FA predictions for your team

BZski

The pats are going to lose a bunch. They will trade for two players - one with a mid rd pick and one with a late rd pick.  They will sign a WR that was good two years ago.  The will also sign 2 vet oline-men that did not start 6 games between them over the last 3 years.  It happens every year. 

On 3/2/2019 at 9:54 AM, BZski said:

Yea you guys got a nice thing going with the comp picks every year. TBH from an outsiders perspective it is frustrating Pats get a 3rd rd comp pick and more every year. I personally dont get the Flower love a lot of Lions fans are having with the MP connection. I just dont see him as a 15+ mil a season player. I really hope the Lions pass on that!

Don't get hung up on the 15 mill part, it is 7% of the cap.  I remember being shocked at Gilmour getting 12 mill, but when it was shown to be 7% of a 160 mill cap it lessens the impact on your thought process.  With qbs now at 30mill and impact DE can be paid half that.  And if the pats had that cap room, I would be fine with giving it to him.  Don't just look at sacks, but see how well he holds the edge. I rather have him than Chandler Jones.  

On 3/3/2019 at 1:50 AM, jaa1025 said:

Chiefs Cuts/Trades/Releases

• Eric Berry--Release. Worst contract in sports history. Signed the biggest contract for a safety in NFL history. Got injured during the first game after signing and in 2 seasons hasn't played a full game. He once cited his spirit didn't want him to play or something like during a game last season. He refuses to get surgery to fix the bone spur so this off season. I'm not sure if he will even play football again. He'd be a post june 1st cut. 
  • Justin Houston--Trade. 30 years old. Still a very good OLB. High price tag for the Chiefs cap wise but manageable for the receiving team (cap hit drops to 14mil). Given he plays a premium position and still one of the better pass rushers in the league he should be able to net a 3rd or 4th rounder. 
  • Dee Ford--Tag and Trade. They have tagged him and are listening to offers. He had a very good season last year, finally. Normally, I'd love for the Chiefs to lock up a player like he was last season but given his injury history and the fact that out of 5 seasons he had 1 very good one last year I wouldn't at all. After the big signing failures (EB and Houston) i'm gun shy in signing an injury prone player long term. Hopefully, can net a 2nd or 3rd+.

FA Targets

• Collins--I think they go hard after Collins if he's released. He had his best season in Spags defense and Dave Meritt was his position coach. Both are now on the Chiefs defensive staff. They will need safeties bad assuming they let go of everyone but Watts (Rookie last year that showed promise but injured) and Lucas RFA. Safety was their biggest need along with CB last year and will be this off season again.
  • Anthony Barr--I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs go after him. He's an ideal SAM LB fit in the Chiefs defense and if they do trade/cut Houston then they have no one else that could even play there IMO.
  • Trey Flowers--I could see interest here if Ford and Houston are gone. Brendan Daly, his position coach from NE, is now on the Chiefs staff. 
  • If they don't get Collins then look at Earl Thomas to get some attention from KC. He was a broken leg from becoming a Chief midway through the season. If not these two they will sign one of the many FA safeties. Too big of a hole.
  • Weak CB FA class, unfortunately.
  • Look for WR signing from KC. They lack depth with Chris Conley leaving. Watkins is a good bet to miss 5-6 games next season and that leaves Hill. 
  • They also need a 2nd TE

Are you serious?  Why would any team trade for a 3rd or a 4th for houston and pay him 14mill.  He will not get 14mill as a FA.  At 30YO I would expect him to get 3 and 33 with about 12 mill in guarantees.  Now if he was willing to restructure as part of the deal then it is more likely  But to give him 14 mill this year and 16 next is way to rich as if you don't keep him you just pissed away a 3rd.

On 3/3/2019 at 8:35 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Hes not bad, hes just not worth the 50+ mill contract hes currently getting. Hes a complimentary piece at this point, not a focal point you aggressively go after.

Now he is a guy that I can see the pats moving on. 

On 3/3/2019 at 5:08 PM, BZski said:

Supposedly Lions are going to go after Kareem Jackson pretty hard. I wouldn't hate it but wouldn't love it either considering his age.

I could see this as a solid fit - Jackson could play S on run downs, and slide down to slot CB on passing downs. 

He never had top end speed, but he had really good reaction time to short routes in the flats and really played physical, dislodged the ball with some force. (Never got fined either, not that I know of...) Really good locker room guy, watched a ton of film and was a key mentor to guys like AJ Bouye and Justin Reid. 

I'll really hate to see him go, but it's a numbers game at this point, and the Texans have three guys in Reid, Mathieu (maybe) and Andre Hal that fill what Jackson does.

Nonetheless, it'll still suck when he goes.

4 hours ago, patman said:

Are you serious?  Why would any team trade for a 3rd or a 4th for houston and pay him 14mill.  He will not get 14mill as a FA.  At 30YO I would expect him to get 3 and 33 with about 12 mill in guarantees.  Now if he was willing to restructure as part of the deal then it is more likely  But to give him 14 mill this year and 16 next is way to rich as if you don't keep him you just pissed away a 3rd.

Why? Because pass rushers don't become available often. Even though he's a few seasons from being elite he's still a very good pass rushing OLB and one of the best all round 3-4 OLB's in football. He plays a premium position and if cut he'd probably be the best pass rusher in free agency. 

And to answer your question, you trade for him so you don't have to get into a bidding war for his services. 

6 hours ago, jaa1025 said:

Why? Because pass rushers don't become available often. Even though he's a few seasons from being elite he's still a very good pass rushing OLB and one of the best all round 3-4 OLB's in football. He plays a premium position and if cut he'd probably be the best pass rusher in free agency. 

And to answer your question, you trade for him so you don't have to get into a bidding war for his services. 

Because you believe the bidding war won't end at 14mill and 16 mill over the next two years.  And if it does you still have your third rd pick.

15 hours ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't expect him to regress. I don't think people are aware of how good of a pass blocking right tackle he was with the niners. Last year really want an isolated season anything. He was very good with the niners, just played for a crap team. His biggest issues are initially (gets a lot of nagging ones), and he is not a good run blocker. But he's always been a very good pass blocker

Yes this is my only concern with brown is injury and being over weight. 

14 hours ago, ET80 said:
On 3/4/2019 at 3:27 AM, ET80 said:

Jadevion Clowney should be tagged...

... and like that, I spoke it into existence. xD

On 3/4/2019 at 3:27 AM, ET80 said:

Kevin Johnson will be cut, unless he can't pass a physical. 

I... HAVE... THE GIFT!

BRING ME SAQUAN BARKLEY!

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t see Cleveland being active like last year. If Justin Houston is cut, he’s a guy I see Cleveland wanting. If Dorsey wants to go after a “splash” signing it’d be Trey Flowers.

What's your cap space like this year?

Archived