinez fired too (even though it's not all his fault).

The Bullpen is squarely on the Lerner's but of course they won’t be fired bc they’re the owners. The Lerner’s aren’t willing to pay for better middle relievers so, the team continues to blow leads in games they should win which has been a theme since 2012 when the team finally got good. And it’s slowly deteriorating even further bc they won’t  keep the good middle relievers they develop like Tyler Clippard for example.

Edited by turtle28