Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Quinn will be in the slot - if he wins the job - bc that’s the position that up for grabs at the moment. It’s almost guaranteed that Doctson and PRich are your starters on the outside for at least this year, and maybe longer if they have good years. 

I’m mostly looking at WRs in the draft who I think can be good slot WRs.

Why not X? PRich isn't one and Dox is gone after this year. I'm okay with going after a slot receiver to compete. But to ignore the other WR positions is not smart IMHO. 

23 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Why are some people talking like he was the #1 pick in the draft and got hurt. Dude was the last pick in the draft. I think that says something. Not wishing any bad luck on him, but as I've said many time IM NOT JUST GIVING HIM THE JOB.

And what others have said is that you're arguing to sign Grant and just give him a job. When he's shown to be a poor WR.

Those same others (including me) have said that Quinn is a lock...

....right now...

...because of who is currently on the roster...

...but we're okay with bringing in competition from the draft or a UDFA for the slot  WR position.

Bringing in Grant means you have Gruden's favorite back on the roster. Which means that no matter what any other WR shows in camp, Grant will make the roster. So again...the only one that is offering a solution that guarantees a job to someone, is you and Turtle, when you advocate signing Grant to the roster.

As for saying something. It says something that the team that signed him away last year, no longer wants him. And his services are so in-demand that this far into FA, he hasn't gotten a sniff.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And what others have said is that you're arguing to sign Grant and just give him a job. When he's shown to be a poor WR.

Those same others (including me) have said that Quinn is a lock...

....right now...

...because of who is currently on the roster...

...but we're okay with bringing in competition from the draft or a UDFA for the slot  WR position.

Bringing in Grant means you have Gruden's favorite back on the roster. Which means that no matter what any other WR shows in camp, Grant will make the roster. So again...the only one that is offering a solution that guarantees a job to someone, is you and Turtle, when you advocate signing Grant to the roster.

As for saying something. It says something that the team that signed him away last year, no longer wants him. And his services are so in-demand that this far into FA, he hasn't gotten a sniff.

I never said give Grant anything. I said bring him in to compete and thats when you came with Grant taking Reps from guys. I didn't even read past your first sentence. Like i said we disagree but make sure your have my Facts correct. I agreed bring Grant back would give the team a consistent and reliable 3-5 WR to compete with others in camp. 

22 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

We shouldn't give him the job, no doubt about it.

List of big needs this season: LG, FREE SAFETY, X RECIEVER, EDGE RUSHER. Big arguments can be made for quarterback and inside lb also.

Why in the world are we caught up on a slot receiver? That's the least of our worries right now.

Because we just lost one of the best slot WRs in the NFL - when healthy - and we don’t know for sure if we have a player on the roster who can come close to replacing his production. I like Quinn’s potential, but until I see a guy do something worthwhile I’m not going to crown his arse! 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

I never said give Grant anything. I said bring him in to compete and thats when you came with Grant taking Reps from guys. I didn't even read past your first sentence. Like i said we disagree but make sure your have my Facts correct. I agreed bring Grant back would give the team a consistent and reliable 3-5 WR to compete with others in camp. 

Exactly, bringing in Grant on a vet min deal costs us nothing. Consistent depth is what we need, he brings that.

The argument you guys make for Grant makes no sense. Turtle your saying it doesn't cost us anything. Couldn't be farther from the truth, everything cant be valued in money. Those reps he would take from unproven players are very valuable to the future. We know who Ryan Grant is and simply put its not good enough. He isn't going to all of a sudden be a good wr, hes had more than enough time to prove otherwise. And Skins what team goes out looking to sign a guy that even you say is 3-5 on the depth chart? Nobody, you draft those all day long and you develop them. If they don't develop you cut them, you don't bring them.

Free agent receivers are brought in to start. Crowder, Beasley, Williams, Humphreys all signed to start. Grant, Crabtree and others are still on the market because you can easily draft what they would bring you on a team and have upside. That's just smart business 

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Why not X? PRich isn't one and Dox is gone after this year. I'm okay with going after a slot receiver to compete. But to ignore the other WR positions is not smart IMHO. 

I’d like to get a WR I think that can play both tbh. Most of the WRs I like have the ability to play outside but also could play in the slot. For example, Metcalf really isn’t someone I want, but his teammate AJ Brown I’d take in a heart beat bc I think he can play in the slot as a rookie and outside if he outplays Doc or Prich.

11 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

The argument you guys make for Grant makes no sense. Turtle your saying it doesn't cost us anything. Couldn't be farther from the truth, everything cant be valued in money. Those reps he would take from unproven players are very valuable to the future. We know who Ryan Grant is and simply put its not good enough. He isn't going to all of a sudden be a good wr, hes had more than enough time to prove otherwise. And Skins what team goes out looking to sign a guy that even you say is 3-5 on the depth chart? Nobody, you draft those all day long and you develop them. If they don't develop you cut them, you don't bring them.

Free agent receivers are brought in to start. Crowder, Beasley, Williams, Humphreys all signed to start. Grant, Crabtree and others are still on the market because you can easily draft what they would bring you on a team and have upside. That's just smart business 

Good depth is something this team needs. I never said Grant was or will be a good WR. At the same time though we've lacked good depth at certain spots. FOR years it's been poor depth on the OL/DL that doomed possibly playoff seasons. Last year we had poor depth at interior OL & WR which derailed our season.

I would never advocate paying Grant $5 mil, like the Colts did, but they need someone they can count on to run the right routes, catch a few passes a game and get a few TDs a year should the starters go down.

My hope is that any rookie we get, Davis, Quinn, Simms and Kingsly out play Grant in the preseason - or Rashad Ross if we sign him & I hope we do - but we can't and shouldn't  bank on any the rookie we draft or our young wrs being even a mediocre WR right now. We need both a vet and the young competition.

I 100% believe that if Grant didn't get offered a $5 million deal from the Colts last year we would've re-signed him for like $2 mil a year and maybe a multi-year deal for a few mil each year. I also believe that if he had been on the Redskins and not the Colts last year that his season would’ve looked just like it did in 2017 w/ 40-50 catches for around or over 500 yds & 3 to 5 tds.

You're telling me we couldn't have used that last year or this year if one of our starters goes down?

Bologna 

Declaring a 4 hour freeze on this thread, just to change the subject from Ryan Grant whom we've discussed for almost ten pages.

Thai, if I forget, please re-open this thread at 2PM Eastern.

4 hours ago, Woz said:

Declaring a 4 hour freeze on this thread, just to change the subject from Ryan Grant whom we've discussed for almost ten pages.

Thai, if I forget, please re-open this thread at 2PM Eastern.

AND WE'RE BACK FOLKS!!!

Let's discuss these FA safeties. Are ppl interested in:

1. Eric Berry on a one year prove it deal

2. Tre Boston

3. Mike Mitchell

4. George Iloka

5. Kendrick Lewis

6. Darian Stewart

7. Grover Quinn

8. Kurt Coleman

9. Corey Graham

10. Ron Parker

Or should we stay put with our young safeties to complete for the FS spot and draft a FS prospect?

Archived