What is Rosen worth and to who?

dll2000

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At this point they may be better holding on to him and seeing if a QB goes down in the preseason and look for a pick in ‘20 a la the Eagles with Bradford.

Granted he’s not an established starter like Bradford was, but he’s likely a better option than what will be available then.

This is always the low point value wise for veterans as teams overvalue picks right now.  That dynamic shifts as the season approaches, needs arise, jobs are on the line and options are limited.

Yep, that's definitely an option. Would make more sense than holding on to him whilst selecting your franchise QB....

If they carry both for a season - will that hamper their ability to bring in other talent (in terms of finances)? I don't know how much they both cost and what their cap is etc. 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Yep, that's definitely an option. Would make more sense than holding on to him whilst selecting your franchise QB....

If they carry both for a season - will that hamper their ability to bring in other talent (in terms of finances)? I don't know how much they both cost and what their cap is etc. 

Eh, they’re on rookie deals so they’re likely less combined than most veteran starting QB’s.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At this point they may be better holding on to him and seeing if a QB goes down in the preseason and look for a pick in ‘20 a la the Eagles with Bradford.

Granted he’s not an established starter like Bradford was, but he’s likely a better option than what will be available then.

This is always the low point value wise for veterans as teams overvalue picks right now.  That dynamic shifts as the season approaches, needs arise, jobs are on the line and options are limited.

Do we even know that? At this point, we have nothing to definitively suggest that he's better than a lot of backups out there.

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

Do we even know that? At this point, we have nothing to definitively suggest that he's better than a lot of backups out there.

That’s fair.  

I think most observers saw him as a legit first round QB talent who just turned 22.  People want to hold his rookie performance against him, but it really wasn’t out of line for what most rookies do, especially ones as young as him. And that doesn’t even factor in his supporting cast. 

I’m not a Rosen fanboy or anything, I thought he was QB3 last year, but I like him more than guys in this class. With KK I see why they went Murray, and honestly it’s a good move.  If you’re going all in on Air Raid, go ALL IN.  That said, I think Rosen projects as better player in most other situations/offenses.

There simply aren’t many 22 year old QB’s with his skill set, collegiate production, intelligence, etc available and I think a team would be wise to buy low right now.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s fair.  

I think most observers saw him as a legit first round QB talent who just turned 22.  People want to hold his rookie performance against him, but it really wasn’t out of line for what most rookies do, especially ones as young as him. And that doesn’t even factor in his supporting cast. 

I’m not a Rosen fanboy or anything, I thought he was QB3 last year, but I like him more than guys in this class. With KK I see why they went Murray, and honestly it’s a good move.  If you’re going all in on Air Raid, go ALL IN.  That said, I think Rosen projects as better player in most other situations/offenses.

There simply aren’t many 22 year old QB’s with his skill set, collegiate production, intelligence, etc available and I think a team would be wise to buy low right now.

Sure. But the window is closing fast. A lot of opportunities have probably already passed Arizona by. Their last best hope is to trade him with the next 12 hours. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This also alludes to another point.

People are pointing to the fact the Cardinals are moving on from him as an indication he stinks.  As these moves show, it’s very possible their FO is just incompetent.

Teams moved on from guys like Favre and Young too, doesn’t make the team correct.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Sure. But the window is closing fast. A lot of opportunities have probably already passed Arizona by. Their last best hope is to trade him with the next 12 hours. 

For picks this year yeah.

They could potentially work out picks for next year if a GM is desperate or perhaps even a swap for a player.

I still think waiting may net them the best deal.  From the end of the season until Sunday, draft picks are overvalued compared to other parts of the year.

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Just another example of how bad Keim is as a GM. That's crazy. Doesn't  even say the money paid out for Rosens 12 month employment or Wilks.

Mindboggling  why he has a job still.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1