Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

16 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Nats took a massive pitcher in the first round of the draft today. 

Based on MLB's top prospects, Jackson Rutledge was best available (12th best on their list). Only quibble I would have was perhaps passing on the LHP out of Kentucky (who was 14th) since he was a lefty, but that kid has a not-so-pretty injury history.

I LOL'ed at this comment from him:

Rutledge on meeting players at draft, including Randy Johnson:

"The coolest one was Randy Johnson. I was just wearing his jersey a few days ago. So that’s cool to actually see him in real life, and he’s definitely bigger than me, so that’s new."

I guess that's not a common occurrence for the kid.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Woz said:

... why did you go and say this? Haven't you learned by now?!

Because I don't really care. I’m not much of a baseball fan at all, it’s behind soccer and lacrosse for me as an exciting sport to watch. Let me know if the franchise ever wins a playoff series...

Edited by turtle28

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Because I don't really care. I’m not much of a baseball fan at all, it’s behind soccer and lacrosse for me as an exciting sport to watch. Let me know if the franchise ever wins a playoff series...

must ... not ... kick ... you ... square ... in ... the ... nuts ... must ... not ... kick ...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The drafting has been subpar the last couple of seasons, but as already mentioned by @lavar703 he has traded much of the talent for established players (specifically Eaton, Papelbon, Melancon, Fister, etc).