Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We’ll Stras & Mr. National, Zimmerman.

Zimmerman is somewhat of a special case (and this is probably the last go-around). Strasburg was a gamble that didn't really pay off.

7 hours ago, Woz said:

Zimmerman is somewhat of a special case (and this is probably the last go-around). Strasburg was a gamble that didn't really pay off.

Yeah, Strasburg was a big gamble bc of his injury history. I hope he stays healthy after his surgery the rest of his time here but I don’t expect it.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, Strasburg was a big gamble bc of his injury history. I hope he stays healthy after his surgery the rest of his time here but I don’t expect it.

At this point, the smart money is to assume you are only get him for 1/2 to 3/4s of any given season until his contract expires or he is traded.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

World Series MVP Stephen Strasburg fwiw. It's a moment given to me I will cherish forever. 

I thought Josiah Gray looked good last night. He continues to pitch like that he may be the best pitcher in our current rotation.

I won’t lie, the thought of Scherzer and Turner suiting up for the Dodgers is painful. It’s really disappointing to see them just dismantle everything but Rizzo is a good GM and knows what he’s doing. I still think Turner should’ve stayed and been paid. If we can’t afford big money to Turner and Soto then what’s the point?

Also, Soto just looks totally disinterested right now. He’s still hitting but just doesn’t seem to care. I hate how much of his controlled years are going to be wasted now. I’d suspect we aren’t really competitive for at least two years so basically by the time we’re good again Soto’s deal will be up. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...