Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

It started with Desi. Then Zimm, then Harper, then Rendon and now Turner. So they’ve signed Pitchers and Werth. I mean can we put the Buffalo in that as well even though he did get hurt? Traded Clip for nothing. I guess what annoys me is they won’t let Rizzo trade these guys but they’ll let them walk. It’s mind boggling

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It started with Desi. Then Zimm, then Harper, then Rendon and now Turner. So they’ve signed Pitchers and Werth. I mean can we put the Buffalo in that as well even though he did get hurt? Traded Clip for nothing. I guess what annoys me is they won’t let Rizzo trade these guys but they’ll let them walk. It’s mind boggling

Desmond left us after batting .233, 62 RBIs and 62 runs in 15. We offered him the qualifying offer of 1 year 15 million. He gambled, turned it down, and lost. Remember he only signed with the Rangers for 1 year 8 million. We then took that money and went and signed Daniel Murphy. That was a win in my book. Murphy's 2.5 years with us were better than what Ian did. 

Jordan Zimmermann after leaving the Nats? 25-41 record, never better than a 4.52 ERA, and hasn't played the last two seasons really. That's a win that he walked. 

I get it with Harper and Rendon, but it is what it is. We won a World Series without Harper. Turner isn't gone yet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Desmond left us after batting .233, 62 RBIs and 62 runs in 15. We offered him the qualifying offer of 1 year 15 million. He gambled, turned it down, and lost. Remember he only signed with the Rangers for 1 year 8 million. We then took that money and went and signed Daniel Murphy. That was a win in my book. Murphy's 2.5 years with us were better than what Ian did. 

Jordan Zimmermann after leaving the Nats? 25-41 record, never better than a 4.52 ERA, and hasn't played the last two seasons really. That's a win that he walked. 

I get it with Harper and Rendon, but it is what it is. We won a World Series without Harper. Turner isn't gone yet. 

I was just giving you examples of fan favorites that walked during the Lerners ownership. They’ve lucked out so far and it hasn’t burned them but they’ve been playing with Fire for awhile now. At some point this will end badly. You can’t expect to keep letting stars walk and fans continuing to show up.

And you can’t simply keep letting them walk for nothing. Max needs to be traded and if Trea isn’t going to be paid then he needs to go too. As much as it hurts to say, I feel the same with Soto. Either pay him or get a haul and yes I know he’s under control for three more years. 

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

I was just giving you examples of fan favorites that walked during the Lerners ownership. They’ve lucked out so far and it hasn’t burned them but they’ve been playing with Fire for awhile now. At some point this will end badly. You can’t expect to keep letting stars walk and fans continuing to show up.

Thus the cycle of a lot of sports teams. Hell, the Caps comeuppance is within a couple years too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’ll be most upset if they trade Turner or Soto. I think they should be a long termers & end their careers in DC.

Trading Max or anyone else I will understand. 

Turner is one of my favorites but I’ll be even more upset if they won’t give him long-term money and let him walk for nothing as opposed to cashing in now. If you aren’t going to pay him then trade him and that’s how I feel about Soto as well. Love Soto but the Lerners aren’t ponying up $400+M for him. Never going to happen.